ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bassitt is really good so makes sense we had to give up a top 10 guy. He is already 33 but fits in great after deGrom and Scherzer.

This is Bassitt's last ARB year, so it's a one year rental. Of course Cohen may have something to say about that.

Bassitt looks to be a perfect number 3. Very similar to Stroman.
Niw, we need one of Noah and or Carasco to return to form and the Peterson, McGill, Walker fighting out to round out the rotation.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Bassitt looks to be a perfect number 3. Very similar to Stroman.
Niw, we need one of Noah and or Carasco to return to form and the Peterson, McGill, Walker fighting out to round out the rotation.
Noah?

Clearly, MLB teams "near" and "far" are worried about what Steve Cohen is capable of building here in Flushing. Oh the days of Joan Payson and the Coupons seem far back in my rearview mirror.:WooHoo:
Joan Payson was actually a good owner who wanted to win. After she died in 1975 it was M. Donald Grant and her family that refused to spend and traded away Seaver. Had Payson lived longer its unlikely Seaver gets traded in 1977.

Also love pitching Bassitt right after deGrom and Max. He will be such a change of pace after facing those two. And though I would have liked to retain Stroman, Bassitt may be better. And since Stro left, I have really started to think he may have been clubhouse trouble last year.

Also love pitching Bassitt right after deGrom and Max. He will be such a change of pace after facing those two. And though I would have liked to retain Stroman, Bassitt may be better. And since Stro left, I have really started to think he may have been clubhouse trouble last year.
Agree.

Interesting. I live in Franklin lakes and my neighbor is a realtor. She said Familia bought a house this winter in town, so I assumed he was staying with the Mets
Well, great place for the family. One of the Princeton BB coaches live here too and does it for the family.
surprised I haven’t seen him yet at The Market Basket. All the other sports guys shop there.

KABOOM! Kbee already won this thread.

200.gif
Kaboom, the New Core 4, stick a fork in it officially. How'd that work out for you? Sanchez just the 1st of The New Core 4 to get tossed. Now back to the Mets on the verge of taking back NYC.

Last edited:

Running out of options for LHRP. Chafin, Watson out there. Think they may go for Hader too.

Pete Alonso in a bad car accident. He is ok luckily

He thanked Ford for good engineering. Endorsement deal on deck.

Glad he is OK. When my wife was pregnant with our second child, her vehicle was T-boned by a car that ran a red light, flipping the vehicle over. Our oldest (2 years old) climbed out, and miraculously, she and our second child were not injured.

New York Mets All-Star first baseman Pete Alonso escapes injury in serious car accident

Alonso, 27, said a motorist ran a red light and T-boned his Ford F-250, which flipped three times after impact. Alonso said he ended up upside down in his vehicle and kicked the windshield out to escape.

Braves trade for Oakland 1B Olson. That means that they know Freeman is gone and likely to the Dodgers. At least we won't see him as often.
I am so glad to have our off season and not that other NY team. They are celebrating getting rid of a player. But at least they got a 1 dimensional SS and and old DH.
Before the off season, they spoke of Marte and Freeman…
As long as Olsen doesn’t become Met killer 2.0 I am ok with Braves having him rather than Freddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT