ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think LG should be the starter at 3B even when Davis is back. His sample size keeps growing and it shows he is a good hitter. If you couple that with his D you have a pretty good underrated player. Nothing would get through that side of the field so especially when Stroman and Peterson are starting with their groundball tendencies.

Reactions: tico brown
I'm starting to think LG should be the starter at 3B even when Davis is back. His sample size keeps growing and it shows he is a good hitter. If you couple that with his D you have a pretty good underrated player. Nothing would get through that side of the field so especially when Stroman and Peterson are starting with their groundball tendencies.
Who is LG?

I agree with you but you know Sandy Rojas will never go for that

If you start LG (sorry Shift to lazy to try to spell it) over Davis, you lose power and some protection for Conforto if he is hitting 5th. Also adds another lefty where if you have Conforto 5th, McNeill 6th and LG 7th you get three leftys in a row. You could hit the catcher 7th but I think Davis 6th followed by McNeill is our best lineup. If Davis is out long term I would prefer Villar over LG as he is a switch hitter and has really good speed.

If you start LG (sorry Shift to lazy to try to spell it) over Davis, you lose power and some protection for Conforto if he is hitting 5th. Also adds another lefty where if you have Conforto 5th, McNeill 6th and LG 7th you get three leftys in a row. You could hit the catcher 7th but I think Davis 6th followed by McNeill is our best lineup. If Davis is out long term I would prefer Villar over LG as he is a switch hitter and has really good speed.
Kind of nice to have good options. One of the areas the Met's improved greatly, and all championship teams have this- is the bench. We have guys like Villar who could be a starter at 2B and or 2B for at least a handful of teams. Experienced with great speed. LG- who just seems to do what he needs to do for you and may be better with the bat then we expected. In the OF, the same thing- guys that have been starters and could be starters elsewhere.
The only thing I would have loved on the bench would have been a power hitting RH. We just don't have that bench guy that can end an inning with a single mistake a closer may throw.

Thankfully we grabbed first by percentage points, or I'd really be loving the latest on Ramos, Lowrie, and Matz. 🤷‍♂️
Ramos has always been a solid hitter. Just a disaster behind the plate to the point that our Aces didn't want to pitch to him. Even Noah's 2019 season which was his worst...If you take out Ramos starts, he would have had a great season. Matz- I think he is a guy that needed a change of scenery. Could never figure out how he didnt become dominate. Big long LH with power and "stuff". You could see it when he was on- untouchable.
Lowrie- Has always just been a solid player. BVW f-ed that one up. I expect him to continue to be a solid .270 type hitter with 10-12 HR and just play good baseball.

None were a fit for the Met's so I hold no ill will on them and none on current Met's management that decided on a change.

I didn't see the game but did Conforto suffer the consequences of the night before?

Peterson tonight, deGrom next game after that, but God knows when that will be. Rain in NY tomorrow, then snow in Denver!
yeah- go figure. To make it worse for me- i have 4 Yahoo fantasy teams and both are heavy on Met's players. It's funny, I never try to do that except for guys like deGrom, Alonso, Lindor but as rounds were getting late, guys like Smith, Davis, Nimmo, Stroman were all sitting there. So, my problem is that my fantasy teams have been difficult to manage with so many missed games right off the start.

Sux with the snow in Denver- was hoping that would be where our bats wake up. Also figured what should be a series we are favored in before we get into a tough 6 games with Cubs/Sox

Would love to see us get these next 2 games against the Phils. Can't lose both

yeah- go figure. To make it worse for me- i have 4 Yahoo fantasy teams and both are heavy on Met's players. It's funny, I never try to do that except for guys like deGrom, Alonso, Lindor but as rounds were getting late, guys like Smith, Davis, Nimmo, Stroman were all sitting there. So, my problem is that my fantasy teams have been difficult to manage with so many missed games right off the start.

Sux with the snow in Denver- was hoping that would be where our bats wake up. Also figured what should be a series we are favored in before we get into a tough 6 games with Cubs/Sox

Would love to see us get these next 2 games against the Phils. Can't lose both
Nothing like snow in Colorado, and it's almost May. Par for the course.
I wouldn't call the series tough. It's more like the Mets are walking into a clusterf*ck on the Northside.

let's ask the Amigos...Oh wait, we won't see them again until we lose a few and they win a few.
100%. Also you won't see them in their own thread, lol. There's 185 posts and 3 k views in the Dead Zone/ Front Runners thread, compared to 939 posts and 11 k views in a real baseball fans thread.

Reactions: cicero grimes
So- now, Confoto and McNeil HBP today...interesting...anyone watching- did announcers say anything about it?

So- through 8 games-(2 times through rotation) Met's starting pitchers have combined for :

46.1 Inning 31 H 12 ER 11 BB 54 K 2.33 ERA .095 WHIP
For any 8 game stretch that is just insane.

Reactions: Greg2020
Wow! Peterson and Diaz on the ride home:

73de49df-fd69-4a3f-977b-b1618e729e84_text.gif

Reactions: Greg2020
So- now, Confoto and McNeil HBP today...interesting...anyone watching- did announcers say anything about it?
Over the last 2 to 3 years, the Mets have made it a habit to get hit. The Mets were 1st in 2019 in HBP. They were 2nd last year behind the Cubs. So far this year, the Mets again lead the league HBP. After finishing 8th in 2018, the Mets went all "in" to be the best at getting hit by opposing pitchers. 😁

Its going to cold and drizzling for most of the day. If they play I just hope no one gets hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT