ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Official 2021 Return Of The Brood X Cicada Discussion Thread

They kill the bugs to make ice cream?
Seems cruel and disgusting.
I guess they kill animals for food so why would I think this is any different.
Bugs are animals too afte rall.

If anything eating bugs, rather then mammals, should be considered less cruel and disgusting.

In the US we are just not accustomed to it.

They are migrating further into Hillsborough...

incredible UFO soundings in the trees in Belle Mead today.

in Princeton they are diving into cars

They are migrating further into Hillsborough...

incredible UFO soundings in the trees in Belle Mead today.

in Princeton they are diving into cars
They're showing up in South Brunswick also.

While I didn't get to have cicada ice cream in Princeton, one of living ones really wanted me to taste cicada and dive bombed me and hit in the mouth. Mouth was closed, so it failed in its mission.

I still have yet to hear or see a cicada this year. Nothing in Hamilton NJ

Cicada App?
I'm rushing a new Cicada Gaming Chair into manufacturing. It includes the faux leather (aka leatherette) covered chair, a BB gun w/laser sight mount, and a mount for a camera sensor that counts hits and misses while measuring distances, and a laptop mount. And of course, I'll sell the BB guns, laser sights and camera sensors to be mounted on the chair.

The game app will be available on Xbox, PS, and PC. Set the chair up at your favorite Cicada infestation site, hook everything up, get online via wireless, and compete with your friends to see who can nail the most cicadas at the greatest distances. Great fun will be had by all, except, perhaps, the Cicadas.

Last edited:
The little buggers gummed up the auxiliary engine on the WH Press plane while waiting to take off for the summit in Europe. To be on the safe side they had to wait 7 hours while another plane was brought in.

• Haha
Reactions: rurichdog
The little buggers gummed up the auxiliary engine on the WH Press plane while waiting to take off for the summit in Europe. To be on the safe side they had to wait 7 hours while another plane was brought in.

Those must be Republican cicadas. The Dem cicadas are busy infesting the various Trump properties, and gumming up the works there. Even the cicadas are getting caught up in the ridiculous partisanship sweeping the nation. 🙂

Reactions: knightfan7
Those must be Republican cicadas. The Dem cicadas are busy infesting the various Trump properties, and gumming up the works there. Even the cicadas are getting caught up in the ridiculous partisanship sweeping the nation. 🙂
Ha…

I’m working in Pennsburg PA today and holy $hit they are everywhere. I walk 20’ from my work van they are flying into me and landing on me. They are annoying and loud. Hopefully they stay away from where I live b

I’m working in Pennsburg PA today and holy $hit they are everywhere. I walk 20’ from my work van they are flying into me and landing on me. They are annoying and loud. Hopefully they stay away from where I live b
They’ve waited 17 years for this booty call…you’d be pretty excited too! 😎

When is this expected to be over? Tried to bike the Delaware starting up in Milford a week ago and it was absolutely insane how many were around..

Anyone know what this little guy is? Looks like part frog/part cicada lol. He landed on me and I think I hurt it when I jumped up. My google lens isn't working to try and identify. I showed 4 people and they said it's hideous and to let my dog eat it. Sickos!
u25X9zk.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know what this little guy is? Looks like part frog/part cicada lol. He landed on me and I think I hurt it when I jumped up. My google lens isn't working to try and identify. I showed 4 people and they said it's hideous and to let my dog eat it. Sickos!
u25X9zk.jpg
Pretty bugs these little cicadas…

u25X9zk.jpg
Cheeky little bugger. I’d have told him to stop eyeballing me.

• Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
u25X9zk.jpg
That's an annual cicada. They emerge every year around this time.

Reactions: Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT