ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone making the trip to see RU at USC in October?

Not exactly "nice" restaurants, but I would check out the Venice Whaler at the end of Washington. Food is ok but it's more about the view and the atmosphere.
Right across the street is a little dive bar called Hinano. Still one of my favorite burgers. It's super simple and not fancy, but something about the 50 years of grease on that grill or something.
What about Fat Sal’s down the street? Feels like being back at Rutgers

What about Fat Sal’s down the street? Feels like being back at Rutgers
Ooh! That wasn't there when I lived there. Would definitely get that. Pretty sure Turtle from Entourage owns a stake in that?

Side note. I was at Rutgers a few weeks back. First time I'd ever brought my wife and she sampled her first Fat Sandwich at RU Hungry. She's a fan.

Reactions: Local Shill
I'll be going and staying with my daughter and her family, who live about a mile from the Coliseum. Is it better to get tickets through RU or USC?

I'll be going and staying with my daughter and her family, who live about a mile from the Coliseum. Is it better to get tickets through RU or USC?

So you want to sit surrounded by Rutgers fans? Buy thru RU
If you don't care about that, buy thru USC or StubHub

Where is the Visitor’s seating section in the Coliseum?
They don’t draw well so seats near our section should be easy.

Where is the Visitor’s seating section in the Coliseum?
They don’t draw well so seats near our section should be easy.
Everyone can do what they want, but in my experience, buy through Rutgers is not only more expensive but you get worse seats. We don't particularly care about sitting in the Rutgers section. We want good seats with good sightlines. We have enjoyed sitting with visiting fans and chatting with them. Did this at BC and Wisconsin, and we had great seats and a great time.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Everyone can do what they want, but in my experience, buy through Rutgers is not only more expensive but you get worse seats. We don't particularly care about sitting in the Rutgers section. We want good seats with good sightlines. We have enjoyed sitting with visiting fans and chatting with them. Did this at BC and Wisconsin, and we had great seats and a great time.
Agree. Found out the Visitors section is 101 which is way beyond the End Zone in the far corner of the closed off end of the Coliseum . Not sure you can see past our own 20 yard line. Might be a Stub Hub game.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Agree. Found out the Visitors section is 101 which is way beyond the End Zone in the far corner of the closed off end of the Coliseum . Not sure you can see past our own 20 yard line. Might be a Stub Hub game.
Santa Monica Hilton is booked. those going should try and get a section together. Anyone been to game there and could suggest one??

Santa Monica Hilton is booked. those going should try and get a section together. Anyone been to game there and could suggest one??
When we went to Wisconsin and BC, registered and ordered through their website.

We have the date marked for Va Tech when single game tickets go on sale. Need to check when that is for USC. We will register and buy through USC.

When we went to psu the first time RU would not sell me a block of 25 tickets so we went thru their ticket office. Nicest ticket guy ever. Made sure to put us in a section that was not near students or new grads, and even gave us the group discount when we were able to get 50 people to call him and get tix thru him. He sat us all together.

• Wow
Reactions: Knight Shift
Back to the topic at hand, and please keep it on topic. For those not at the Santa Monica Hilton, where is everyone staying? And are people going out early? I think we will go out Wednesday morning and spend some time exploring outside of LA in the mountains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT