ADVERTISEMENT

Will Schiano be a candidate for the many open head coach positions?

UMRU

All Conference
Sep 19, 2006
Lot's of jobs opening up. Will the, at least perceived, success of this year make Greg a serious candidate?

From Greg's perspective, he is the lowest paid in the B1G ($4M) and 50th overall for salary in the FBS. Also, his buyout is fairly low ($13).

Lot's of jobs opening up. Will the, at least perceived, success of this year make Greg a serious candidate?

From Greg's perspective, he is the lowest paid in the B1G ($4M) and 50th overall for salary in the FBS. Also, his buyout is fairly low ($13).
That is one big pile of sarcasm there!!

troll dancing GIF

Yes
He’ll have multiple options

Bama, Georgia & Clemson have already contacted him

There’s also a good chance he’ll end up at Michigan if Harbaraugh leaves

Maybe even the Jets if Sala gets fired
Pshh the Jet's are about to get Jet'd again! Robert Kraft is currently negotiating the buyout for Bill Belichick just so he can scoop up Schiano. He wants to avoid a bidding war with Jerry Jones who's prepared to step down as Cowboys GM to hand that role over to Schiano.

Pshh the Jet's are about to get Jet'd again! Robert Kraft is currently negotiating the buyout for Bill Belichick just so he can scoop up Schiano. He wants to avoid a bidding war with Jerry Jones who's prepared to step down as Cowboys GM to hand that role over to Schiano.
As a 40 year long suffering Jets fan, nothing would surprise me with them!

Been quiet on the Michigan,harbaugh, sign stealing, pedo, cyber crime conversations lately. Anything new going on there?

Reactions: fsg2
Till Greg prove himself in the Big Ten with 7-8 wins for two seasons then he will not be sought after by bigger programs. Just like recruits, other schools see his deficiencies in getting the offense going and he might have a reputation for recruiting in NJ but I don’t know if it translate to another part of the country just like Ash couldn’t recruit. Schiano proved himself in the Big East with 8-9 wins season. Now he needs to prove himself again with 7-8 win seasons in the Big Ten.

He will either turn Rutgers around or he will leave Rutgers to a big time program as DC like Alabama or Michigan.

Till Greg prove himself in the Big Ten with 7-8 wins for two seasons then he will not be sought after by bigger programs. Just like recruits, other schools see his deficiencies in getting the offense going and he might have a reputation for recruiting in NJ but I don’t know if it translate to another part of the country just like Ash couldn’t recruit. Schiano proved himself in the Big East with 8-9 wins season. Now he needs to prove himself again with 7-8 win seasons in the Big Ten.

He will either turn Rutgers around or he will leave Rutgers to a big time program as DC like Alabama or Michigan.
He either turns it around at Rutgers or he sails away into retirement. He is not going the DC or underling route again. This will be his last stop. He’s made enough money that he doesn’t have to work again. He has mentioned it in conversation that he needed to go to OSU to rehab his persona but he hated his time working under someone else.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Yes
He’ll have multiple options

Bama, Georgia & Clemson have already contacted him

There’s also a good chance he’ll end up at Michigan if Harbaraugh leaves

Maybe even the Jets if Sala gets fired
Perhaps he can coach more than one team?

Perhaps he can coach more than one team?
I was thinking maybe the player-coach option we used to see in baseball back in the day

Or maybe he goes the USFL route after signing day to give himself a brief reprieve from recruiting & NIL stress before returning for the spring game

Reactions: Purple-Ed

Has nothing to do with any of that he's retiring from RU. This is his last job according to those that know him. I only wonder if that would change if he's trying to get his don a better job.

I don't think he'll ever get us to 7-8 wins. Not with USC,UCLA,OREGON,WASHINGTON coming to the B10. He can't compete with their money

Not going anywhere. He has said as much and wants to succeed here again.

Doubt the BIG will schedule us as a punching bag for the 4 westies, OSU, UM, PSU, Iowa, Wisky. Or would they?

As a 40 year long suffering Jets fan, nothing would surprise me with them!
If it makes you feel any better, as a long suffering Orioles fan I just recently found out in my mid 30's that it really can get better... I have no animosity towards the jets (besides Bart Scott who might be the biggest moron on television) and hope they get better, their fan's have suffered enough

If it makes you feel any better, as a long suffering Orioles fan I just recently found out in my mid 30's that it really can get better... I have no animosity towards the jets (besides Bart Scott who might be the biggest moron on television) and hope they get better, their fan's have suffered enough
That’s why we’re fans
Never give up hope

not gonna lie, I don't know how as a Jet's fan you're able to follow this season after the Rogers injury. I can't remember a more deflating moment for a fanbase
I’m almost numb to things w the Mets and jets at this stage

Professional sports are great bc of the pure athleticism but they’re essentially well paid mercenaries with no ties to anyone or anything

Rutgers & FSU I’m all in

Sorry but 6-6 coaches in year 4 are not a hot commodity no matter where they are at. That kind of performance will get you fired at most places. You saw the revolt at Tennessee by donors and fans. Can you imagine fans reaction if they tried to hire a coach with a 18-28 record at his current job?

Frankly, when contract negotiations begin for extending Schiano, it would be nice to see our AD holding firm and playing some hard ball. If Schiano tries to get more money by arguing that he is the least paid coach in the B1G, I don't see why there would be a need to pay more. Let him try and get that same money somewhere else. I don't see it happening. I would be completely fine with moving on at that point to someone else and paying more. Of course, that's not always a recipe for success but neither is continuing on our current path.

Frankly, when contract negotiations begin for extending Schiano, it would be nice to see our AD holding firm and playing some hard ball. If Schiano tries to get more money by arguing that he is the least paid coach in the B1G, I don't see why there would be a need to pay more. Let him try and get that same money somewhere else. I don't see it happening. I would be completely fine with moving on at that point to someone else and paying more. Of course, that's not always a recipe for success but neither is continuing on our current path.
Not the right way to negotiate.

Reactions: rutgersal
100%

he's overpaid and no one is paying him elite money

Reactions: King of S
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT