ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 season discussion thread

141 going to be a tough weight with Yanni and micic coming in in addition to Rivera lee and eierman. Wilson moving up though

Reactions: Leonard23
I can’t believe Micic is still wrestling in college. He enrolled at Northwestern in the fall of 2015. This will be the 8th season he’s on a roster/redshirt.

I can’t believe Micic is still wrestling in college. He enrolled at Northwestern in the fall of 2015. This will be the 8th season he’s on a roster/redshirt.
Micic as a High School Senior in 2014 beat Nick Lee(who was a HS freshman) in the semi finals of the Indiana State Tournament. Nick Lee is a Senior in his last year at Penn State and Micic is in his last year of College....Lol Micic turns 26 a couple weeks after the NCAA tournament.

It would be his 7th season, if he started in 2015.

Anybody able to post a list of the higher profile matches to expect on Sunday?
A quick look...
Cleveland State-think only ranked guy is Smith at around 25th at 197. They have some hard nosed kids, but not ranked(I did not look at every weight to check, just memory lol)
Binghamton-this has some good match-ups
125-Roes is tuff,
141-Ryan Anderson(was a top recruit, signed with Iowa St, but could not get in and went to Centenarry). I think Seabass handles him, but Anderson fun to watch
184-Deprez-this is an NCAA quarterfinal rematch. This is the match of the day!
HWT-Doyle is ranked 28th via Intermat, so this should give us an idea where Boone might fit in.

A quick look...
Cleveland State-think only ranked guy is Smith at around 25th at 197. They have some hard nosed kids, but not ranked(I did not look at every weight to check, just memory lol)
125-Roes is tuff,
141-Ryan Anderson(was a top recruit, signed with Iowa St, but could not get in and went to Centenarry). I think Seabass handles him, but Anderson fun to watch
HWT-Doyle is ranked 28th via Intermat, so this should give us an idea where Boone might fit in.
Cleveland State has at 184 DeAndre Nassar, FLO has him listed in their top 33

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
A quick look...
125-Roes is tuff,
That’s an exceptional primer! Much appreciated!

Cleveland St
125 Heil has win over Shawver in high school
149 Robinson was NCAA qualifier
157 Patten is solid could be a match
165 Smucker really good on top
184 Nassar NCAA qualifier
197 Smith NCAA qualifier has losses to Bulsak but are competitive matches

Binghamton
125 Roes NCAA qualifier
141 Anderson was #1 in high school
165 Cassella is athletic kid beat Silverstein Rider last year
174 Nolan was Ncaa qualifier
184 Deprez was 8th last year
Hwt Doyle was NCAA qualifier

Binghamton
125 Roes NCAA qualifier
141 Anderson was #1 in high school
165 Cassella is athletic kid beat Silverstein Rider last year
174 Nolan was Ncaa qualifier
184 Deprez was 8th last year
Hwt Doyle was NCAA qualifier
I wanted to see JoJo vs Anderson, oh well

Any more updates from East Stroudsburg?
Olivieri - champ at 133
Collucci - champ at HWT

Weaver lost his first match 7-4 and lost his consolation 7-6

Estevez lost by TF in first match. And the. won his first consolation. Odonnel lost his first match 3-1. They both then wrestled each other in consolation and Odonnell won by tech. Odonnell then got pinned.

Britton will wrestle for 5th at 133.

White will wrestle for 3rd at 149

Looks like our Heavyweight's are going to be fine.
Boone and Esposito looked like beast.

Olivieri - champ at 133
Collucci - champ at HWT

Weaver lost his first match 7-4 and lost his consolation 7-6

Estevez lost by TF in first match. And the. won his first consolation. Odonnel lost his first match 3-1. They both then wrestled each other in consolation and Odonnell won by tech. Odonnell then got pinned.

Britton will wrestle for 5th at 133.

White will wrestle for 3rd at 149
Britton placed 4th

Both Glory and Stefanik missed weight tonight. That’s embarrassing to have two guys have to forfeit in your opening dual.
Do you really think Glory cared to even try hard enough to make weight after Lee ducked him? Iowa is a clown show not having Lee wrestle.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Do you really think Glory cared to even try hard enough to make weight after Lee ducked him? Iowa is a clown show not having Lee wrestle.
Lee was never wrestling, everyone knew that. He wasn’t even listed as probable. Why travel all the way to Iowa and not bring another 125er if you have no intention of wrestling? Seems incredibly stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: njsportsphan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT