ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2020-2021 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yankees had clearly lost confidence in O and it was definitely time to dump him.
Too many times coming in to put out the fire with nothing but a can of gasoline will do that.

The Yankees had clearly lost confidence in O and it was definitely time to dump him.
Too many times coming in to put out the fire with nothing but a can of gasoline will do that.
He had one horrible outing. 6 runs and no outs. Infinity ERA. Without that game his ERA was 2.50. And he was stellar in 2019 so not buying he lost it. Simply needed cap room.

Reactions: RW90
The problem was when Kahnle went down, AO got too many appearances and too many innings. Couldn't throw a strike to save his ass. Relievers like him are rather easy to find.

But you knew he wasn't going to be on the roster in 2021.

I like the idea of Pederson.

He had one horrible outing. 6 runs and no outs. Infinity ERA. Without that game his ERA was 2.50. And he was stellar in 2019 so not buying he lost it. Simply needed cap room.
He had more than one horrible outing. I watched every inning of every Yankees game this past season and there were a number of times he entered a game, couldn't find the strike zone, and was quickly replaced by someone else. Not sure how those appearances affected his ERA.
There's a reason the Yanks chose not to use him at the end of the season.
We can do better.

The Yankees sign Darren O'Day...a reliever that's always been a pain in the ass to the guys in pinstripes.
Let's hope he's as good pitching for them as he was against them.

The Yankees sign Darren O'Day...a reliever that's always been a pain in the ass to the guys in pinstripes.
Let's hope he's as good pitching for them as he was against them.
Yawn. Very underwhelming.

If the Yankees make the playoffs this season do you think they'd use him in any of those games ?
Who knows? Even the Yankees don't. It would be based on how he threw in 2021 not what he did in previous years.

It is really time to let Cashman go. His lack of ability to put together a playoff team as opposed to a regular season team that puts up crazy numbers. He so f-ing arrogant he now is blaming and calling out DJ Lemahieu for a contract to get done over a media news conference. What a prick! He bashes DJ but keeps praising (and paying) Sanchez.

“If DJ wanted it over in two weeks, he could have just said yes to my first offer,” Cashman said in a video call with reporters. “But he said no, so he dragged it out. As far as I’m concerned, he’s just as guilty as we are in terms of why it took so long.”

It is really time to let Cashman go. His lack of ability to put together a playoff team as opposed to a regular season team that puts up crazy numbers. He so f-ing arrogant he now is blaming and calling out DJ Lemahieu for a contract to get done over a media news conference. What a prick! He bashes DJ but keeps praising (and paying) Sanchez.

“If DJ wanted it over in two weeks, he could have just said yes to my first offer,” Cashman said in a video call with reporters. “But he said no, so he dragged it out. As far as I’m concerned, he’s just as guilty as we are in terms of why it took so long.”
Those are strange quotes by Cashman giving the fact that DJ signed such a Yankee friendly deal in hopes it could help the team.

Those are strange quotes by Cashman giving the fact that DJ signed such a Yankee friendly deal in hopes it could help the team.
Maybe Cashman is starting to feel some pressure from those above him? Or maybe he's just irritated and let the mask slip for once? It's definitely an interesting quote.

Just saw the article where Sanchez was surprised and didn’t know why he was benched in playoffs. Wow. He lead the league in passed balls and made up for that by hitting 147. I don’t know how he is staying in the majors.

Time for him to go for sure. He took over a 1996 championship team and did good for a limousine driver
using the Gene Michael developed team. When the core 4, Bernie, O'Neil and others got old he just could not rebuild. this is his 2nd long no championship streak he has had. He can not leave soon enough for me.

Last edited:
Time for him to go for sure. He took over a 1996 championship team and did good for a limousine driver
using the Gene Michael developed team. When the core 4, Bernie, O'Neil and others got old he just could not rebuild. this is his 2nd long no championship streak he has had. He can not leave soon enough for me.
He has made some bone headed moves over the years that could have crippled less fortunate teams but the Yankees could get away with because “it is only money”
That said, he actually built a hell of a system and pulled some miracles the last couple of seasons.

So those that have Severino in the mix you will need to wait until July at the earliest. Per Cashman.

I fully expect the NYY to make a play for Hendricks from the Cubs as it seems the Cubs are looking for a farm system reboot. Certainly slots in as a good #3.

Reactions: biker7766
I can't see how that doesn't happen. Aren't they currently using both NY stadiums for Covid-vaccine shots ?
Arizona is begging them to push spring training back at least a month.
Normally this is the weekend where most teams send down their equipment tractor trailers are packed up and head South. So I think there is another push by the owners to delay the start.

If Hal would nut up and exceed the luxury tax, Cashman could sweep in and get a lot of great complimentary pieces on a 1 year deal to go all in and win one. It's pretty ridiculous that the Yankees worry about the luxury tax threshold on any given year.

Reactions: Kbee3 and T2Kplus20
If Hal would nut up and exceed the luxury tax, Cashman could sweep in and get a lot of great complimentary pieces on a 1 year deal to go all in and win one. It's pretty ridiculous that the Yankees worry about the luxury tax threshold on any given year.
It's not just the Yankees. Every single team in MLB will be under the cap this season.

George wouldn't have worried about no stinking luxury tax.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Yankees tell Stanton and Judge to stop being body builders. About time!

Read a much shorter version in the Post a few days ago. Reminded me of when Strahan was playing at 275, 280 plus and was getting less effective. Talk was that he was not going to last much longer. He spent the whole offseason doing Pilates and came into camp at 265ish. Breathed new life into his career. If these guys have half the result, it will be a huge win.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Yanks sign Jay Bruce.
Lefty bat for Yankee Stadium.
Meh, just not a fan of his. But when/if he gets hot he can launch them.
There is a reason he has been on 7 teams in the last 5 season.
Plus its a minor league deal.

He’ll start in right 1/3 to 1/2 the games when Judge sits for injuries.
Bruce is a perfect signing. His left handed bat is made for Yankee stadium, he is a professional and his knows his place. He will have some huge hits this year.

He’ll start in right 1/3 to 1/2 the games when Judge sits for injuries.
Hopefully not. The team went after Judge and Stanton to stop lifting weights to look like a body builder. Most of their issues are related to them overdoing it. More for Stanton then Judge. Judge's two big injuries were getting hit by a pitch and diving for a ball.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT