ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Officially not coming to the NJ Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2Kplus20

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 2, 2007
As expected for the past few months, Big Wind goes bye-bye. Trenton got cold feet and Orsted was in deep financial trouble due to increased interest rates:

The whales are safe…the taxpayers are still getting screwed! The spending in Trenton is rife with waste and graft. Let’s do better NJ!

“Macroeconomic factors have changed dramatically over a short period of time, with high inflation, rising interest rates and supply chain bottlenecks impacting our long-term capital investments,” said David Hardy, group executive vice president and CEO Americas for Ørsted. “As a result, we have no choice but to cease development of Ocean Wind 1 and Ocean Wind 2."

spongebob squarepants bullshit GIF

Short period of time for high interest rates, rising inflation and supply chain bottlenecks? 2020 says hello.

She's right. Corporate greed was being rewarded to a foreign entity for what? Orsted's statement quoted above speaks volumes about what they cared about, and their statement is very disingenuous. Follow the money.

follow the money is what I have been screaming about the whole time. There was way too much money being flitted about and laws being changed for the good of a foreign company. The whole project was being rushed and shoved down everyone's throats and you can guarantee the costs were going to be 2 or 3 times what they were telling everyone when it was all said and done and NJ taxpayers would be on the hook for whatever it was, because you know, NJ.

Lots of joy in OCNJ today but I'm sure Murphy isn't going to give up that easily.

follow the money is what I have been screaming about the whole time. There was way too much money being flitted about and laws being changed for the good of a foreign company. The whole project was being rushed and shoved down everyone's throats and you can guarantee the costs were going to be 2 or 3 times what they were telling everyone when it was all said and done and NJ taxpayers would be on the hook for whatever it was, because you know, NJ.

Lots of joy in OCNJ today but I'm sure Murphy isn't going to give up that easily.

It's what they do- they cloak a project in the name of something unassailable- green energy that will save the planet and do that little Greta can sleep peacefully at night, and then bring out their pitchforks and fire to attack anyone who opposes as not caring about the environment. It was really all about greed energy for a foreign corporation.

“Macroeconomic factors have changed dramatically over a short period of time, with high inflation, rising interest rates and supply chain bottlenecks impacting our long-term capital investments,” said David Hardy, group executive vice president and CEO Americas for Ørsted. “As a result, we have no choice but to cease development of Ocean Wind 1 and Ocean Wind 2."

spongebob squarepants bullshit GIF

Short period of time for high interest rates, rising inflation and supply chain bottlenecks? 2020 says hello.
Oh the irony. Bidenomics makes “green” energy development untenable. Lol.

It was being rushed due to Murphy's term expiring in 2 years. Simple as that. NJ taxpayers be damned!

Meanwhile, in VA....

"VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A $9.8 billion project to put up to 176 wind turbines about 27 miles off the Virginia Beach coast — the largest offshore wind farm to date in the U.S. — received federal approval Tuesday.

The Department of the Interior gave its formal blessing to Dominion Energy’s 2.6 gigawatt Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind commercial project...."

Now how am I gonna charge my Murphy required EV? At least we are paying Taylor Swift.

Meanwhile, in VA....

"VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A $9.8 billion project to put up to 176 wind turbines about 27 miles off the Virginia Beach coast — the largest offshore wind farm to date in the U.S. — received federal approval Tuesday.

The Department of the Interior gave its formal blessing to Dominion Energy’s 2.6 gigawatt Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind commercial project...."
A little different, Dominion is headquartered in Richmond. Much easier to get a deal going when the key players are in-state.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Meanwhile, in VA....

84jig5.jpg

Because the project was going to run from LBI down to Cape May and eventually beyond
So. Sitting on the beach you wouldn't see a thing. Listen I'm glad that it fell through as it was a stupid idea but people thinking it was going to ruin their view from the beach is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT