ADVERTISEMENT

7 big ten games …7 double digit first half deficits ….ain’t going anywhere until that’s fixed

I see the same stuff that isn't documented by reality... Cliff and Mag are the only B1G players?? LMAO

I think I watched the same games we all do and Mag is a very good defensive player.....he needs to be able to be a player you can throw the ball to on the wing OR in the post and get a basket or a shot attempt from 3. He's not there yet, so while we appear to want to make players better than reality, we can slow down a bit.

On the other hand, fans (who are in this thread) continue to ignore improving players or players who no longer fit their narrative. As much as it kills them to say it, Hyatt is clearly RUs most consistent shooters in this season.

One player scored 12 yesterday and another one scored 2.....only on a RU fan board would some fans call a teams leading scorer and solid 3 point shooter a 7th man.

When you play better teams and need a basket, that actually means something when teams scout RU..... no opponent starts by saying "we have to stop Mag from getting touches in the paint and from 3".

The least fans could do is be realistic about what they watch. I get it, some fans aren't really interested in revamping a roster on the fly to improve things beyond this year.....and Illinois and Purdue twice, with Ohio State and Michigan State on the road, skews the view a bit.

How do you stop falling behind in the 1st 8 minutes of a game?? How about throwing the ball to Mag and asking him to go get a bucket against Terrance Shannon or letting him post up against Malik Hall of MSU or later this year vs Wahl of Wisconsin twice or Michigan's front line twice, or Julian Reese at Maryland.

Since Cliff is now playing at his normal level and Hyatt is pretty much going to give you 11 to 14 points, we actually need the other "B1G", player to step forward and play and score, defend and rebound to the levels that fans have announced or expected.

Do I actually think that's reality....?? No and I have no actual expectations that is the case, so the fact is there are no threads killing Mag.....because we all see the same things and no one watching RU on a consistent basis, expects that.

To be an all B1G player as bac and others keep parroting, there should be as many threads on Mag with 2 points as there were when Cliff doesn't play well. Wonder why that is?? We can't look at things solely on defense and a couple of rebounds......this isn't the A-10 or Ivy League.

So to sum up your point it’s all Mag’s fault that we’re struggling and nobody else’s.

LMFAO.

That's what doesn't make sense about Noah,
22-23 11gm., rim 9-16 mid 20-42 3pt 19-42/ 100 att, 84 beyond 5ft, 84%
21-22 28gm, rim 41-66 mid 59-142 3pt 45-125/ 333 att, 267 beyond 5ft, 80.1%

23-24 18gm, rim 18-42, mid 11-35 3pt 15-50/ 127 att, 85 beyond 5, 66.9%

We are not getting what was advertised for 2yrs.

Austin Williams Hartford
21-22 27gm, 96-161 mid 43-87, 3pt 24-78
20-21 24gm, 88-145 mid 13-28, 3pt 24-73

23-24 14gm, rim 25-45 mid 1-4, 3pt 5-13

Austin Williams is as advertised.

I think that is the problem there is little to no difference between Derek, JMike and Noah which makes our guards easier to defend.

JMike 17gm rim 17-44 mid 10-31 3pt 5-19

Derek 18gm rim 18-50 mid 22-73 3pt 13-42
22-23 34gm rim 53-104 mid 26-82 3pt 13-60
Derek is shooting better from 3 but much worse on drives to the rim about the same from mid range..

I get players trying to be a 3 level scorer but you have to be good at one to become a 2nd level and 3rd level scorer. Right now, our guards are struggling at all 3 levels except for AWill's drives to the rim.

Last edited:
It is the talent. Lack there of. Some may be not used to playing with each other and parts don’t fit but we don’t have all around players or players that excel in 1 key area.

Look at the teams we have had in past few years, the players, and that just yielded at best 10 seed. Any drop would lead to what we are seeing now.

we have 14 regular season games left. Just want improvement in younger guys and build momentum for next season. I agree, 16-15 (8-12) is best case scenario…4-8 B1G wins it seems and day 1 in tourney.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
....which is why I'd think Simpson needs to reinvent himself as a guy who wants to get in to the paint with the intent to pass. Also time to ditch the midrange jumper with the shot clock above 5 seconds.
It's funny you said this. I watched about 10-15 minutes of the first half in real time. This was right around the goaltending call. During that time, I think Derek brought the ball up, they would pass it around sometimes and then Derek took about 7-8 shots in a row on different possessions with only making one of them. I couldn't believe what I was seeing so I just turned it off.

He's a way better passer than shooter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT