ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MLB Pipeline just listed it's Top Ten 3B prospects. Brett Baty #1! Mark Vientos #9. Figure Vientos will either be moved to OF or traded.
All of a sudden- Met's prospects are up there. I also see a lot of kids right behind them. Concerning- they are mostly position players and not pitching.

But still- high ranked minors and spending at the club level...good time to be a 50+ year fan.

Soon- there will be a lot of 2-5 year fans around the country as well as a whole bunch of fans that just hate us.,

Though- I always wonder why no one ever hates the Dodgers or Angels when they are spending the most money?

Reactions: tico brown
Amazing how quickly a minor league system can be rebuilt with great scouting and high draft picks. With that said, most teams will never bring up more than 2 players in any one year that could have an impact or be 5-10 year players. Most will be used as trade bait for teams a couple of years away. Mets are in a great position finally, with money and chips that can help in so many ways. LGM!

All of a sudden- Met's prospects are up there. I also see a lot of kids right behind them. Concerning- they are mostly position players and not pitching.

But still- high ranked minors and spending at the club level...good time to be a 50+ year fan.

Soon- there will be a lot of 2-5 year fans around the country as well as a whole bunch of fans that just hate us.,

Though- I always wonder why no one ever hates the Dodgers or Angels when they are spending the most money?
It’s like both were given a pass by national media. Both along with the Cubs, Cardinals, and Yankees (because they’re supposed to spend unlimited money) would be RIPPED A NEW ONE if it was the Mets were doing what those teams are doing.

Our farm is super thin. Yes we have a handful of high upside premium prospects but after that it gets barren quickly.

Hopefully Matt Allan can get back on a mound this year.

Smith is a legit MLB hitter. All he needs is at bats and not to be playing musical chairs with JD Davis and the like. He should get decent stats if he gets the chance.
I was at the game in Atlanta where he hit 2 home runs vs the Braves. Including one to tie it in the 9th before they lost on a walk-off infield hit by Freeman in the 10th. I also believe the ability is there.

Mets signed lefty reliever Chasen Shreve to a minor league deal.

Mets have announced the rescheduling of the opening week home games postponed due to the lockout.

The three game opening series with Washington has been moved to the end of the season, October 3-5.

The subsequent two game series with Atlanta will be made up via doubleheaders on May 3 and August 6.

Mets have announced the rescheduling of the opening week home games postponed due to the lockout.

The three game opening series with Washington has been moved to the end of the season, October 3-5.

The subsequent two game series with Atlanta will be made up via doubleheaders on May 3 and August 6.
Day/Night DHs or old fashioned DHs?

Also, in the MLB "Top Ten Right Now" series, Alonso was rated #6 at 1B, and McNeil #9 at 2B. That is all that has been announced so far.
Lindor rated #9 SS. Baez did not make top ten. Damn, there are a lot of great shortstops right now!

MLB Pipeline just listed it's Top Ten 3B prospects. Brett Baty #1! Mark Vientos #9. Figure Vientos will either be moved to OF or traded.
Alvarez #3 C. The article said that three catchers made the overall Top 10, so Alvarez is in there. Overall Top 100 to be announced tomorrow.

I wonder what happens with the nyc employee vaccine thing . Not making this political , but it’s a big deal they got to figure out
The whole thing at this point is crazy. Even at my job, all NYC employees need to be Vaxxsd to go into the office but we just had our execs from NC and Tx come in last week and none of them had to be.

The whole thing at this point is crazy. Even at my job, all NYC employees need to be Vaxxsd to go into the office but we just had our execs from NC and Tx come in last week and none of them had to be.
Insanity, how could you not make it political?

Insanity, how could you not make it political?
I’m not a CE guy but this rule is simply stupid. You mean to tell me that people from out of state or out of office will NOT bring in any unwanted objects for a one time visit but someone who’s there everyday for good reason and would care about that place more than those visitors will f*** up that place? It’s asinine.

I still say that DeBlasio is an asshat and Adams is probably looking for a contribution from Cohen/Steinbrenner for this to go away. Hence:

ALL POLITICIANS ARE SCUMBAGS.

• Love
Reactions: RUfinally2008
All that has been announced so far is 1B, 2B, and SS. But yes, yours is a safe assumption.
Would also assume Marte in the top 10 if not top 5 CF.

So- Alonso, Lindor, Max, Jacob, Marte

Who would our neighbors have on the list? Cole and Judge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT