ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no way that the Mets trade deadline deals were going to do anything but disappoint this board. Mets have Alvarez, who everybody would want, and three or four guys behind him that are good prospects but not blowing anybody’s doors off, then they have little that raises anyone’s eyebrows. TheMets are currency poor for trade deadline deals, because the currency is prospects and lots of them.

So they are bargain hunting for platoon match ups, trying for relievers, but everybody wants them, and continuing to try to build their system so that soon enough they will be better able to develop their own talent and better equipped to fill needs at the deadline in any given year.

There was no way that the Mets trade deadline deals were going to do anything but disappoint this board. Mets have Alvarez, who everybody would want, and three or four guys behind him that are good prospects but not blowing anybody’s doors off, then they have little that raises anyone’s eyebrows. TheMets are currency poor for trade deadline deals, because the currency is prospects and lots of them.

So they are bargain hunting for platoon match ups, trying for relievers, but everybody wants them, and continuing to try to build their system so that soon enough they will be better able to develop their own talent and better equipped to fill needs at the deadline in any given year.
Im telling you no one is dealing with Cohen because they don’t want him as owner. That’s why everyone wanted 2-3, Top 5 prospects for a rental while they send others elsewhere for one Luis Sojo Types.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
I have no idea whether that’s true, but I’m pretty darn confident that Boras isn’t accepting a mini-extension for Soto. He’s sprinting to free agency.
And Boras will tell his clients to stay away from the Mets in the offseason no matter what.

He is hitting .216 and strikes out about 1/3 of the time. Not a great ops either. He does have 2 sb so I guess he is faster than Vogelbach.
Im not a huge fan of this trade but you have to give it a little bit of it’s due. Against LHP Ruf has an OPS of 886 and OPS+ of 150. That’s actually elite numbers.

He won’t be facing any righties basically. Strict platoon with Vogelbach.

Would rather have gotten Wilmer back.
1f5j.gif

Right now we are probably behind the Dodgers and Padres as the NL favorites to get to the WS.

The Phils getting Robertson hurts. He was a guy I wanted and thought we could land.
The Phils getting Robertson hurts. He was a guy I wanted and thought we could land.
And only a one for one deal. One minor league pitcher.

Other teams must really be down on The Mets prospect pool (outside of Alvarez, Baty) or The Mets are really hugging their prospects. Even their fringe top 10-15 prospects.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Im telling you no one is dealing with Cohen because they don’t want him as owner. That’s why everyone wanted 2-3, Top 5 prospects for a rental while they send others elsewhere for one Luis Sojo Types.
This nicest thing I can say is that I have no doubt that you believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT