ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2020-2021 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obvious that Cole needs a little help from the rest of the rotation.
And Stanton needs a little help from the rest of the team. Lol sorry, couldn’t resist.
Cole did earn his money last night

Sign Bauer. Get Severino back. Garcia will take the next step and we are the best team in baseball.
Unless Judge gets hurt again, Torres doesn't bounce back, Higs does not prove to be an everyday Catcher and no one in the OF hits again.
Need to figure out RP too.
Cole, Seve, Montgomery, possible Garcia really isnt that bad.

Obvious that Cole needs a little help from the rest of the rotation.
Happ, Tanaka, and Paxton = gone
Sign Bauer

Rotation:
Cole
Bauer
Sevi
German
Garcia
Montgomery (yes, need 6 for the rotation given injuries)

Sanchez = gone
Resign DJL

Reactions: biker7766
I believe Cashman should be let
.go. he inherited a World Series Champion
Team. That was young, extremely talented,and
He did very well until they got old. And has been
Struggling since.
Except that one year Hal bought a truck load of
Super Stars. Now he buys yes men, that aren't allowed to coach. Tampa has found two really
Good coaches so they are out there. Brian had his days,
Now it is time to step aside.
I've read a few NY based articles saying that it's time for him to move on as well. Every year we lose in the playoffs because of pitching but he persists to build a team that just slugs home runs.
And any common sense has gone out the window relying on sabermetrics 100% of the time.

I've read a few NY based articles saying that it's time for him to move on as well. Every year we lose in the playoffs because of pitching but he persists to build a team that just slugs home runs.
And any common sense has gone out the window relying on sabermetrics 100% of the time.
He does go after the home run hitters, and figures he can always teach them defense at the big league
level. It don't work that way. Baseball favors the home run hitter, thinking it will improve the attendance,
which it might do. But this game has changed for the worst. My 12 year old grand son is a star in 5 sports, and shows no interest in watching it on TV. I asked why he won't watch the Yanks Giants and Knicks with me.
He says, too boring I don't have 3 hours to waste.

Reactions: WhiteBus
He does go after the home run hitters, and figures he can always teach them defense at the big league
level. It don't work that way. Baseball favors the home run hitter, thinking it will improve the attendance,
which it might do. But this game has changed for the worst. My 12 year old grand son is a star in 5 sports, and shows no interest in watching it on TV. I asked why he won't watch the Yanks Giants and Knicks with me.
We need more contact hitters.....like DJ.

Not to mention, with the constant defensive shifts all teams employ, and the abandonment of base stealing, it's much harder to score going base to base. I'd have to believe the percentage of runs scored via the homerun has gone up tremendously the past couple of seasons.

I agree with those that think Tanaka returns. His two post season starts didn't help his FA value.

Dump Sanchez ASAP

If I'm the GM I trade Judge and get some value. He cannot stay healthy. It's time to move on while they get something in return

Reactions: knight82

Smart kid.

Baseball in particular needs to figure that out. I love watching but simply don't have 3 to 4 hours 6 days a week.

Younger generations seem less willing to spend that kind of time.

I agree with those that seek more contact hitters on the team. Obviously resign DJ.

Get a true #2 pitcher like Bauer, he's only signing one year deals anyway.

Get a strong defensive catcher somewhere.

End the Sanchez experiment.

Add some bullpen depth.

Tanaka can come back on a 2-3 year deal. If he wants more try to wait him out or just let it go. Especially if they get a Bauer first.

Fill the backend of the rotation with the young kids. See what they can do. Make a trade at the deadline for pitching .

Let Frazier play full time.

Fire Boone? I don't think it matters as long as the number crunchers are so involved in decision making.

I agree with those that seek more contact hitters on the team. Obviously resign DJ.

Add some bullpen depth.

Tanaka can come back on a 2-3 year deal. If he wants more try to wait him out or just let it go. Especially if they get a Bauer first.

Fill the backend of the rotation with the young kids. See what they can do. Make a trade at the deadline for pitching .

Fire Boone? I don't think it matters as long as the number crunchers are so involved in decision making.
Don't we have a strong defensive catcher already? Yes, Frazier needs to play full time.

Don't we have a strong defensive catcher already? Yes, Frazier needs to play full time.
You have to replace Sanchez, i Just don't want them to worry about getting some crazy offensive player in that spot Focus on improving the pitching with a good game caller.

Add some bullpen depth.

I'm,,

I think your right, I don't believe
A top notch manager is going to park his ass at Yankee stadium.

Reactions: Rhuarc
I think your right, I don't believe
A top notch manager is going to park his ass at Yankee stadium.
Even Top Notch managers are going to realize they are going to be reporting to Analytic GM/Owners from here on out. Boonie really doesn't seem to be the answer. And has Cashman now become expendable as he does not seem to have been improving the organization much over the past few years. Maybe need new ideas

I'm not a fire Cashman guy in any way. However.....

If the Yankees continue to struggle in the playoffs for a few more seasons and no actions are taken I will shift my vote (not that anyone would care). Currently, his positives still outweigh any negatives that come up.

I'm not a fire Cashman guy in any way. However.....

If the Yankees continue to struggle in the playoffs for a few more seasons and no actions are taken I will shift my vote (not that anyone would care). Currently, his positives still outweigh any negatives that come up.
I would agree on that except the failures in the playoffs are glaring and are the same issue. They love the YES money as they win so much during the regular season so that seems his plan. Lots of HR. TV fans. Lots of wins in the 162 season than...

Something tells me we won't see much unexpected. Lot of uncertainty about fans in the stands heading into next year. Everyone expects Happ and Pax to move on. That makes sense. I'll be disappointed but not shocked if they give Sanchez one more year if they can't trade him.
Next year's rotation looks like Cole, Masa, Monty, German, and some mix of Deivi and the kids until Sevy gets back. Unless they can get Bauer on a one year deal.
I'd like a couple more left handed bats, but then you have to create a lineup spot or two. Sherman in the Post speculated about trading Voit, moving DJ to first, GT back to 2nd, and he had a few names of lefty shortstops. It will be an interesting hot stove season, that's for sure.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Yankees fans have seen this as well as Phillies fans. Freddie Freeman kills the shift with players on. It's why you can't coach by numbers. The reason why Cashman needs to go. People play the game not computers

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Yankees fans have seen this as well as Phillies fans. Freddie Freeman kills the shift with players on. It's why you can't coach by numbers. The reason why Cashman needs to go. People play the game not computers
Why would they put the shift on Freddie Freeman? It's like putting the shift on DJ, he's just going to go the other way. I googled his spray chart; he hits it everywhere as evenly as you can.

Reactions: WhiteBus
JuGKHDQdJbtxjEqIVDm1Gou_7Zd3PYH1Y8u14EJo5VQ.jpg

Reactions: Vlife and WhiteBus
Something tells me we won't see much unexpected. Lot of uncertainty about fans in the stands heading into next year. Everyone expects Happ and Pax to move on. That makes sense. I'll be disappointed but not shocked if they give Sanchez one more year if they can't trade him.
Next year's rotation looks like Cole, Masa, Monty, German, and some mix of Deivi and the kids until Sevy gets back. Unless they can get Bauer on a one year deal.
I'd like a couple more left handed bats, but then you have to create a lineup spot or two. Sherman in the Post speculated about trading Voit, moving DJ to first, GT back to 2nd, and he had a few names of lefty shortstops. It will be an interesting hot stove season, that's for sure.
Didi ?

His choice or Yankees choice?
Both. In July he tweeted he is leaving baseball. Kinda retracted that but hasn't been playing anywhere. Yesterday Cashman called the incident that lead to his suspension "horrific"

For the Cashman love fest crowd how did the sabermetrics gang miss on JM Choi? Literly carrying Tampa to the WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT