ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers TE Matt Flanagan going to Pitt as grad transfer.

So that explains the Cincinnati hangover and not winning the Big East then. It was really a hangover?
The Flu apparently. The only team I knew you could see at the bar the night before games was the baseball team.
Yep. It was either the flu or a stomach virus which went through the team, mainly the offense. That's why our OL couldn't block a stiff breeze.

Does he drink before the game?

Perfect GPA while playing football and the kid will be a doctor or scientist when he's done. He can do whatever the f he wants

I know nothing about Flanagan but just because he had a perfect GPA and could be on his way to becoming a Doctor doesn't mean he couldn't have partied too much as a D1 athlete or was a cancer to the team.

He gets a free pass just because he's smart? Also if he was out partying all the time that means at least some of his teammates were too.

Partying as in drinking? Winners don't. Losers do. He was a cancer. I'll leave it at that.

Good game plan by Cincinnati too. 3 times they just tackled WRs who beat the CBs. Take the 15 over the TD.

This is exactly what won the game for Cincy...Brilliant way to take advantage of college rules. Rutgers could have easily been up pretty big early in this game.

Reactions: gef21
I know nothing about Flanagan but just because he had a perfect GPA and could be on his way to becoming a Doctor doesn't mean he couldn't have partied too much as a D1 athlete or was a cancer to the team.

He gets a free pass just because he's smart? Also if he was out partying all the time that means at least some of his teammates were too.
If he was a cancer why was he the face of the program in many of the videos? He was front and center in the hum video? He was featured in the make noise video? No coach would reward a cancer with prime face time in videos.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
If he was a cancer why was he the face of the program in many of the videos? He was front and center in the hum video? He was featured in the make noise video? No coach would reward a cancer with prime face time in videos.

I never said he was a cancer. I said I know nothing about him. Skoolie seems pretty plugged in though.

I said just because he gets good grades doesn't mean he CAN'T be a cancer.

And I'll say the same thing here. Just because he's in a Hum video or a Make noise video (which is recorded well before the season) doesn't mean he can't be a Cancer during the season.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
I never said he was a cancer. I said I know nothing about him. Skoolie seems pretty plugged in though.

I said just because he gets good grades doesn't mean he CAN'T be a cancer.

And I'll say the same thing here. Just because he's in a Hum video or a Make noise video (which is recorded well before the season) doesn't mean he can't be a Cancer during the season.
We agree. I don't know if he was a cancer or not a cancer. Just don't understand why someone (not you) would try to tarnish someones reputation on a message board. All we know about Flanagan is that he is a smart kid that put in time in the class room and on the playing field and has decided to move on. So he went to parties after games who cares we all did at one point or another.

Last edited:
It looks like Matt Flanagan will be a very good addition at Pitt according to Pat Narduzzi.

"Matt Flanagan has been tremendous", Pat Narduzzi said Tuesday. "I think you guys will be impressed when you see No. 88 get a chance to step out there and do some things. I've been impressed with what he has done".

On the field, Pitt needed to fill the void left by Orndoff who was the 2nd leading receiver in 2016. Chris Clark (TE transfer from UCLA) is the obvious candidate, but Flanagan (6'6"-260) will have an opportunity to compete with Clark at TE as well as possibility some looks as a fullback/H-back in the role George Aston made famous last season (Aston broke his leg in camp and has opened the opportunity for Flanagan).

Interesting to see what Matt will accomplish under Pitt's offense and OC this year.

Narduzzi is not one for praising players.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

It looks like Matt Flanagan will be a very good addition at Pitt according to Pat Narduzzi.

"Matt Flanagan has been tremendous", Pat Narduzzi said Tuesday. "I think you guys will be impressed when you see No. 88 get a chance to step out there and do some things. I've been impressed with what he has done".

On the field, Pitt needed to fill the void left by Orndoff who was the 2nd leading receiver in 2016. Chris Clark (TE transfer from UCLA) is the obvious candidate, but Flanagan (6'6"-260) will have an opportunity to compete with Clark at TE as well as possibility some looks as a fullback/H-back in the role George Aston made famous last season (Aston broke his leg in camp and has opened the opportunity for Flanagan).

Interesting to see what Matt will accomplish under Pitt's offense and OC this year.

Narduzzi is not one for praising players.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Good for Matt but IMO of course your coach will say all that about a guy that came from Rutgers, one of the 'area' schools you often recruit against. IMO it's part gamesmanship.

Joe P.

Reactions: PaKnight
Partying as in drinking? Winners don't. Losers do. He was a cancer. I'll leave it at that.
Just a stupid statement. Leave the kid alone. He was not a problem at all and I know first hand.
He is a super bright kid that saw a chance to play at a better program right now.
Thats it

Well I suspect many Rutgers fans will be watching the Pitt-Penn State game this year so you can watch #88 and judge for yourself.

Would be ironic if he caught/ran the ball to win that game.

I still expect Pitt to score 35 ppg avg this year.

Defense is young and somewhat inexperienced so that will be problematic.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Athletes on every campus partake in partying. It is part of the college lifestyle. The kid maintained a near perfect 4.0 GPA and was accepted into one of the more prestigious post grad science programs in the country.

Having lived in NYC for some 15 years I have seen my fair share of professional athletes in bars, clubs etc.. Would you call Derek Jeter a cancer? There were many times in the late 90's I saw him in small upper east side bars after a game shitfaced at 3AM on a game night with a day game on schedule.
The die hard yankee fan in me is dying to know more about this.....?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT