ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight: Temple at South Florida, ESPN 7:30pm

USF should win handily. Our OL, LBs and Safeties flat out suck right now. Too much youth in too many key spots. Russo, my guess is going to seek a transfer. The new OC does not favor pro style passers. Too bad because I was hoping Frank Nutile or AR would have a chance to lead the team this year. For those that do tune in, a kid named Todd Centeio may play under center tonite. We pulled him out of FL. Miami came after him hard. He has the chance of becoming PJ's successor. The kid that currently qb's the team is Logan Marchi. He's done an admirable job, but he's not the type of qb that is going to lead us to 9 or 10 win seasons.

We have some fans who insist we redshirt this kid that may play tonite. My attitude is nonsense. Let him play. If he's as good as the critics say he is, then let him go and get his game experience. May not help us this season, but it could for the next 3. We stepped it up with the OOCs home and homes beginning next year. I want the person under center who gives us the best chance to win and keep momentum pumping.

Really sucks about Russo and Nutile. Hate it when coaches leave because kids they recruited are now in a lurch especially if their abilities don't fit in with the incoming staff. Probably open up a can of worms by doing this, but I think the NCAA should give kids a transfer waiver under conditions like these.

We have some fans who insist we redshirt this kid that may play tonite. My attitude is nonsense. Let him play. If he's as good as the critics say he is, then let him go and get his game experience. May not help us this season, but it could for the next 3. We stepped it up with the OOCs home and homes beginning next year. I want the person under center who gives us the best chance to win and keep momentum pumping.

Really sucks about Russo and Nutile. Hate it when coaches leave because kids they recruited are now in a lurch especially if their abilities don't fit in with the incoming staff. Probably open up a can of worms by doing this, but I think the NCAA should give kids a transfer waiver under conditions like these.

Good posts in this thread. I agree that when coaching staff leaves there should be transfer waivers. However, if the coach leaves voluntarily (i.e., not fired), players should not be permitted to go to same school coach does, and if indeed the coach leaves voluntarily, there should be a 60 or 90 day waiting period before waivers would be granted (to give the school a chance to hire a new staff and that staff a chance to get settled)

Holy EMPTY stadium!! This team is 3-0 and #20 in the AP poll and there MIGHT be 5,000 people in the stands right now. I mean I get there was a hurricane and all but aren't students back on campus now?

Reactions: rurichdog
We lost to a MAC team but we think that we can thumb our nose at anyone? South Florida is a top 25 team and fun to watch.

They also committed ridiculous 16 of a whopping 32 penalties accepted last week in a game against Illinois. They're a very easy team to talk smack about and, honestly, who gives a shit that we lost 2 weeks ago to a MAC team (when shooting the shit on a message board)? Move on Madchuck, move on!

Reactions: RURM85
That is an embarrassingly tiny crowd. I got to think the Hurricane affected the turnout. The AAC commish has to be concerned.

I think Mike Gibson does a great job with TFF (and it's still early in the season) but I butted heads with him over the summer when he was raving about 'great' your new staff was and how your program is now an 'established winner' and I was saying, 'your new staff hasn't coached a game yet and just like Rutgers/Schiano, the casual fan and many HS coaches/ recruits didn't see 'Temple' as the winners, they saw *Rhule* as the winner.' I also said you don't lose a bunch of starting LBs and a 4-year starter at QB and not take a step back, regardless of how awesome you think your QB recruits are. Personally I like Russo too and hope he does well (and he's only a RS-Frosh) but I wasn't completely sold that he was 'surefire/ can't miss'. Definitely think he has the potential to be good/ very good, but when he couldn't beat out Nutile (who was fairly pedestrian at Bosco IMO) it raised my eyebrows a bit.

Joe P.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeR0102
Holy EMPTY stadium!! This team is 3-0 and #20 in the AP poll and there MIGHT be 5,000 people in the stands right now. I mean I get there was a hurricane and all but aren't students back on campus now?
Some things are more important than a dumb football game after a natural disaster ravages a significant portion of the state. Perhaps students are helping with recovery efforts, or taking care of issues at home.

Some things are more important than a dumb football game after a natural disaster ravages a significant portion of the state. Perhaps students are helping with recovery efforts, or taking care of issues at home.

I spent my holidays and summers in Clearwater/Clearwater Beach growing up, lived in Tampa, and have friends and relatives - LOTS of them - in both Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties, so I don't need a lecture but thanks anyway! That being said IIRC there were just as many, if not more fans in the stands last Friday night, for USF's home game vs Illinois.

South Florida was never an attendance powerhouse. But ask yourself this: Would our attendance be awesome if it was Tulane, East Carolina and SMU on the slate instead of Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State?

At least Temple's 15 minutes are fresh in the mind ...

South Florida was never an attendance powerhouse. But ask yourself this: Would our attendance be awesome if it was Tulane, East Carolina and SMU on the slate instead of Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State?

At least Temple's 15 minutes are fresh in the mind ...

Yeah , but this a very big AAC conference game. If RU was playing Cinn in a league game 7 years ago on a Thur night, it would be a very big crowd.

What's up with Russo? I had such high hopes for him when he was our star commit? You gotta figure he's better than the two guys we've seen so far. I know he's drop back, but it isn't like the other two guys have shown anything with their feet.

Yeah , but this a very big AAC conference game. If RU was playing Cinn in a league game 7 years ago on a Thur night, it would be a very big crowd.

BE had more 'juice' than the AAC, and the P5/G5 split has become even more pronounced than the BCS-AQ/non-AQ split.

Joe P.

Reactions: RURM85
BE had more 'juice' than the AAC, and the P5/G5 split has become even more pronounced than the BCS-AQ/non-AQ split.

Joe P.

Definitely. Plus the Big East was on the right side of the split at the time. Not sure there would have been that much interest in Houston vs Tulsa on a Thursday Night 5 years ago.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT