ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is absolutely no difference from PA and NJ right now so all of your arguments are just your opinions...shelter in place as long as you wish and let the rest of us have some sense of normal which includes gyms which there have been zero reports of major outbreaks

It depends where in Pennsylvania you're talking about. Unlike NJ, Pa. did not take a statewide approach. (That makes sense; it is a much larger and more varied state than PA.) The states are not doing the same thing. For once, check your facts before posting.

Reactions: Greg2020 and fsg2
Go back to hiding FSG2! Grow some nuts!

Sure, King of BS ...whatever makes you feel better.

Or ...I'll continue to be out and about enjoying life while you whiny fools complain about the two and a half things that the big, bad government won't let you do. Win, me.

Reactions: Greg2020
They’re the only two things I can think of that aren’t open that differentiate NJ from others, I don’t know what he’s waiting for
+1
The data doesn't support these 2 items not being open yet (at restricted capacity).

I've been checking this thread a couple of times daily almost since the beginning and want to thank all of the medical and pharma experts (and others) who have contributed.

I have a question about antibodies and a vaccine which will cause the body to manufacture antibodies; Dr. Scott Gottlieb spoke about the Russian vaccine and said something about if the vaccine is ineffective, a person may not benefit from a later vaccine that is effective. How does an effective vaccine affect the antibodies of someone who has antibodies because they had the virus?

It depends where in Pennsylvania you're talking about. Unlike NJ, Pa. did not take a statewide approach. (That makes sense; it is a much larger and more varied state than PA.) The states are not doing the same thing. For once, check your facts before posting.

PA gyms are open even in Philly

just about all restaurants are open except in Philly and that may chance with a decision in the next couple of days.

Reactions: biker7766
where are you getting that from. there are plenty of people who will eat at indoor restaurants...very odd post

With outside dining flourishing, I cannot think of anyone who is clamoring to eat inside. Maybe when the weather gets colder, but now, there is no demand.

NY released detailed data today on antibody testing. It’s from 15% of the people in NYC.

edit: dunno why the legend doesn’t show below, but it’s in the link as well.

map-300.png

With outside dining flourishing, I cannot think of anyone who is clamoring to eat inside. Maybe when the weather gets colder, but now, there is no demand.
I have friends who were not the least bit intrigued in sitting in a hot parking lot during this past July, I don't mind it because I'm don't mind the heat, but others can't stand it. They prefer to be comfortable with AC.

Reactions: RocktheRac

its getting closer to September...its a crapshoot whether its warm in late September.....but continue to move the goalposts thinking outdoor dining can sustain the restaurant business as autumn closes in

PA gyms are open even in Philly

just about all restaurants are open except in Philly and that may chance with a decision in the next couple of days.
And then again it may not. I'm not a betting man, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion that Philly will allow indoor eating. And what's good in one place is not necesssarily good in another; that's why we have a federal system of government. Keep in mind that a lot of NJ is in the NYC metropolitan area and there indoor dining is still barred. (Gyms are re-opening there soon, so I think they will open in NJ too., thereby dealing with one of your grievances.)

yeah that diner in Hillsborough with two long tables and maybe 3 people sitting there everytime I ride buy screams successful way of doing things all the while cases in Somerset County are down to a trickle and deaths of those under 50 for the past 6 months is 10

And then again it may not. I'm not a betting man, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion that Philly will allow indoor eating. And what's good in one place is not necesssarily good in another; that's why we have a federal system of government. Keep in mind that a lot of NJ is in the NYC metropolitan area and there indoor dining is still barred. (Gyms are re-opening there soon, so I think they will open in NJ too., thereby dealing with one of your grievances.)

nyc and nj dining will not open this year...everyone can see the writing on the wall with that one

How about last week when it was hot as hell? Did outside dinning flourish??

its getting closer to September...its a crapshoot whether its warm in late September.....but continue to move the goalposts thinking outdoor dining can sustain the restaurant business as autumn closes in

Not really sure what you’re talking about moving the goalposts. I think they should allow indoor at some capacity, I just don’t think there is any demand now so it doesn’t matter. And that sentiment will continue into the colder weather, so restaurants are gonna suck wind either way if they don’t evolve.

Not really sure what you’re talking about moving the goalposts. I think they should allow indoor at some capacity, I just don’t think there is any demand now so it doesn’t matter. And that sentiment will continue into the colder weather, so restaurants are gonna suck wind either way if they don’t evolve.

there is no demand..lmfao....yeah it doesnt matter if we continue to kill restaurants. Every city is not Hoboken or Morristown

Where do you live? There are a good portion of restaurants that don't have the option of doing outdoor dining.

Plenty of people are eating indoors in pa. Not me but to say there is no demand is nonsensical.

North NJ. Almost every place figured out how to have outside seating. Maybe it’s different in South Jersey.
No doubt majority have, but there are places in strip malls or cities that might have just a small sidewalk to work with (if that) or how about all the restaurants inside malls. And even if they find the space to work with, the revenue is probably just a fraction of what they would make before Covid.

Reactions: WhiteBus
nyc and nj dining will not open this year...everyone can see the writing on the wall with that one

That makes me wonder whether Phillly will open outside dining. I don't think the restaurants in these areas would do well even if re-opened; people are justifiably nervous about gathering. That's particularly true of the elderly like me, and there are a lot of restaurants that need patronage from the elderly. And I agree with a previous comment of yours that outdoor dining is not enough to support restaurants. Some are doing OK with outdoor dining and dellivery/takeout, but I wonder how many. I personally dislike eating outdoors.

Flourishing???? Tell that to the restaurant owner who is barely scaping by being "allowed" to have open air dining.

I googled, but couldn't get any real info on whether restaurants are making it doing open-air dining (which is usually combined with delivery/takeout). At least one well-known restaurant near me seems to be doing OK -- they are drawing a lot of pick-up business. But I doubt this is a sustainable business model. Keep in mind that capacity restrictions will undoubtedly apply to restaurants, and so many may be in trouble even after indoor dining is allowed.

I googled, but couldn't get any real info on whether restaurants are making it doing open-air dining (which is usually combined with delivery/takeout). At least one well-known restaurant near me seems to be doing OK -- they are drawing a lot of pick-up business. But I doubt this is a sustainable business model. Keep in mind that capacity restrictions will undoubtedly apply to restaurants, and so many may be in trouble even after indoor dining is allowed.

True but at that point you will have outdoor and indoor dining going on until the winter.

Yes, but even the indoor dining will probably be subject to 25%/50% restrictions, and I don't know how many restaurants will last thiat way. In addition, there is just no guarantee that the situation will have ended by the winter; suppose, for instance, we have a "twindemic" of seasonal flu and Covid-19 cases. I'm very happy that I"m not in the restaurant business, which is a backbreaker even in the best of times!

If you knew anything about Sweden, you'd know that it and NY are very different; one is much more urbanized than the other. So your comparison is invalid. I am puzzled by the number of people here who post absolute nonsense, and you are one of them.

I rebuke your nastiness old man.

So typical from you, disagree with something that is absolutely up for debate and you start name calling.

You definitely are a puzzled individual

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT