ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem might be them trying to recover the optional procedures and if there is a second wave worse than this one they will be full at the improbable next wave.
The 2nd wave is improbable only if restrictions(not all of them mind you) are kept in place.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. I know plenty well enough to understand the progression of CV-19. If it is pointed out the most current data shows "in use" ICU beds and ventilators are at an all time high I go with it. Next weeks lagged data is sure to be worse, unfortunately.
I was contributing to your point, not arguing against it.

Gottlieb on now.

24% of Texas hospitalizations are peoples between the ages of 20-29.

Where is the point of spread? Bars likely.

Protest also started 2 or 3 weeks ago the majority of the protesters were in that age group If there were a superspreader at those events. And I believe Dallas saw the biggest protests in Texas.

Floyd%20Rally%20Houston%20PYH%20TT%200207.jpg

Protest also started 2 or 3 weeks ago the majority of the protesters were in that age group If there were a superspreader at those events. And I believe Dallas saw the biggest protests in Texas.

Floyd%20Rally%20Houston%20PYH%20TT%200207.jpg
This would make sense except no similar jumps in NY and PA.

Now maybe in NY and PA the #'s were squelched to the point where even if the #'s did increase because of the protests it is still not noticeable.

But I think the lag in the virus showing itself is more then 2 weeks. That is why states that opened up are now showing the results 4 weeks in.

If that is true NY and PA will show itself in the upcoming weeks. Unfortunately it will likely show itself worse in states that already had rising #'s.

Late to the party? You are at a different party all together. You said numbers have continued to decline. Current numbers of inpatients, critical care and ventilator patients associated with CV-19 are at an all time high. The article points them out as "in use" metrics. Meaning right now. Not cumulative. So you can "duh" yourself.
Oh he thought Vent and ICU bed use was cumulative?

I gave him the link. Not sure what else I was supposed to do.

So Texas had not reported 40 or more Covid deaths since May 21st, until yesterday when they reported 46 deaths. Today they reported 43.

It's only 2 days, and it is still nowhere near the #'s we saw in NJ, NY PA etc, but a rise in deaths? Yeah, that looks to be happening.

The second wave is improbable only if mutates to being worse. Most don't
I've responded to this before, but it could mutate to a lesser form and still be a major disrupter. It could still be a major disupter even if it weakens AND we are much better at treating it.

It's unfortunate that people are forgetting how bad this thing hit NYC.

According to John Hopkins, last Tuesday, Floridas 7 day average for positivity rate was 4.3%.

As of yesterday it is 7%. The new case total jumped from 1093, to 2783.

I see a lot of positive information regarding treatments, but I don't think it will compensate for this rate of increase. People need to wake the eff up.

I've responded to this before, but it could mutate to a lesser form and still be a major disrupter. It could still be a major disupter even if it weakens AND we are much better at treating it.

It's unfortunate that people are forgetting how bad this thing hit NYC.
If it mutates to something lesser than its over. Which would the end of the craziness

Reactions: King of S
Has anyone watched "Vice" on Showtime? It used to be on HBO. In its most recent episode, they interviewed Dr. Dennis Carroll. he serves as the Chair of the Global Virome Project Leadership Board. He previously served as the Director of the U.S. Agency for International Development's (USAID's) Pandemic Influenza and other Emerging Threats Unit.

He was asked if we will have a vaccine by the end of the year. His exact words were "It's spin. It's political spin. Look, we've never developed a vaccine that fast, period." He also added that we have never developed a vaccine for a Corona virus.

https://www.thecity.nyc/coronavirus...protest-questions-even-amid-fears-of-new-wave

We'll never know if these protests/riots in NYC will be a source of infection because it won't be reported by anyone. DeBlasio has decided that when testing people for Covid 19, It's unlawful to ask if they attended a protest.
The point was the cases in NY and PA are not rising.

How could the protests be the cause of the current spike in Texas, but NY which also had protests, continues to trend downward?

The point was the cases in NY and PA are not rising.

How could the protests be the cause of the current spike in Texas, but NY which also had protests, continues to trend downward?
According to the CDC we are still averaging around 27,000 new cases every day and around 750 deaths every day nationwide so the number of cases has just moved to the rest of the country and I am no scientist but if this was seasonal like the flu than we should see the numbers decreasing but they don't seem to be it has just moved from NY/NJ to the rest of the country

Reactions: Greg2020
According to the CDC we are still averaging around 27,000 new cases every day and around 750 deaths every day nationwide so the number of cases has just moved to the rest of the country and I am no scientist but if this was seasonal like the flu than we should see the numbers decreasing but they don't seem to be it has just moved from NY/NJ to the rest of the country
Ya, not seeing much of a seasonal effect.

Or even worse, we are seeing a seasonal effect.

Ya, not seeing much of a seasonal effect.

Or even worse, we are seeing a seasonal effect.

As somebody mentioned at some point Arizona has seen some record high temperatures with May at ave of 95 and June at 104. (hey I remember a guy on this site that use to be really good with weather threads..what happened to that guy?) could be an indoor effect with respect to air conditioning.

Reactions: RUBOB72
As somebody mentioned at some point Arizona has seen some record high temperatures with May at ave of 95 and June at 104. (hey I remember a guy on this site that use to be really good with weather threads..what happened to that guy?) could be an indoor effect with respect to air conditioning.
True, the heat drives everyone indoors.

So is there a reverse seasonal effect in those states? Do we see that with the flu? I doubt that, as the "flu season" is universally considered the winter months. Maybe Covid is different?

If there is something to that, then maybe those states see relief when the weather cools down? Unfortunately that is months away.

Late to the party? You are at a different party all together. You said numbers have continued to decline. Current numbers of inpatients, critical care and ventilator patients associated with CV-19 are at an all time high. The article points them out as "in use" metrics. Meaning right now. Not cumulative. So you can "duh" yourself.
Wrong. ru-05 has been hyperventilating about an update to a 2-week old hospitalization by date---again---by date count, which has been declining since June 2---over 2 weeks. That is what I said.

So here's your free basic math and stat class: If the numbers are 10, then 9, then 8, etc., down to 1, yeh the cumulative numbers increase but the by-date trend is declining...duh.

Now maybe you can keep up the next time you want to chime in from the peanut gallery.

Wrong. ru-05 has been hyperventilating about an update to a 2-week old hospitalization by date---again---by date count, which has been declining since June 2---over 2 weeks. That is what I said.

So here's your free basic math and stat class: If the numbers are 10, then 9, then 8, etc., down to 1, yeh the cumulative numbers increase but the by-date trend is declining...duh.

Now maybe you can keep up the next time you want to chime in from the peanut gallery.
This is incredible.

The day trends are increasing. You are just not able to comprehend the concept of lagging data.

This is incredible.

The day trends are increasing. You are just not able to comprehend the concept of lagging data.
Sure Jan...the concept of lagging data is so complicated..lol. I thought you were going to keep your eyes on the chart and alert us when the covid hospitalizations spike higher than the 75 on June 2 in AZ. Thanks smart guy.

Sure Jan...the concept of lagging data is so complicated..lol. I thought you were going to keep your eyes on the chart and alert us when the covid hospitalizations spike higher than the 75 on June 2 in AZ. Thanks smart guy.
I will, but first let me note that at the time of the article Horowitz was using June 2nd and 3rd as evidence of a steep decline in new admissions.

2 weeks later it's the peak.

Let's drop it for now and check back in 2 weeks.

Loser buys beers.

Last edited:
True, the heat drives everyone indoors.

So is there a reverse seasonal effect in those states? Do we see that with the flu? I doubt that, as the "flu season" is universally considered the winter months. Maybe Covid is different?

If there is something to that, then maybe those states see relief when the weather cools down? Unfortunately that is months away.
We haven't seen an spikes in the NE region from the protests and in most cases around here they were bright sunny days. So outdoors seems to be a lot safer than indoors.

One month ago the percentage of AZ emergency room visits with Covid like illness was 3.8%. As of the last reported week it is 5%.

Inpatient was 5.7%. Last reported week 6.8%.

Note this is Covid like illness. Why do they state it like that? The patients are not yet tested, thus not comfirmed cases.

Now, not all of these patients will have covid, so the # is not as accurate as the test results, but it is a more immediate reflection of who is coming into AZ hospitals.

We haven't seen an spikes in the NE region from the protests and in most cases around here they were bright sunny days. So outdoors seems to be a lot safer than indoors.
I think the lag is longer then 2 weeks(and that was just the start of the protests), the openings in the south took about 4 weeks to show themselves, but I agree, the outdoor aspect could be a factor as well.

You are clearly not following what I and RU-05 are cotinually telling you...he is even saying it right above here. You said rates are falling and they are clearly not. I've had enough trying to explain something so simple to you.

I will, but first let me note that at the time of the article Horowitz was using June 2nd and 3rd as evidence of a steep decline in new admissions.
Loser buys beers.

I second that..put up or shut up BBBBigRed.

Reactions: Greg2020 and RU-05
It's interesting when you look back to Fauci's original comments on masks, and he said you really don't need them unless you are in the midst of the pandemic. Don't need them so much in rural areas where virus prevalence and population density is low, you do need them in cities where #'s are high.

Fast forward a couple months and you see a state like NJ which has squashed it's #'s to a very low amount, yet we continue to wear masks, on the other hand in some of these southern states where you see their #'s rise significantly they are still not wearing them.

Now I think Fauci was A)messaging in such a way so as to not have people hoard PPE(he even said exactly that) and B)he may have/probably did underestimate how contagious covid is. So I wouldn't go so far as to say NJ doesn't need to wear masks right now(especially as we open up more) but the states that are seeing spikes need to wear them much more then we do.

You are clearly not following what I and RU-05 are cotinually telling you...he is even saying it right above here. You said rates are falling and they are clearly not. I've had enough trying to explain something so simple to you.

I second that..put up or shut up BBBBigRed.
B.S--I never said rates were falling why must you lie? ru05 has had his panties in a bunch over the Jun 3 hospitalizations-by-date count being updated which is still well below the Jun 2 high.

Loser buys beers.
You have the facts wrong. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT