Pre Season MAAC Predictions - Jay Young's Fairfield Stags

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
MAAC Conference came out with their coaches poll....and is as follows:

- Iona ranked #1 - whatta shock...:)

- Monmouth ranked #4

- Jay Young's Fairfield Stags ranked last at #11....ugh......Hopefully, Jay develops the kids; recruits well etc and exceeds expectations......

For those interested, Fairfield plays at Monmouth on 3/4/20 and I'm sure plays at St Peters and Rider as well.

MAAC Tourney is in Atlantic City this year - however plays games on same dates as B1G 10 Tourney.....

Hoping to get to a game on campus as my daughter is a senior there. Last Saturday was Family day and the men's team had an open practice with Jay mik'd up. Would have been entertaining but the wife and daughter had other plans for the day

Reactions: RUonBrain
Never understood why they haven't won much there.

Has a lot of things going for it none the least of which is location.

Hopefully Jay Young is the guy to get it turned around.

Never understood why they haven't won much there.

Has a lot of things going for it none the least of which is location.

Hopefully Jay Young is the guy to get it turned around.

Good school, beautiful campus. Since my daughter started they have opened up a rec center for students, a new building for nursing, a new building for business, a new dorm, new dining hall, and new campus townhouses. They just announced plans to renovate Alumni Hall where the on campus home games are played. Seniors live off campus on the beach. Academic ratings on the rise. I think in basketball they just don't have the tradition of an Iona, Hopefully Jay can recruit his style of player and turn the Stags into a top tier MAAC program.

Isiah Washington, the dude who threw the ball at Montez’ head last year in Minnesota transferred to Iona. Seems like a perfect fit. And he’ll make the dance 2 of every 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT