ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for WI @ RU: Simply Gorgeous - Cool Morning (~50F at 7 am) Warming into the 70s With Full Sunshine

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
This pattern, with high pressure being in control for most of the week, is just about a lock for a nice day for the WI game, but it's 7 days out so it's probably prudent to wait a day or two before going that far. At this point, it looks like morning lows in the mid/upper 40s, quickly warming up into the low/mid 70s by early afternoon with mostly sunny and dry conditions and comfortable humidity.

.LONG TERM /TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY/...
The region looks to be influenced by surface high pressure
through the duration of the long term. Surface high pressure
centered to our west Tuesday night will gradually move eastward
with time. Meanwhile, another bubble of high pressure centered
over the Great Lakes region Wednesday night/Thursday slowly
slides south/southeastwards with time for reinforcement.
Ultimately, surface high pressure continues to influence the
region while looking to be centered in the vicinity of the Ohio
River Valley for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

With surface high pressure in control, we are looking at a dry
forecast through the long term. Though some shortwave energy
could propagate through Tuesday night/Wednesday, some increase
in cloud cover will likely be all that occurs. Dry air advection
and prevailing NW flow will continue through much of the term.
It will certainly feel like autumn with low humidity and
temperatures forecast to be around average to slightly below
average.

Last edited:
Reactions: MCRU93
There are some models that have highs approaching 80 for Saturday

What a freakin gorgeous gameday we have coming up

Going to be a spectacular day for tailgating and football. Morning lows will be in the low 50s and with full sunshine, temps will top out in the mid-70s during the game with very comfortable humidity levels (I'll need sunscreen for this one).

Reactions: RUPete and thegock
Going to be a spectacular day for tailgating and football. Morning lows will be in the low 50s and with full sunshine, temps will top out in the mid-70s during the game with very comfortable humidity levels (I'll need sunscreen for this one).
yeah for the peeps in the stadium sun who havent had much sun this year i would say put on your sunscreen

I burn, then I burn some more, then I burn on top of that, despite being outside for a few hours per day for 5-6 days a week just about every week. Just lucky I guess, lol.
1) I'm getting my tan back tomorrow

2) you know you can edit the thread title, right? I haven't seen any rain in the forecast all week long, no? Not the end of the world just curious if you knew that lol!

1) I'm getting my tan back tomorrow

2) you know you can edit the thread title, right? I haven't seen any rain in the forecast all week long, no? Not the end of the world just curious if you knew that lol!
Once the forecast is locked up I usually change the thread title, but forgot this one time, so maybe you should see if you can get your money back, lol. Was a little preoccupied with an extremely impactful hurricane...

Also the very early peak at next weeks game vs UCLA its look that after a very cool week it will moderate to the upper 60s with blue skies and sunshine

Yom Kippur being on gameday sucks. I would think it should be easy for RU to avoid scheduling a home game during that very somber holiday, given our very high % of Jewish students. But it often doesn't work out that way. TV doesn't care.
Rutgers could ask the league to accommodate. The giants ask the NFL and are sometimes accommodated

Well at least we had great weather and a great tailgate. This is just a putrid effort in every aspect of the game including the coaching. Worst game in 2 years.... or maybe our best comeback ever?

Last edited:
Reactions: fsg2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT