ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UPDATE: "We are retightening the restriction on indoor gatherings"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then they have to make the choice of going out and earning money or staying home. Life is about choices but to have everyone under these nonsensical are arbitrary rules is more harmful than the virus itself.
So what you originally said was people over 65 or immunocompromised people need to quarantine while nobody else does. What you now said is those people need to choose whether they want to quarantine or be homeless/poor if they depend on an income from a job where they interact with people under 65.

So in reality, your first statement wasn’t what you actually meant. You simply do not value the lives and/or livelihoods of people over 65.

I’m a far way from being in that age range and it’s still clear how messed up that is. Being older or ill should not be a death sentence and that is discriminatory.

Reactions: Greg2020
“But Murphy scaled back indoor limits to 25 people Monday, with exceptions for weddings, funerals and religious and political events.”

Why have exceptions if the decision is based on science? Murphy again picking the winners, but mostly the losers in the current environment.

Following in Cuomo’s footsteps.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/03/83-percent-of-nyc-restaurants-bars-unable-to-pay-full-rent-survey/
Because Murphy's top advisor told him to do so!

giphy.gif

So what you originally said was people over 65 or immunocompromised people need to quarantine while nobody else does. What you now said is those people need to choose whether they want to quarantine or be homeless/poor if they depend on an income from a job where they interact with people under 65.

So in reality, your first statement wasn’t what you actually meant. You simply do not value the lives and/or livelihoods of people over 65.

I’m a far way from being in that age range and it’s still clear how messed up that is. Being older or ill should not be a death sentence and that is discriminatory.
It can be at a Hackensack Staples.

Reactions: Knight Shift
great job Governor. As shown by many on this board, there are many selfish people that can't do the right thing. Thus, we need these restrictions. Hopefully people will listen this time.
what about the tens of thousands who protest together? Are they selfish too? Good thing the governor put restrictions on those events instead of taking part in them.....

Reactions: Mr Magoo

You know what is sad for me ? Just seeing some 80 year man or women driving in their car looking terrified while wearing a mask and gloves... it is heartbreaking since we all at one time have known an elderly person who we cared about....at some point this fragility has become more manifested .... a time in life where they should be looking to smell the roses and bask in the sunlight their final years may be only those of fear and uncertainty... when I went today for the covid19 test it sort of hit me...the sad reality of the world and what it has become ... it is not a happy place by no means.

Reactions: RUTGERZ_R00LZ
The guys still has over a 60% approval rating, unless that is an old survey. I was way onboard with flattening the curve. It made sense to me to have a ventilator available for those that needed one, give someone a fighting chance if they were one of the unlucky ones. Don't overwhelm the medical professionals.

Now we've shifted to life will never be normal again unless the virus goes away (not likely), we build herd immunity without a vaccine (will take 7 years at this rate), or the vaccine is rolled out and we are forced to get it. Option 3 sounds the most likely and that timeline puts us to April 2021 as a best case scenario.

Indoor dining, movies, gyms all next spring. No in person school all of next school year.

Why don't I ever get called to participate in these approval rating surveys?
Exactly my feelings. When we were flattening the curve like Murphy told us, I obeyed rigorously and thought it was the responsible thing to do. But now the curve has been flattened yet he keeps on imposing more restrictions. The tiniest bump up and we hear the data supports increased restrictions. Are we in the he's now trying to eradicate the virus phase?

It can be at a Hackensack Staples.
Do you think it should be a death sentence at a Hackensack Staples? If no, then it sounds like you’d agree that it shouldn’t be a death sentence in this case. If yes, then you must agree with the actions of the attacker at Staples.

Of course they do, but if he’s looking to reduce risk from large house parties, why make people having weddings or funerals suffer?

If he’s trying to reduce risk of spreading he should ban funerals and weddings like he did in the spring.

Reactions: beaced
Do you think it should be a death sentence at a Hackensack Staples? If no, then it sounds like you’d agree that it shouldn’t be a death sentence in this case. If yes, then you must agree with the actions of the attacker at Staples.
Must and should are two different words.

My Mom and Dad are 87 and 90, respectively. They are taking it super safe and do the social distancing thing very well. But they also have a great support system in their family (my siblings and I along with 8 very helpful grandkids). Not everyone has that.

Those that don’t do have to venture out and deal with all the risks (including the non-COVID19 ones) associated with getting older in today’s World.

I don’t think anyone MUST quarantine or be forced to do so. But some probably SHOULD strongly consider it for themselves.

Reactions: RU205 and GORU2014
It is said that life is short,but Murphy has succeeded in proving that chestnut to be a fallacy.This 2 weeks really feels as if it were 20.

Must and should are two different words.

My Mom and Dad are 87 and 90, respectively. They are taking it super safe and do the social distancing thing very well. But they also have a great support system in their family (my siblings and I along with 8 very helpful grandkids). Not everyone has that.

Those that don’t do have to venture out and deal with all the risks (including the non-COVID19 ones) associated with getting older in today’s World.

I don’t think anyone MUST quarantine or be forced to do so. But some probably SHOULD strongly consider it for themselves.
I disagree with the overall viewpoint and think it’s a more complex issue but that was fair and well reasoned. A rarity for these threads!

Reactions: NotInRHouse
If you ban funerals, nobody will die. Problem solved.

Oh they’ll still die. Their bodies will just be piled up, unfortunately l, like in March April and May.

im not saying he should ban funerals. I’m saying he should ban everything or nothing

I disagree with the overall viewpoint and think it’s a more complex issue but that was fair and well reasoned. A rarity for these threads!
I think we should be a little more open by now and those that feel uncomfortable should be extra careful....which can mean many different things for different people.

Sure.. his buddy's 500-person wedding is over. Why not?

Murphy has to do his part to keep the pain level high until election day.. justify mail-in ballots, ballot harvesting and cheating by Dems

Yet as has been shown the only verified mail in/harvesting fraud in '18 was by Republicans in NC

It's so cute you and others keep ignoring that fact. Guess it never made it into the talking points.

Reactions: Kbee3 and Greg2020
Funerals and weddings weren’t essential in March, April and May but are now?

If things get bad enough again, those gatherings will be shut down too. This really isn’t difficult to understand. The worse the spread, the tighter the restrictions.

Yet as has been shown the only verified mail in/harvesting fraud in '18 was by Republicans in NC

It's so cute you and others keep ignoring that fact. Guess it never made it into the talking points.
Untrue

If he’s banning house parties because “virus spreads easily in indoor groups”..shouldn’t he ban weddings and funerals because “virus spreads easily in indoor groups”?

It’s not about virus spread anymore, unfortunately.

Reactions: motorb54
I think we should be a little more open by now and those that feel uncomfortable should be extra careful....which can mean many different things for different people.

But many people who would take advantage spread to others. In NJ Rutgers football, Lifeguards in a couple towns, and the HS graduation in Sea Girt are recent examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT