ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Three wrestlers receive NCAA At-Large Bids

Lex Knapp

All Conference
Staff
Mar 27, 2018
Awesome news! I couldn't have expected anything more than that and I'm mildly surprised all 3 got bids. Good luck to our Scarlet Knights in Minneapolis!!

125:CHOP: 133 :CHOP: 157 :CHOP: 184 :CHOP: 197 :CHOP:

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Rutgers already had two wrestlers heading to the NCAA tournament in Minneapolis, Minnesota in two weeks. Now there will be three more wrestlers competing at the US Bank Arena, totaling for 5 NCAA qualifiers for Rutgers wrestling.

Find out which three wrestlers will be joining Sammy Alvarez and Billy Janzer at the big dance. Click the link below!
https://rutgers.rivals.com/news/three-wrestlers-earn-at-large-bids-five-total-now-in-ncaa-tournament

Definitely great news!

Is Pagano healthy enough to wrestle?

Definitely great news!

Is Pagano healthy enough to wrestle?
Don't see how you can wrestle with a broken hand. Happy for MVB he really turned it up the last month and really him and Alvarez were the only bright spots in a downtrodden B1G tournament.

Reactions: Richie O
Don't see how you can wrestle with a broken hand. Happy for MVB he really turned it up the last month and really him and Alvarez were the only bright spots in a downtrodden B1G tournament.

Has that been confirmed?

Edit: I just saw this at the bottom of Lex's article: "Sources say Pagano will be healthy in time for the NCAA tournament."

Reactions: rondi and Richie O
Has that been confirmed?

Edit: I just saw this at the bottom of Lex's article: "Sources say Pagano will be healthy in time for the NCAA tournament."
Then initial reports were wrong. If it's not broken, then what is it a strain or bruised?

Then initial reports were wrong. If it's not broken, then what is it a strain or bruised?
I was told by a team source Pagano is expected to be healthy enough to compete by the NCAA tournament. A lot of speculation as far as to what the injury is, but it has not been disclosed.

Reactions: koleszar
It is not our business to know someone’s personal medical information and if we did so will the opposition. Respect Jordan. He has given so much to the program, deserves his privacy, and every chance to win. It is up to him to decide if the fans have a right to know.

It is not our business to know someone’s personal medical information and if we did so will the opposition. Respect Jordan. He has given so much to the program, deserves his privacy, and every chance to win. It is up to him to decide if the fans have a right to know.
So you're saying I disrespected Jordan because I asked a simple question? Wasn't my intention but if you say so.

So, Is Jordan going to add another wrap to his body?
I think there might have been one spot that was open.
Props to him for giving up his body for the love of the sport and his team.
Another NJ Warrior!

I was told by a team source Pagano is expected to be healthy enough to compete by the NCAA tournament. A lot of speculation as far as to what the injury is, but it has not been disclosed.

Smart move not to wrestle if not totally healthy. Was a lock to make NCAA’s and coming off wins against #10 and #3. No upside only risk. Conversely, a healthier Shakur helped himself out by wrestling and, to an extent, helped Jordan out too. Now that loss looks a lot better.

Jahi Jones from Maryland also got at large bid. 157 is cluster after top 3-4 so anything possible

Aguilar gets #16 seed....Horrible draw...gets S. Lee if he wins first match

Alex Mackell #12 seed
B. Paetzall #7 Seed

Generally there are no good draws
Disagree. Aguilar gets Lee again in the second round. Alvarez gets Travis P. from Illinois in the second round. They couldn’t separate BIG ten guys? VanBrill and Janzer got what they deserved. Pagano gets Laird first round. That’s bs.

Terrible draws, generally speaking.
As to be expected.. we didn’t have any highly ranked wrestlers... if we are to get any AA this year it will have to be done On the backside of the bracket... unless Sammy or Janzer can make a Cinderella run into the semis..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT