ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS 3/3/2020

U know what would be a dream match-up if we get to dayton? Rutgers-Texas. Jacob would be playing 100000% energy level
Think he would be way too out of control in the matchup honestly . kid would be shot out of a cannon in this game

Think he would be way too out of control in the matchup honestly . kid would be shot out of a cannon in this game
Hes been measured with his energy, hes been overall pretty fantastic since conference play began. I think hed realize he couldnt be out of control on O and hed fully embrace being a pest and frustrating his former teammates and moreso the guys his former coach thought were better than him

Reactions: Scangg and MV9000
Also , I’m assuming we want Illinois to beat the buckeyes tonight for multiple reasons

yes

but note....I projected Tulsa as the autobid from the AAC....chances are they are not going to win the AAC tourney but because they are in first, thats how the projections go, so that is one more big available...and its going to change tonight when Houston wins, they go back to being the autobid winner and Tulsa drops out of the field...and they are not a bubble contender..just a weird quirk of the unbalanced schedule in the AAC

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
yes

but note....I projected Tulsa as the autobid from the AAC....chances are they are not going to win the AAC tourney but because they are in first, thats how the projections go, so that is one more big available...and its going to change tonight when Houston wins, they go back to being the autobid winner and Tulsa drops out of the field...and they are not a bubble contender..just a weird quirk of the unbalanced schedule in the AAC
The AAC is a tournament to keep and eye on. I trust no one in that league and pray no one steals a bid there. Your thoughts?

The AAC is a tournament to keep and eye on. I trust no one in that league and pray no one steals a bid there. Your thoughts?

I hate this league.

Wichita State plays at Memphis tonight. If Memphis loses they are done but Wichita strengthens its resume

If Memphis win they become legit bubble with Houston coming this weekend. Wichit might fall out of the field for now but still right there. Cincy is right there as well.

Its likely Tulsa might actually be the 2 seed meaning Memphis/Wichita get Houston in the semis..perhaps a win and in game vs Houston..loser go home?

UConn has been playing well. Temple is capable of pulling an upset

This league will get 2 although i huess there could be a small chance scenerio they get 1. ...40/60 for 3..
And hopefully for Rutgers sake not 3...they arent getting 4 though

Reactions: biazza38
yes

Why would you give the auto bid to Tulsa just bc they are in first if you don't think they will actually win the tournament? You're basically putting an asterisk there and telling people they won't get it in anyway. It's like you're intentionally making your bracket temporarily less accurate bc of some arbitrary made up rule. Sounds Palm esque lacking common sense. Just give the auto bid to whoever you project as most likely to win it

Because they are in first thats why. Thats how i do it with all the lower conferences. I don't predict winners. The autobids go to the conference leaders for consistency purposes.

Why would you give the auto bid to Tulsa just bc they are in first if you don't think they will actually win the tournament? You're basically putting an asterisk there and telling people they won't get it in anyway. It's like you're intentionally making your bracket temporarily less accurate bc of some arbitrary made up rule. Sounds Palm esque lacking common sense. Just give the auto bid to whoever you project as most likely to win it

No if the aac tourney started tonight Tulsa us the top seed. You cant get around that. Ditto for UCLA. Should i predict Oregon or Colorado or USC. The other way is doing a disservice. I dont predict what the field will be. Its a snapshot in time today

Houston loses. Tulsa is going to win the regular season AAC lol

Houston loses. Tulsa is going to win the regular season AAC lol

Yep..well they have to win at Wichita St which will not be easy

Houston unfortunately appears to be a lock. I suppose if the lose to Memphis and lose to Uconn/SMU in the AAC quarters there could be some pause

No one from the aac should get in besides tourney winter . Horrible league

It’s not a horrible league but it’s total BS to include a group of slightly above average teams just because the league has parity. The league is not strong enough to have more than 2-3 teams.

Reactions: Scangg
Houston has 2 Q1 wins...they beat Wichita 2x and Cincy once...thats it. Cincy isnt in the field and Wichita is in some brackets and out in others. So Carolina is their other Q1 but thats not a team in the field

It’s a mid major league basically . The leagues has basically beaten know one out of conference . Oklahoma and Florida are the best wins for the conference

Reactions: Scangg
Wichita beat Oklahoma but is 0-5vs Cincy and Houston and Tulsa

I think Tulsa winning the league if they win at Wichita St would eliminate the Wheat Shockers

Bac , should we be rooting for the shockers or Memphis in this game

Tulsa beat Houston and Wichita. Their non conference sos is 334 and overall 163.

They have losses to Tex San Antonio, UCF, Colorado St, and Quad 4 to Arkansas St

Bac , should we be rooting for the shockers or Memphis in this game

If Wichita wins, Memphis is done

If Memphis wins they and Wichita probably are about the same spot maybe 4th team out but either can work their way in

Tough call. I guess i would want Wichita to lose to muddy their waters

They were up big too. I think 13 early. Really want this one if only to see the panic on Palms face. Will he put Cincy in tonight with a Utah St loss? He has to have Tulsa in as autobid AAC which he hasnt done yet

Interesting halftime scores

New Mexico 33 Utah State 33
Memphis 29 Wichita State 24
Arizona State 45 Washington 41
Oregon State 34 Stanford 32

They were up big too. I think 13 early. Really want this one if only to see the panic on Palms face. Will he put Cincy in tonight with a Utah St loss? He has to have Tulsa in as autobid AAC which he hasnt done yet

Oh yeah - about Cincy. Lafayette quietly pulled through for us tonight in the Patriot league. Brings on a semi-final match up with the superpower Colgate team Cincy lost to. Colgate will be a big favorite, but boy would I love for Lafayette to clobber them!

Memphis 51 Wichita State 39...10:03
Arizona State 65 Washington 65 9:24
Oregon State 56 Stanford 48 7:57
New Mexico 43 Utah State 43 14:00

Memphis 64 Wichita State 48 2:53
Washington 78 Arizona State 72 3:30
Oregon State 61 Stanford 58 3:28
New Mexic0 49 Utah State 45 11:40

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT