ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Significant (CNJ) to Major (Along/N of 78) Winter Storm Likely on Tuesday (2/12-13; much less uncertainty on outcome)

Snow stopped in Hillsborough. heading to the Hillsborough Deli to hear the milfs compare inches....that's in subs.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
Where about? The NWS had you guys as no snow until yesterday afternoon, but had to up the Philly metro to at least a few inches based on the south shift in the storm and many models showing 6" or more for the Philly area. Sometimes they're going to just miss. Looks like you should be getting good snow now no?
It snowed some, but never had a chance to pile up. It's actually sunny now. For this storm a good "consensus" was 2". As a matter of fact Accuweather still says we are getting 2". We got nothing, zilch, nada.

Logan Twp (Swedesboro). It's a running joke around here. Maybe it has something to do with our location near the Delaware river and bay? Similar to Cape May but to a lesser extent. It just always ends up being 2-3 warmer than forecasted.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
With the exception of less than an inch on part of the deck, I have no snow now anywhere on the property.

Yeaaaa me.
Grass has snow.

Asphalt driveway and concrete walkway slushy mix. Same for the pavers in the back.

TimberTech deck and porches have more snow, less slush.

Still snowing though.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Got a lot brighter out in East Windsor. It seems to be done snowing. Looks like Hamilton got 2” at best. It didn’t really stick either from what I’ve seen. They kept upping the totals but the original 1-3” seemed to be the right one.

An inch or so of wet slush here in South Wall…not enough for the wife to drag out the cross country skis, thank goodness

Reactions: Knight Shift
Took a look at one in Wall. They did not have an area to do deadlifts with free weights. Not a serious gym.
It’s pretty tiny too.

My sister in law’s Planet Fitness in the Hamptons is much bigger.

But again, not so great. It’s fine for “fitness” and just staying in shape but that’s about it.

Nope...it's a Toro. I used the electric cord start this season instead of pulling the cord. Started right up lol
I have a Toro that's probably residential, but sold through a real farm equipment supplier (not a box store), and it's a warhorse. But I drain the fuel each year and to avoid problems with the carburetor needle valve clogging, etc. Very happy with it. Have a Craftsman rotottiller that has to be 25 years old, treat it the same way you treat your snowblower, always starts right up. Go figure. Think they both have Briggs and Stratton engines.

It’s pretty tiny too.

My sister in law’s Planet Fitness in the Hamptons is much bigger.

But again, not so great. It’s fine for “fitness” and just staying in shape but that’s about it.
I'm training to win the 80 plus age group powerlifting championship. The lack of deadlift space was a non-starter. Thought the massage chairs and other questionable equipment was a lame waste of space.

cant wear tanks and no dumbells greater than 75 if that might be 55
No benches either.

As I said above, it’s fine for when I visit (the one in the Hamptons) but I’d never join.

Maybe when I hit my 60s. But the one near me and @Knight Shift is just way too small. And lacks the basics. But the price is great.

Snow stopped around noon here in Wayne and is already starting to settle. Temperature has shot up to 34° and is rising.

We had about 9 3/4 inches; took a pic around 12:15 and you can see the snow is condensing. Gonna be a bitch to clear the driveway.

gZb2u0L.jpeg

No benches either.

As I said above, it’s fine for when I visit (the one in the Hamptons) but I’d never join.

Maybe when I hit my 60s. But the one near me and @Knight Shift is just way too small. And lacks the basics. But the price is great.
Check out Wings fitness on Ocean Rd/35. Not the greatest, but good for the older crowd. You could walk there.

I have a Toro that's probably residential, but sold through a real farm equipment supplier (not a box store), and it's a warhorse. But I drain the fuel each year and to avoid problems with the carburetor needle valve clogging, etc. Very happy with it. Have a Craftsman rotottiller that has to be 25 years old, treat it the same way you treat your snowblower, always starts right up. Go figure. Think they both have Briggs and Stratton engines.
That’s where I got mine, not a regular store.

Some place in Leonardo on 36. It’s lasted a long time.

Check out Wings fitness on Ocean Rd/35. Not the greatest, but good for the older crowd. You could walk there.
For now I’ll stick with Jersey Strong.

Good morning crowd and the “view” ain’t too shabby either. If you guys know what I mean.😎

As of 11:30 am, it's 33F and snowing moderately with 5.4" OTG, so only 0.4" the last hour, as rates just haven't been great, missing out on the best bands for the last 3 hours; we had 4.0" at 8:30 am, so only 1.5" the last 3 hours while the good bands were giving people 1-2" per hour (we got 1.75"/hr before 8:30 am). Oh well. One last band to go through in the next 30 min or so and if we're lucky we'll get to 6", but not sure, although as I'm typing this the snow has gone to almost heavy for the first time in hours, so maybe.
As of about 12:15 the snow ended and that last good 45 min band got us to 6.0" as per my lousy pic below, using the yardstick I grew up with, lol. Also added a nice pic of the kids sledding across the street and some pretty snow covered trees.

Not quite the 7.2" I predicted, due to probably missing out on 1.5-2.0" from being in that heinous subsidence hell hole for 3 hours, lol. But Woo-hoo! since my expectations several days ago, when things were trending warm/wet for 95, was maybe an inch or two of slop...although there was certainly some hope for a 10-12" event in the past day or two if things worked out perfectly, but not a surprise that that didn't happen, which is why my prediction was for a more realistic 7.2".

This brings the season total up to a respectable 13.3", still well below where we should be (about 18" through this point in the winter), but way better than last winter's 5.2" here. And there are some more snow chances over the next few weeks.

And this storm is one more data point showing that snow will easily accumulate on all untreated surfaces at 33-34F, as long as there is moderate to high intensity, even after a warm/rainy day. Curious to see what my ratios were (in progress). Guessing pretty low early in the storm with some sleet and pretty wet snow, but probably >10:1 once the snow started falling heavily around sunrise and especially by mid-morning as the snow was fairly fluffy with nice dendrites, but I'll only be able to get one aggregate number.

AaNdH5q.png

yxfqMjU.png

I’d say about 6.5” here in southern Hunterdon. Wet, heavy, slushy. Great packing “snowball” snow. Melting quickly in the sun. The dogs are having a blast in it.

As of about 12:10

AaNdH5q.png
Are you giving us "the finger" in that picture? 😜

Didn't pan out here in South Wall. Sun is out, and all the snow on driveway melted. Not much on grass either, can see blades pocking through the snow.

Can the "bust" be explained? There was a high degree of confidence we would see 2-4", maybe 3-5" here. Not disappointed, just curious.

Suns out in Philadelphia. You wouldn't even know it snowed in Northern Liberties. Sidewalks and streets dry. Like it never even happened.

• Wow
Reactions: newell138
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT