ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Officially not coming to the NJ Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony of conservatives claiming to fight for whales and against corporate greed...
Pay attention, and watch the video. One moment is spent on "the whales," and yes, elected representatives are supposed to look out for their constituents, the taxpayers. Most of this is about the ratepayer advocate who advised against welfare for a multi-billion company. Kind of ironic how libs were deep in bed with the big bad evil foreign corporation on this one? See how that works? Keep spitting out your one-sided talking points.

Yes. OC has computer renderings by a 3rd party that Orsted couldn't refute. These farms were only 13 miles offshore. You are citing a different project in the article (which is 30 miles further offshore). Apples and oranges.
Agreed you would absolutely see these things especially at the 13-20 mile distance proposed for the site off of Seaside. These windmills are over 1100 ft tall with a blade sweep of 725 ft. It's the equivalent of an 90 story building. Can you see the lower NYC skyline from Carteret? It's the same thing.

This is great news. After construction, the net effect on carbon emissions would have been a wash. We're saving the ocean floor as well.

AND........I'm sure they didn't factor in any costs for repairing these structures, replacing blades, disposal of damaged/obsolete towers & blades, etc.

Now stop the BS skyscrapers planned for LBI !

What's that about?

Agreed you would absolutely see these things especially at the 13-20 mile distance proposed for the site off of Seaside. These windmills are over 1100 ft tall with a blade sweep of 725 ft. It's the equivalent of an 90 story building. Can you see the lower NYC skyline from Carteret? It's the same thing.

Truly awful. Beaches are just as important as national parks. Gotta protect the view and marine environment.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
So. Sitting on the beach you wouldn't see a thing. Listen I'm glad that it fell through as it was a stupid idea but people thinking it was going to ruin their view from the beach is silly.

the eyesore wasn't my main concern. It was all about the unknown impacts to the environment and the huge increase in electric rates that would eventually happen, not to mention what happens with these things when their useful life is finished? It was being rushed and pushed way too much which to me always means someone is getting paid

It was just a bad deal from the start. It would have been Zanadu on water, with NJ taxpayers footing the bill on cost overruns for higher energy costs.
That was the excuse for killing a new tunnel. The need is still there.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
follow the money is what I have been screaming about the whole time. There was way too much money being flitted about and laws being changed for the good of a foreign company. The whole project was being rushed and shoved down everyone's throats and you can guarantee the costs were going to be 2 or 3 times what they were telling everyone when it was all said and done and NJ taxpayers would be on the hook for whatever it was, because you know, NJ.

Lots of joy in OCNJ today but I'm sure Murphy isn't going to give up that easily.

Let's not forget the $1B taxpayer cleanup after 5 years of saltwater exposure to the now abandoned equipment.

Pay attention, and watch the video. One moment is spent on "the whales," and yes, elected representatives are supposed to look out for their constituents, the taxpayers. Most of this is about the ratepayer advocate who advised against welfare for a multi-billion company. Kind of ironic how libs were deep in bed with the big bad evil foreign corporation on this one? See how that works? Keep spitting out your one-sided talking points.

The Green religion trumps working with evil corporations.

Common sense to tough issues. Unfortunately a good portion of our government has sold out to foreign interests. We have got to get corporate money out of our political system. The nation depends on it.
Oh the irony. Thanks to the GOP, right wing activist judges and citizens united, giving unlimited and undisclosed money to politicians is free speech and an inalienable right. Job well done. But it's Democrats who are destroying America.

While fighting FOR green energy. What are conservatives fighting for?
The beach. The marine environment. The whales.
:)

Seriously, these projects are stupid. By the time most of them are up and running, the technology will be long outdated. There are better solutions for green energy (and most of them I FULLY support).

Seriously, these projects are stupid. By the time most of them are up and running, the technology will be long outdated. There are better solutions for green energy (and most of them I FULLY support).

Might I suggest a nice nuclear power plant?

Reactions: motorb54 and angmo
Reactions: NotInRHouse

They're fighting for whales. What other wild animals and environments do they care about? Old growth forests? Endangered species? The Gulf of Mexico, which is full of oil rugs? Are they Sierra Club and EPA supporters now?

They're fighting for whales. What other wild animals and environments do they care about? Old growth forests? Endangered species? The Gulf of Mexico, which is full of oil rugs? Are they Sierra Club and EPA supporters now?
Whales are very important for the marine ecosystem. Gotta protect them and our beaches.

NJ Dems =

test.gif

Bad news for the whale lovers. Even without any windmill activities, whales continue to die. How can this be???

Don't you have more shots to take at Cole Snyder? It's not about whale-loving. Pay attention.

Reactions: RUScrew85
As expected for the past few months, Big Wind goes bye-bye. Trenton got cold feet and Orsted was in deep financial trouble due to increased interest rates:

Just to clarify, this is one company backing out of one contract, among many. Not the end of wind at the Jersey shore. While higher interest rates and other industry headwinds have made major projects like harder, so there is now some industrywide doubt, this is by no means the end.

Also, the wind projects have nothing to do with whales, lobsters, or anything else. The level of disturbance they have done pales in comparison to the latticework of cables and intense marine traffic in this area. I know it's been rebutted again and again, and it won't make a difference to the spreaders of misinformation. But it still needed to be said.

Whales have a lot of political power and influence. Something tells me a few of our politicians suddenly ended up with a whole bunch of tuna...

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Just to clarify, this is one company backing out of one contract, among many. Not the end of wind at the Jersey shore. While higher interest rates and other industry headwinds have made major projects like harder, so there is now some industrywide doubt, this is by no means the end.

Also, the wind projects have nothing to do with whales, lobsters, or anything else. The level of disturbance they have done pales in comparison to the latticework of cables and intense marine traffic in this area. I know it's been rebutted again and again, and it won't make a difference to the spreaders of misinformation. But it still needed to be said.
NJ offshore wind may not be dead, but any projects close enough to see from the beach are DEAD. Trenton heard from the people and got scared. Pols care more about their reelection than they do about clean energy.

Reactions: newell138
No worries Nuke plant gonna get built to make up for no Wind Farms. I'm sure you nitwits will enjoy that. Can you say ground zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT