ADVERTISEMENT

Wimsatt gets too much blame

fair enough

for the record, and amazing that people don't get this with changing polls and the like, each week the team is reevaluated based on performance.
I"ll also add, we should have won more last year if not for the horrendous job by Greg and crew

we have some players, we're not devoid of talent like so many here want to believe
And for the record, I was hoping/expecting Wimsatts passing to get better by the end of the season, even pulling out an upset or 2. Kind of the way Alabamas QB got better and better and then he won them a big game with his arm. But I can't really compare because Alabama has 5 star playmakers all over the field. But yeah, I would have liked to see more improvement as well, let's see what the off-season has in store..

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I agree with you on that cause we watched the games and saw how they unfolded. We're a small passionate subset of the entire fanbase. The casual fan looks at the score and sees ass kicking

I really only think of md, iowa, and psu as true blowouts
I will also say this about Iowa- if we had played earlier in the season- it may have had a different outcome. And even in this game- I think they still would have beaten us but those refs took away any chance we would have had very early. After that- their crowd was as big of a factor as their players. But, it still felt like we just never had a chance.

I will also say this about Iowa- if we had played earlier in the season- it may have had a different outcome. And even in this game- I think they still would have beaten us but those refs took away any chance we would have had very early. After that- their crowd was as big of a factor as their players. But, it still felt like we just never had a chance.
I think it all comes down to the fact that our qb doesn't complete more than half his throws. we had opportunities we didn't capitalize on at all. terrible job all around but none moreso than the coaches.

we knew they were selling out the run, why didn't the coaches? if Gav can't make simple throw, then coaches need to make changes.

I think Greg dies on the Gav hill to be honest

Iowa took a knee at the 2 yard line to end the game. They chose not to beat us by 4 TD's. I wish they scored so no one (staff/fans) could play the woulda/coulda/shoulda game.

I knew we wouldn't stop Maryland's passing offense. We don't attack on defense. I had zero expectation against PSU and their attacking defense.

The complete no show against Iowa stung.

Our conservative game made the Michigan game look closer than it was. We are Michigan's Temple.

I understood the post to mean, realistically, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin and Maryland were not teams the current roster can handle. Some seem to think Rutgers would have won 3 or 4 more games with Simon at Qb. This is not realistic, Rutgers is never that type of team. NEVER, Rutgers is actually a laughing stock, a team mentioned as an easy win on a big ten contenders schedule. The way some posters speak about wimsatt with such vitriol despite the team winning more games than it has in ten years is interesting. People are emotional and pissed. It seems like too much, I saw the games Simon started last year. Left much to be desired, but if you read this board you'd think the staff was playing wimsatt over Tom Brady and Rutgers would be a top ten team in the big ten championship with him at Qb. It's time to bring people back to reality. Let's see what happens next year hopefully the team can take another step and be that 8-10 win team next year. Schedule is easier..
Your "legend" is secure.

Of course, we could have won a couple more games. We watched the games. But none of us know if Simon's accuracy could have made a difference... we haven't seen enough of him and that is Schiano's fault. He had many chances to get Simon snaps.. in games we had under control.. when Wimsatt got hurt.. when games were out of control... we had many chances to see what Simon might do... and the coaches decided we shouldn't see that.

And speculation now that makes our starter look bad is on Schiano and company. Because people will speculate. That's a given.

Definitely could have beaten both of those teams. As we all saw when they lined up, I actually think the team could have beaten Michigan and Ohio State as well. But Rutgers didn't have the play makers or the type of quarterback to see that through this year. Again, you may think that with Evan Simon Rutgers wins those games. Idk but there is also the chance that you don't win the games that you did win. This is the struggle with decision making.

Apparently Wimsatt and a offense based on delayed hand offs was the safe bet this season. Its nice to think about beating those teams but what makes you think Wimsatt's back up would turn Rutgers into a better offense? I'm assuming the coaches want to win games as well. I guess this crowd won't give any credit for wimsatts threat of running making it easier for the rbs and his mobility making it easier to avoid sacks. But hey, maybe the ol has improved enough for everything to be the same with Simon at Qb, the coaches did not want to take that chance I guess.

I see now, lol it's because the team played so well this year and played the elite teams tough, you all want more. Patience is a virtue, you may think you can make faster money but learn to appreciate the gains you've already made before you lose the assets you already have chasing rainbows..
I just assume the coaches know more than we the fans do. I go to the games and watch them on TV. I cheer when they make good plays and jeer when they screw up. The coaches on the other hand are with these guys 12 hours a day everyday, during practice, watching film, weight training, game planning etc.
I assume coaches Schiano, Ciarocca and all the other coaches want to win games too. I assume the players want to win games also. It goes without question we the fans want to win. Maybe I assume too much!

Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT