ADVERTISEMENT

First snow tonight

RocktheRac

Heisman Winner
Sep 10, 2001
Where is RU #'s. It's the first of the year for statewide coverage from 1/4 to a dusting across NJ according to Dan Zarrow 101.5 FM. Rain and snow showers this afternoon ending near midnight. 1/4 to a coating areas North of the NJ Turnpike and a dusting from CNJ to the Shore Area.

This seems like kind of a stretch, calling it "statewide snow". Temps south of 195 will likely be too warm.

This seems like kind of a stretch, calling it "statewide snow". Temps south of 195 will likely be too warm.

Frank Lombardo WCTC calls for snow showers late afternoon with some flurries tonight. Possible slippery conditions tomorrow morning. Nothing to worry about but this is the first event where most of the state will see white stuff falling at some point.

Where is RU #'s. It's the first of the year for statewide coverage from 1/4 to a dusting across NJ according to Dan Zarrow 101.5 FM. Rain and snow showers this afternoon ending near midnight. 1/4 to a coating areas North of the NJ Turnpike and a dusting from CNJ to the Shore Area.
Very misleading thread title - I'd be excoriated for that one, lol. Will be too warm for any accumulating snow during the day from I-95 and points S/E of there (yes we may see some flakes, which is nice). Need to be N/W of 78/287 to see a little accumulation (dusting to 1/4") and in the higher elevations of NW NJ to see 1/2" to an inch of snow.

One simple request, gentlemen....

New storm, new thread.

Very misleading thread title - I'd be excoriated for that one, lol. Will be too warm for any accumulating snow during the day from I-95 and points S/E of there (yes we may see some flakes, which is nice). Need to be N/W of 78/287 to see a little accumulation (dusting to 1/4") and in the higher elevations of NW NJ to see 1/2" to an inch of snow.

Excellent use of excoriated. I don't see that one often

Reactions: RU848789
don't worry there are none on the horizon
Well, there's a possible east coast storm coming on Sat/Sun, but it'll be a cold rain for everyone, except maybe some frozen precip in places like the Poconos, Sussex County, Catskills, etc. We're at least out of the torch pattern, which means we'll likely have some normal to below normal temps and some chances at snow the next few weeks, but no obvious significant snow on tap for at least the next week, which is as far out as I'd ever even speculate.

For today's "event" I got a chuckle out of this from AmericanWx...

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
231 PM EST TUE JAN 12 2016

DANGEROUS SNOW FLURRIES WITH A POSSIBLE LIFE THREATENING SNOW SHOWER IN THE AREA LATE THIS AFTERNOON

SNOW FLURRIES AND SNOW SHOWERS WILL DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THIS EVENING.

THESE MAY LOCALLY CONTAIN HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF SNOW FLAKES FOR A BRIEF TIME.

UNLESS YOU PUT ON YOUR WINDSHIELD WIPERS VISIBILITY MAY BE REDUCED TO ZERO IF YOU SIT IDLE IN YOUR CAR FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR AND LET THE FLURRIES ACCUMULATE ON YOUR WINDSHIELD.

MOTORISTS SHOULD BE AWARE OF THESE CONDITIONS AND ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Reactions: OTBOTOR and mildone
Was just outside, and there was a very light bit of snow that came down for a couple of minutes. I'm stopping at the Shop Rite on the way home to grab a few gallons of milk and a couple loaves of bread. Hopefully we'll survive this.

Was just outside, and there was a very light bit of snow that came down for a couple of minutes. I'm stopping at the Shop Rite on the way home to grab a few gallons of milk and a couple loaves of bread. Hopefully we'll survive this.

Don't forget the eggs, you will need at least a dozen.. dozen eggs. Also a few cases of canned beans.

Also lots of toilet paper, at least 100 rolls.

That should get through Friday.

Snow showers here in Hillsborough. Two local banks have been presalted by their landscapers.

Snow showers here in Hillsborough. Two local banks have been presalted by their landscapers.
Given that the experts had predicted no snow below Rt 78, I find it alarming that it s snowing in Hillsborough. As I live about 1/4 mile north of 78, I now expect at least 3 feet by sundown.

Don't forget the eggs, you will need at least a dozen.. dozen eggs. Also a few cases of canned beans.

Also lots of toilet paper, at least 100 rolls.

That should get through Friday.
A man can never have too much toilet paper. Someone important said that.

I can not only confirm that statement but I can also say that I'm about to go do something about it. Which I can do secure in the knowledge that I have quite a lot of toilet paper.
You've kept your old copies of the SL?

Well, hypothetically, I do. Is that inconsistent with my refusal to allow the Star Liar to ever come into contact with my baby smooth buttocks?
OoooOOOOOOoooooo, I thought when you said "ass" you were referring to Eeyore like animals:

eeyore-1_zps78a54a73.gif

Reactions: mildone
ALERT...HEAVY SNOW SQUALL ABOUT TO ENTER WESTERN JERSEY. THIS CAN LIMIT VISIBILITY TO A QUARTER MILE AND MAY PRODUCE AN INCH OF SNOW IN LESS THAN HOUR..BE ADVISED AS IT SWEEPS ACROSS THE STATE

NWS in Mt Holly just released a special weather statement..if the squall holds together this could happen in some locations...however some locations are also above freezing at this time too

Well there u go. The mods change the title thread on me a we get a pretty good squall come thru. At least I can work.

well I think Mt Holly exaggerated somewhat..the squall lasted less than 10 minutes and at least IMBY melted after 15 minutes because temps were still above freezing. I guess some colder areas did better

in the meantime no snowstorms in sight and this great pattern advertised by the smug and arrogant PB GFI looks to be off to a poor start

Nice to see some flakes - got a little dusting in both Rahway and Metuchen; maybe 1/8" - this combined with the mega-storm on 12/23 (1/8" of sleet) puts me at a whopping 1/4" of frozen precip this winter. Got a little way to go to equal last winter's 50.8" in my backyard or even the ~28" average in NYC. As expected, Sussex and the Poconos got an inch or a little more of snow, Warren/Morris and the Lehigh Valley got up to 1/2" of snow and the next tier of counties to the SE, including along I-95 got dustings to maybe 1/4". S/E of I-95 looks like it largely got shut out, as the squall line fell apart. Not quite a "statewide snowfall," but better than nothing...

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
SPOTTER REPORTS
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
900 PM EST TUE JAN 12 2016

********************STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL********************

LOCATION STORM TOTAL TIME/DATE COMMENTS
SNOWFALL OF
/INCHES/ MEASUREMENT

NEW JERSEY

...CAMDEN COUNTY...
HADDON HEIGHTS 0.1 856 PM 1/12 TRAINED SPOTTER

...MERCER COUNTY...
EWING 0.2 841 PM 1/12 NWS EMPLOYEE
LAWRENCE TWP 0.1 855 PM 1/12 SOCIAL MEDIA

...MORRIS COUNTY...
SUCCASUNNA 0.4 440 PM 1/12 SOCIAL MEDIA

...SUSSEX COUNTY...
WANTAGE 1.0 747 PM 1/12 TRAINED SPOTTER
SUSSEX 0.9 820 PM 1/12 SOCIAL MEDIA
4 SW WANTAGE 0.6 826 PM 1/12 NWS EMPLOYEE
HARDYSTON TWP 0.1 420 PM 1/12 COCORAHS

...WARREN COUNTY...
BLAIRSTOWN 0.6 754 PM 1/12 SOCIAL MEDIA
STEWARTSVILLE 0.5 755 PM 1/12 TRAINED SPOTTER

PENNSYLVANIA

...BERKS COUNTY...
TEMPLE 0.8 631 PM 1/12 TRAINED SPOTTER
HUFFS CHURCH 0.6 842 PM 1/12 TRAINED SPOTTER

...BUCKS COUNTY...
FURLONG 0.6 851 PM 1/12 TRAINED SPOTTER

...CHESTER COUNTY...
PHOENIXVILLE 0.8 839 PM 1/12 SOCIAL MEDIA

...LEHIGH COUNTY...
S ALLENTOWN 0.7 700 PM 1/12 TRAINED SPOTTER
LEHIGH VALLEY INTL A 0.2 700 PM 1/12 ASOS

...MONROE COUNTY...
TOBYHANNA 1.9 823 PM 1/12 PENNDOT
LONG POND 1.6 823 PM 1/12 PENNDOT
MOUNT POCONO 1.4 737 PM 1/12 TRAINED SPOTTER
STROUDSBURG 0.2 824 PM 1/12 PENNDOT

...MONTGOMERY COUNTY...
GILBERTSVILLE 0.9 746 PM 1/12 TRAINED SPOTTER
ROYERSFORD 0.5 802 PM 1/12 SOCIAL MEDIA
HARLEYSVILLE 0.5 730 PM 1/12 SOCIAL MEDIA

...NORTHAMPTON COUNTY...
BUSHKILL TWP 0.8 757 PM 1/12 TRAINED SPOTTER

Last edited:
They presalted the county roads in Monmouth county, or at least it looked that way. $$$$$$$.
Same in Passaic and Morris counties - the roads have a white haze on them now, and cars are blowing up white dust (not the snorting kind) on the highway.

Thankfully no snow in Jersey City yet this year. Would be totally fine if it stayed that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT