ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stub hub prices for MSG

Greene Rice FIG

Hall of Famer
Dec 30, 2005
Monday 8:30AM
semis 4 tickets 200 level Upper Center $290 (318 in inventory)
finals 4 tickets 200 level Upper Center $181 (301 in inventory)

Monday 9AM
semis 4 tickets 200 level Upper Center $269 (319 in inventory)
finals 4 tickets 200 level Upper Center $179 (303 in inventory)

I guess with who is left in the East, Wisconsin may have the strongest fan base in NYC. Overall though, no Duke or Nova probably hurts the secondary market some for sure.

I am going to guess on Thursday these 6 sections for 4 tickets will be $175 for Friday and $105 for Sunday.

I think there is a big takeaway to this. The NYC metro sportsfan just isn't in to college basketball.

Sunday April 2nd same 4 tickets same section
Daytime NY Knicks $122.50
Nighttime NY Rangers $163.61

Those are meaningless games in the regular season, not a trip to the Final 4

I am going to guess on Thursday these 6 sections for 4 tickets will be $175 for Friday and $105 for Sunday.

I think there is a big takeaway to this. The NYC metro sportsfan just isn't in to college basketball.
The Round of 64 & 32 did very well at the Barclay Center last season. Excellent crowds all weekend. I imagine the Sweet 16s/Elite 8s at the Meadowlands did well too when they were scheduled there regularly.

then why are prices so high even without Duke and Villanova ?

1218pm update
fri $253.98 327
sun $148.50 328

change from 830AM
friday (37.22) drop and 9 ticket increase in inventory
sunday (32.50) drop and 27 ticket increase in inventory

these are 4 tickets in upper center 200s. (3 middle sections each side)

Sunday update..same section..4 tickets

Sunday march 26th Elite 8 $148 per ticket
Sunday april 2nd NYK vs Bos $122.50 per ticket
Sunday April 2 NYR vs Flyers $163.61 per ticket

This is NOT a college sports area.

240PM update
$244.95 (minus $9 in past 2 hours) 297 in inventory (minus 30 tix in past 2 hours)
$144.50 (minus $4 in past 2 hours) 334 in inventory (plus 6 tix in past 2 hours)

I am a buyer looking for Sunday.

It's 3pm and NY metro is still not a college sports area, right Greene? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I more or less agree with you, btw....without any local team, or CBB royalty, representation, broad based fan appeal and interest isn't quite where you might expect it to be.

It's 3pm and NY metro is still not a college sports area, right Greene? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I more or less agree with you, btw....without any local team, or CBB royalty, representation, broad based fan appeal and interest isn't quite where you might expect it to be.

I am looking to buy and waiting for prices to stop going down. Going to try and find the bottom. Sort of like #s with snow find watching the secondary market interesting. Maybe i am alone here.

Reactions: RUnTeX

prices still falling, both are down $7 since last report. I think Friday is going to level out, but Sunday is in trouble.

Attendance for Rutgers,Seton Hall and St.Johns certainly doesn't fill their arenas .MSG is a arena that requires high profile teams to attract big crowds.The old Big East had many teams that brought their fan bases which made the Garden a exciting place to be for a tournament.

Pro sports always has been the focus of sports fans in the NYC area, but you can't come to that conclusion simply based on the price of the tix at MSG this weekend. You're not going to find a bigger hotbed for college hoops than Memphis and look at the prices there... and the South Region is loaded with bluebloods.

Friday... https://www.stubhub.com/ncaa-tourna...=false&qtyq=false&qtyddab=true&sort=price+asc

Sunday...
https://www.stubhub.com/ncaa-tourna...=false&qtyq=false&qtyddab=true&sort=price+asc

Tuesday 11:45AM
Friday $273 with 181 in inventory
Sunday $114.50 with 326 in inventory

Friday has been creeping higher and inventory is going. Sunday's price probably doesn't go much lower in the next few days. This is probably the time to buy.

Looking at 4 regions...upper mid court for 4

East $273
South $153 memphis (UNC, UK, and UCLA!)
west $193 San Jose (has Gonzaga, but no UCLA)
midwest $373 Kansas City (Pur, Kansas and Michigan)

I just got off the path. At 33rd St. walking to 48th and eighth. Wisconsin fans are everywhere.

Strange, I figured this would sell out in no time. Especially with the NCAA wrestling tournament selling out all three days last year. MSG already told the NCAA they would love to have another tourney and many of the fans had a great experience and would welcome the trip back. College basketball is hundreds of times more popular than wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT