ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread

Good starting pitching. I like having John Kruk and Mike Schmidt in the booth on Sundays. Nice killer instinct to sweep the Braves.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
Will this thread age as well as that Miami Marlins thread did in 2019? That thread did the Dead Zone before the Yankee thread does the Dead Zone every year. The Marlins thread had a little life put back into it by a couple of disgruntled Yankee fans we all know the names of that stopped posting in their thread. So true. 😁 Seriously though, any team with Joe Girardi as the manager will play to their best ability game in game out. I wished the Mets had signed him.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I’m less worried about DeGrom and more worried about trying to win a game with our 4th starter (Matt Moore) matching up.

Will this thread age as well as that Miami Marlins thread did in 2019? That thread did the Dead Zone before the Yankee thread does the Dead Zone every year. The Marlins thread had a little life put back into it by a couple of disgruntled Yankee fans we all know the names of that stopped posting in their thread. So true. 😁 Seriously though, any team with Joe Girardi as the manager will play to their best ability game in game out. I wished the Mets had signed him.
Nah... The Phillies fans here are legit and they’re not as obsessed with the Mets like the others. Phillies and Yankees for that matter should have a good year, esp with at least 2 people who I wish were in Queens. IDK about these days but at least CBP let you bring in your own hoagie/ cheesesteak and a bottled water into the park.

Last edited:
Going to a Phillies game is a great bargain—great ballpark, plenty of Free parking, you can bring food and beverages in (as long as it isn’t in glass) and standing room tickets for $20. ( Calling this week to see if they are selling standing room during corona).

Going to a Phillies game is a great bargain—great ballpark, plenty of Free parking, you can bring food and beverages in (as long as it isn’t in glass) and standing room tickets for $20. ( Calling this week to see if they are selling standing room during corona).
I'll let you know after the game. I'll pass that ticket booth going in.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I just called, not selling standing room tickets yet. Situation may change as capacity limit is expanded. Booooo

Reactions: WhiteBus
The only free parking that I know of is on Pattison Ave. and on Lawrence Street.It's changed quite a bit after the Vet.

Who do you root for when the Yanks play Phillie?
Yankees. No question about it. Lived in Philly or Bucks County since 1988. Wore Yankees gear from day 1. Never an issue. Older South Philly Italians loved telling me they were Yankee fans because "the greatest player to ever play" was one of theirs. Joe DiMaggio. A long comes 2009 WS and suddenly I'm an asshole. I joke and tell them I've been an asshole all along but it took you 31 years to figure it out! [roll]

Yankees. No question about it. Lived in Philly or Bucks County since 1988. Wore Yankees gear from day 1. Never an issue. Older South Philly Italians loved telling me they were Yankee fans because "the greatest player to ever play" was one of theirs. Joe DiMaggio. A long comes 2009 WS and suddenly I'm an asshole. I joke and tell them I've been an asshole all along but it took you 31 years to figure it out! [roll]
Thanks, you made me laugh out loud. Believe
me, I needed it.

I agree with this. Done this many time when I was living in South Jersey. You can also still move up to empty seats later on unlike at Citi, where the green shirts will try to kick your ass if you stop and look from the concourse.

I agree with this. Done this many time when I was living in South Jersey. You can also still move up to empty seats later on unlike at Citi, where the green shirts will try to kick your ass if you stop and look from the concourse.
A $20 handshake gets you down there at citi . Usually

Reactions: tico brown
Thanks, you made me laugh out loud. Believe
me, I needed it.
It is a true story! I'm a Cowboy fan and they sucked in '88 and the next several years so no issues. Even when they sacked Troy about 100 times they were killing me except a few of my softball teammates. However the next year ended that permanently! The exception of no issues to start was the Devils. They knew. I'll give Flyers fans credit they knew they were in trouble.
I have been have been getting some slack lately. I was a big proponent of Giradi and Didi.

Phils bullpen appears to be vastly improved. Tomorrow vs DeGrom will be a challenge.

Yea, it had to be, was historically bad last season. If they can consistently hand the ball to Alvarado, Bradley and Neris with a lead they'll be in good shape. Heck, if all else stays the same and the bullpen is just average, they'll be over a .500 club.

I think the Mets and Braves are probably better teams than them overall, but the Phillies should at least put up a fight for that last wildcard spot.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Moore has the look of an edge of the plate painter like Jamie Moyer that tops out at 94. Love hearing he spent 2020 in Japan to rehab properly and turned down other offers to be a Phillie via a minor league contract. I’m suddenly seeing him in a better light as a solid #4.

I have to say that Philly has a nice crowd tonight. Intense as hell. I’m just happy not to hear that stupid MLB THE SHOW noise like last year.

Yea, it had to be, was historically bad last season. If they can consistently hand the ball to Alvarado, Bradley and Neris with a lead they'll be in good shape. Heck, if all else stays the same and the bullpen is just average, they'll be over a .500 club.

I think the Mets and Braves are probably better teams than them overall, but the Phillies should at least put up a fight for that last wildcard spot.

I don't trust Neris at all.

Reactions: TM94goRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT