ADVERTISEMENT

Will Schiano be a candidate for the many open head coach positions?

Huh? He's a multi-millionaire. Why are you so concerned thst he gets more if there's no danger of him leaving? You're spending other people's money freely.
Everyone wants to be properly compensated. Do you compare your salary to the kids working at fast food and say you are overpaid or do you pick someone in your field doing similar job as you?

Everyone wants to be properly compensated. Do you compare your salary to the kids working at fast food and say you are overpaid or do you pick someone in your field doing similar job as you?
Let him worry about compensation. Why do YOU care?

One has nothing to do with the other. I’m not advocating for a big raise. Just enough so he is not the lowest. School money can’t be used for NIL.
Agree to disagree one has nothing to do with the other as both rely on donations and revenue from the same people.

I will however approve a $1,000 raise for schiano’s efforts in making the bowl game which bypasses Purdue’s Ryan Walters salary and will achieve your request in making Greg no longer the lowest paid coach in the big 10

• Haha
Reactions: jtung230
He’s not exactly dominating the NJ recruiting scene as well
careful, that blows up a narrative for a few of the guys here that think they have a clue or are tied in

I keep saying, his 2.0 is no where near the excitement, energy, or panache as 1.0

None of this matters.

Greg Schiano will get his extension and increase because he deserves it. Ticket Sales are going to be up. Donations will be up. Next year, Rutgers Media Payout will be $80M - $100M, with the new teams coming onboard. There will be enough money to pay Schiano on par with his peers. Football is being built into a Cash Cow and will be turning a profit next year and the only reason Rutgers AD will have a deficit is that other sports are loss leaders and do not generate revenue.
Al I would have thought you would have realized by now that by you predicting something you are all but assuring the opposite to happen.. after all last year at this time you were jumping up and down about how Dylan Braithwaite was the next Marvin Harrison Jr🤣

Reactions: PSU_Nut
In a perfect world where no rules are broken, nothing. In the 2023 reality of college athletics, everything. People are fooling themselves if they don’t think boosters are directly funding NIL rather than athletic departments under complete direction of the athletic departments themselves. The $1 million raise would have to come from donations to the the athletic department as there’s no profit to pull if from. At the same time we could direct our boosters to donate that $1 mil to NIL and improve our roster.

The $1M would come from the increased media payout, thx to USC, UCLA etc joining.
Our payout is going from roughly $70M this year to $80M to $100M next year. Furthermore, season tickets were 16,585 the year before he joined. They were 20,873 this year. And will probably see an increase next year, along with donations. The incremental revenue alone is at least 1.3M from season tickets, not to mention that concessions and donations saw a nice bump.

In our case, Coaches provide direction for the limited booster NIL funds, which is not a lot. Not the Athletic Department.

Al I would have thought you would have realized by now that by you predicting something you are all but assuring the opposite to happen.. after all last year at this time you were jumping up and down about how Dylan Braithwaite was the next Marvin Harrison Jr🤣
The increase in season tickets this year justifies his increase.

Agree to disagree one has nothing to do with the other as both rely on donations and revenue from the same people.

I will however approve a $1,000 raise for schiano’s efforts in making the bowl game which bypasses Purdue’s Ryan Walters salary and will achieve your request in making Greg no longer the lowest paid coach in the big 10
That would be so Rutgers. Totally embarrassing for all parties to celebrate an achievement.

I guess I can say the same to you.
Because I don't want to see my university athletic department, which already bleeds red ink, bleed more of it unnecessarily or shackle its own hands when it comes to possible future head coaches. Coaches are easier to find than P5 HC jobs.

• Love
Reactions: RUTGERS95
Because I don't want to see my university athletic department, which already bleeds red ink, bleed more of it unnecessarily or shackle its own hands when it comes to possible future head coaches. Coaches are easier to find than P5 HC jobs.
We didn’t do a good job finding a good coach last time. Maybe not as easy as you think. Just think about all that money flushed to Ash. We are not the only ones finding it difficult to hire the right coach. Look at all the vacancies.

Reactions: FlorhamPark
We didn’t do a good job finding a good coach last time. Maybe not as easy as you think. Just think about all that money flushed to Ash. We are not the only ones finding it difficult to hire the right coach. Look at all the vacancies.
Yes it's never easy. So don't make it harder by over-committing. The mistake we and so many pther programs make is taking DCs and OCs from 1A programs and making them HC even though they don't have HC experience. The option that often works better is taking a successful HC from lower down and promoting. Look at our men's basketball coach.

Yes it's never easy. So don't make it harder by over-committing. The mistake we and so many pther programs make is taking DCs and OCs from 1A programs and making them HC even though they don't have HC experience. The option that often works better is taking a successful HC from lower down and promoting. Look at our men's basketball coach.
Syracuse says hello

I've yet to hear a lucid argument for why Greg would be considered for any other p5 gig. I'll listen but no one can give a good side to this

Reactions: PSU_Nut
I've yet to hear a lucid argument for why Greg would be considered for any other p5 gig. I'll listen but no one can give a good side to this
This might be a reason ( not saying it is a good one)
Before the season started ESPN said this about Rutgers:

College football's 2023 flops: The 10 worst Power Five teams next season per ESPN's FPI
>What we think: This 2023 schedule, even by Big Ten standards, resembles a horror movie. Rutgers travels to Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State and Iowa and hosts Ohio State. That's at least four potential top-20 teams who hold a sizable talent advantage over the Scarlet Knights. The first three weeks of the season, Rutgers hosts Northwestern, Temple and Virginia Tech. If the Scarlet Knights can figure out the quarterback situation, those are all winnable at least.<
https://247sports.com/longformartic...next-season-per-espns-fpi--210008820/#2166500

This might be a reason ( not saying it is a good one)
Before the season started ESPN said this about Rutgers:

College football's 2023 flops: The 10 worst Power Five teams next season per ESPN's FPI
>What we think: This 2023 schedule, even by Big Ten standards, resembles a horror movie. Rutgers travels to Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State and Iowa and hosts Ohio State. That's at least four potential top-20 teams who hold a sizable talent advantage over the Scarlet Knights. The first three weeks of the season, Rutgers hosts Northwestern, Temple and Virginia Tech. If the Scarlet Knights can figure out the quarterback situation, those are all winnable at least.<
https://247sports.com/longformartic...next-season-per-espns-fpi--210008820/#2166500
Wait stop- I am sure we have a number of experts on this board calling our schedule the easiest ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT