ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

Are you always this stupid or just trying to pretend?
What did i say that wasn’t true. Wake up buddy. The Mets are a laughingstock on national TV. The Diaz/cano signing was one of the worst in MLB history. The mariners couldn’t be happier.
Alonso has been brutal.

What did i say that wasn’t true. Wake up buddy. The Mets are a laughingstock on national TV. The Diaz/cano signing was one of the worst in MLB history. The mariners couldn’t be happier.
Alonso has been brutal.

It's 3 games for Alonso dumbass. This season is a joke anyway. Yankees were a laughingstock last night also buddy.

It's 3 games for Alonso dumbass. This season is a joke anyway. Yankees were a laughingstock last night also buddy.
I didn’t see the yanks lose 14-1 on national TV. And figured the Mets fans would call the season a a joke the second it fell apart for them. It’s the same rules for everybody son.

More confidence in Wacha, why is Corey oswalt still here?
He'll be gone by Tuesday.
I was being overly kind. Oswalt didn't make it through the night. He was optioned to the Alternate Training Site in Brooklyn immediately after the game. Mets will add someone today. Possibly a starter for tomorrow, maybe David Peterson or Erasmo Ramirez.

Also Eduardo Nunez was injured and we'll see what's up with him today.

Enought with Oswalt, he stinks. Maybe they are waiting for Chris Flexen.

Enought with Oswalt, he stinks. Maybe they are waiting for Chris Flexen.
You must be under the impression that BVWIQ has lined-up other capable starters. He's done just the opposite. He's thinned the starting pitching depth since he got here. And 40% of the starting rotation he set up for this year just got rocked last night. He's as clueless as his lack of qualifications suggested he'd be. The ownership change can't come fast enough.

One thing this team which can't hit for shit cannot afford is bad pitching. Have to try to hold the opposition to 2-3 runs and hope for a few solo home runs which is of course their specialty. Maybe a bases loaded walk.

Yeah, I think that post might have it backward. I wouldn't give up on the hitting after three games. Last year suggests that our hitting is average to above average. The pitching--without Noah and Wheeler and with essentially the same bullpen--is the concern.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Same lineup as last season. Lots of strikeouts, solo home runs and 250-260 batting averages. Oh and no speed. Pretty much feast or famine.
7th in runs in NL last year. Firmly middle of the pack. The pitching was 6th in ERA, so a tick better, but still near the middle of the pack. But in the off season we lost pitching or let it go. So . . .

Sure, or maybe they weren't better largely because of the weight of the 1st half lull. I'm not a fan of cutting up the year-long statistics. The full year is more likely what they are than your preferred cut of just the first half or the just second half.

Tonight's lineup. Shaking it up a bit. Dom Smith gets his first start.

Rosario SS
Alonso 1B
McNeil 3B
Davis LF
Conforto RF
Ramos C
Cano 2B
Smith DH
Nimmo CF

Tonight's lineup. Shaking it up a bit. Dom Smith gets his first start.

Rosario SS
Alonso 1B
McNeil 3B
Davis LF
Conforto RF
Ramos C
Cano 2B
Smith DH
Nimmo CF
I was thinking that Dom needs to get a chance, but I hope that it's at the expense of Cespedes over some others who have done squat only because they don't want to push him just yet.

Last edited:
I didn’t see the yanks lose 14-1 on national TV. And figured the Mets fans would call the season a a joke the second it fell apart for them. It’s the same rules for everybody son.
All teams lose a game 14-1 at some point in the season. During Mets 86 championship season I believe they lost a game to the Phillies 26-5. One lopsided loss means nothing.

All teams lose a game 14-1 at some point in the season. During Mets 86 championship season I believe they lost a game to the Phillies 26-5. One lopsided loss means nothing.
Very true. In the big picture that score means nothing. Now the smaller picture is what it means to Porcello and Oswalt who was already given the heave ho. Free Seth Lugo.

Very true. In the big picture that score means nothing. Now the smaller picture is what it means to Porcello and Oswalt who was already given the heave ho. Free Seth Lugo.
I'm still trying to understand how the Mets see value in Porcello and Oswalt? Oswalt is a 4A player at best and Porcello is shot as a pitcher. Porcello is the dude you want to throw BP.

Guess who's back Mets fans? It's Tyler Bashlor!

Don't bash the messenger.
Rip Van Sleep at the Wheel has added nothing to the organization in terms of valuable pieces. I'm sure there were chances to add quality arms to the bullpen and starting rotation, but the thought of spending a few million made the leadership of the Mets sick to the stomach. I guess it's easier to save a few million while losing games they could and maybe even win.

Bashlor could be up for one day only. David Peterson is traveling with the team as part of the three man taxi squad. Would not be surprised if he is activated tomorrow and takes the start.

Same old Mets. Between the fans and the club they remain the laughingstock of this league.
Yet your in this thread taking interest, so I guess the Yankee thread is boring again. I just have to go back over there and stir the pot again. I'm getting pretty sick and tired trying to pump life into a fan base that seems to think their entitled,lol

All of sudden “little” Pete Alonso can’t hit when the ball ain’t juiced. And Maybe BVW can bring in another one of his ex clients. The cano/Diaz deal has been a homerun. (For the other team that is)
How many did Judge hit last year, oh wait, I forgot, he was hurt AGAIN!!!!

Not to take a shot at the Yankee fans in here but Met's are in their 4th game and are averaging 3 runs per game and Yankees, in their 3 games averaged? hmmmmmmmmm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT