ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest upset in CFB history has happen!!!

2 were bigger.

It was either UCF or USF playing 1st year 1-A and had been playing FB all of four years when they leveled Pitt.

Then Appy State over Michigan either a tie with Pitt or close second.
Michigan was -27.5. Both Liberty and Howard were bigger underdogs. People seem to forget that App State was the #1 team in FCS at the time and was a pretty dominant program.

I'm not sure I'll be able to find a spread for USF vs Pitt, but I'll try.

Last edited:
Reactions: lighty
Apparently what happens in Vegas does not always stay in Vegas. Congrats to Howard. The band was apparently going also. The team got paid $600,00 for making the trip.

The Moon was in Aquarius,the sign of the unusual, on Saturday so I figured there could be such huge upsets but no one knows where.I couldn't pull the trigger on a horse at Del Mar that won,paying $53.Story of my life.

Could we have beaten Washington on Saturday?That's above my pay grade.

Looking ahead,the games against OSU,MICH and MSU will all be played under the same Moon,but don't expect miracles as there's a limit to them.

Michigan was -27.5. Both Liberty and Howard were bigger underdogs. People seem to forget that App State was the #1 team in FCS at the time and was a pretty dominant program.

I'm not sure I'll be able to find a spread for USF vs Pitt, but I'll try.

I remember that Pitt-USF game; it was 2001 and USF won at Heinz 21-7. USF was in their 5th season and were in the process of transitioning from 1AA to 1A. That Pitt team wasn't horrendous either; they were 7-5 after a Tangerine (Champs/ Russel Athletic) Bowl win after starting the season 1-5.

'07 Appy State won the 1AA national title too; it was more of a shocker because on paper it was a 'blue blood' team losing to a 1AA squad and "that's not supposed to happen".

Joe P.

Reactions: lighty
Yes, it was the "biggest" upset in history. But it is crazy for any book to post a UNLV -45 line. I'm guessing people just ignored that game, because ANY money would have had to go on Howard and brought the line down. Nobody in Las Vegas believes in UNLV, although with recent recruiting upgrades, a new football facility on the horizon and a new stadium to play in soon, things are looking up. Sort of.

The Newton kid was good, but UNLV shot itself in the foot. I won't bore you with details, but even one of several things not going wrong and this is just an embarrassing close call. Even the coach used the word "inept."

But Howard has a new coach, a new quarterback and, apparently, some confidence. Good for them.

When you're playing in Vegas and the point spread isn't even on the roulette wheel, why bother showing up. Now we know why !

Looks like we had our little Tor troll in here once again under a couple of new names. Buh-bye!

Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT