Saturday :
Memphis at UCF, Noon ABC/ESPN
Akron at Toledo , Noon WatchESPN/ESPN3
TCU at Oklahoma 12:30 Fox
Georgia at Auburn 4:30 CBS
Fresno St at Boise St 7:45 ESPN2
Miami vs Clemson 8 ABC
Ohio St vs Wisconsin 8 Fox

Let the games begin. I'm struggling with the B1G Championship and who I'm rooting for. I would typcially root for the Buckeyes when playing Wisconsin, however, I understand what's best for the Conference and have this feeling that if Wisconsin wins, it could do damage in the Playoffs.

We will learn a lot about Wisconsin today. Don’t discount their defense and the accuracy of their QB, Hornibrook. I am rooting for them to go undefeated at the end.

But if Alabama gets into the Final Four they will be the clear favorite, and for good reason.

We will learn a lot about Wisconsin today. Don’t discount their defense and the accuracy of their QB, Hornibrook. I am rooting for them to go undefeated at the end.

But if Alabama gets into the Final Four they will be the clear favorite, and for good reason.

So an SEC team that doesn't get into its conference championship game gets into the national semi-final?
Was B.S. when it happened before and would be B.S. now.

Memphis vs UCF could be a fun one if you like shootouts.

Oklahoma will roll TCU.

Auburn will have a tougher time in the rematch but I don't think it was a fluke that they physically beat up on Georgia. Johnson's injury is a problem, though. Could be a fun one.

I don't see Miami beating Clemson.

Wisconsin vs OSU - which Buckeyes show up? They can look like the best team in football, or get blown out by Iowa. I hope the Badgers get it done but don't feel confident in picking the outcome here.

And I agree, please no Alabama in the playoff. All the more reason to root for OU and Wisconsin.

Reactions: RUonBrain

I think it depends on which OSU team shows up like someone above mentioned. Hornibrook is hit or miss. Sometimes very effective, sometimes not so great decision making/turnover prone. I'm rooting for Wisconsin though.

Don't know if that should have been a TO for Memphis. Looked like the guy bobbled it for a bit but then got possession while he was laying on the ground but then the UCF player wrestled it from him quickly but should have been a dead ball as soon as Memphis player had possession IMO.

So I guess we don’t get FBS, D2, or D3 games on TV until next weekend, correct?

Florida State is hosting Louisiana-Monroe on the ACC Network today, too.

The AAC game is simply terrible football; maybe not if you're a fan of games with no defense.

Heck of a game at the AAC championship in Orlando.
UCF up 38-34 in the middle of the 3rd, w Memphis driving. Both teams may wind up in the 50s or 60s, lol

It's almost a forgone conclusion with Frost but if you needed even more evidence.

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account@BruceFeldmanCFB 45s46 seconds ago
SOURCE: #Nebraska AD calling recruits and telling them Scott Frost has 90% of his staff in place, and they will be pleased.
Brett McMurphy‏Verified account@Brett_McMurphy 2m2 minutes ago
Source: Scott Frost has agreed to 7-year, $35 million deal with Nebraska, but in days leading up today’s AAC title game was still having some “serious cold feet & remorse.” @LarsAnderson71 previously reported contract figures

Whew killer there, 3rd and 14 and they convert for a huge gain. Memphis in the driver's seat now with just a minute to go.

Penalty drives them back to tough FG range and delay of game saves them from the block, oh geez. Made no difference still not good. Still time too the way this game has been going, lol. My goodness.

Last edited:
I think I might've punted there if I was Memphis. Hindsight, I know but a frosh kicker who hasn't looked good.

Oklahoma's offense can strike so quickly. They put TCU away fast in the 3rd quarter.

OMG what a catch by Miller on 4th and 7 to keep Memphis's hopes alive!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT