ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Thread - Portal Now Open (Chol, Simpson, Wolf, Mag, Cliff, Griffiths)

This kid really started to blossom last year under Johnson. While I should not be surprised about anyone transferring, he seemed to be in a pretty good situation with a team that had some nice pieces.
I think a few of their top guys jumped ship. They had big aspirations for next season, but the portal hurt them too

Arrinten is a stud. Played against Ace last year in the championship

Last edited:
I remember we recruited this kid in Cliff's class, consensus top 100.
What happened? Played in 21 total games in 4 yrs.

Was being investigated for a bogus sexual assault charge…ended up not even being person of interest after a while but when the investigation popped up Iowa State threw him to the wolves

I remember we recruited this kid in Cliff's class, consensus top 100.
What happened? Played in 21 total games in 4 yrs.

Not sure if any of this resulted in the lack of playing time, especially at SMU, but: As knOwledge mentioned, he was the target in a sexual assault case that allegedly occurred at a party in 2020 but never charged…Case moved slowly and was limited due to the victim’s decisions in the case.. Foster was later cleared..

He had surgery in Jan 2021 for a lingering right foot problem and pain that he’d had since high school. An earlier surgery on the foot in high school apparently didn’t fix the problem.. He was kicked off the Iowa State team in Oct 2021 for history of disciplinary problems that included multiple lateness issues, not just the sexual assault issue, and the family attorney later stated that he was involved in “unfinished business” (legal) with Iowa State.. Didn’t participate in practices at start of 2021-2022 season which ISU coach stated was due to undisclosed medical and health issues that he couldn’t talk about. Father apparently heavily involved in Xavier’s basketball decisions.

Last edited:
I think Pike and Knight probably scouted intramurals and posted Help Wanted signs all over campus. Job requirement: somebody tall who can dribble a basketball without accidentally kicking it out of bounds.

The last two starting RU centers didn’t meet that second requirement.

Zed Key in the portal. Would fit in nicely here, IMO. Looks like he might land at Wisconsin, however.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
A target should be Payne from Minnesota. Youngster schooled Cliff in our game against them. Smooth and a defender. Plus he has 2 years left. HIs game would fit perfectly with Ace and Dylan.

There's a good chance that Ian Martinez, who came to Maryland via the portal a few years ago, may be returning to Maryland this season via the portal.

1) LOL at NCAA basketball anymore.
2) It seems impossible that he has been at so many schools.
3) Has this ever happened before?

ETA: I guess #2 isn't such a valid point, given that he gets an extra Covid year. He's been at Utah ST, Maryland (2 seasons), Utah, and another school this year...

Reactions: runrutgersrun
I got a feeling that Bradshaw and Wagner might want to transfer to the the same school.

\

Seeing its alot of portal activity today. Im noticing something.. All these high profile -- successful programs, are bringing in kids who score AND rebound. Its baffling to me - how Rutgers suddenly decided that's not important anymore.. "Just get kids who can shoot." I'm really disappointed

Last edited:
Seeing its alot of portal activity today. Im noticing something.. All these high profile -- successful programs, are bringing in kids who score AND rebound. Its baffling to me - how Rutgers suddenly decided that's not important anymore.. "Just get kids who can shoot." I'm really disappointed
Huh? There are 3 more open spots. The additions so far have been great (scorer and a stretch 4). They need a rim protector and another shooter. Let’s see how Pike completes the roster. Unfortunately they don’t have unlimited NIL.

What are you saying? Rutgers doesn’t prioritize rebounding?
They brought in a guy who doesn't rebound - to be the starting 4. For a team that loss Cliff, and is starting two 18 yr olds next yr.. You don't think a 4, who can rebound is a good idea?

Huh? There are 3 more open spots. The additions so far have been great (scorer and a stretch 4). They need a rim protector and another shooter. Let’s see how Pike completes the roster. Unfortunately they don’t have unlimited NIL.
The Scorer played a bunch of iso ball, for a terrible program. When he doesn't have the ball, he does a bunch of standing around.. Waiting for his turn to go one on one. I guess the play -- is iso ball again next yr?

Whats wrong with targeting combo guards, who play on or off ball. Guys who naturally move the basketball, and move without it. Active defenders. Nick Boyd from FAU is out there, and he does all of that. But im guessing a winning program will target him

The Scorer played a bunch of iso ball, for a terrible program. When he doesn't have the ball, he does a bunch of standing around.. Waiting for his turn to go one on one. I guess the play -- is iso ball again next yr?

Whats wrong with targeting combo guards, who play on or off ball. Guys who naturally move the basketball, and move without it. Active defenders. Nick Boyd from FAU is out there, and he does all of that. But im guessing a winning program will target him
Troll or SHU fan?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83
They brought in a guy who doesn't rebound - to be the starting 4. For a team that loss Cliff, and is starting two 18 yr olds next yr.. You don't think a 4, who can rebound is a good idea?
The 5 they bring in will ideally be a strong rebounder. If Ace is playing the 3 he should be a dominate rebounder at the position with his height length and athleticism. Williams and Harper are big guards that rebound

Reactions: runrutgersrun
I’m 100% cool with Cliff going to ucla as we likely play them at msg.
Earlier rumor was that Kentucky was interested. With Cal going to Arkansas I just assumed that Cliff would end up there considering their large NIL fund.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

Reactions: Eagleton96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT