ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Wednesday Snow to Rain Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be kinda of creepy-obsessive if anyone was sayin, just ... sayin.

Never had a use for premium, probably never will. Guess it's good for the increasingly paranoid loons who have to cower there solely because their rants are unwelcome on the free, public internet, including this site. Kinda pathetic to pay for that, but do what ya gotta do, I guess.
I actually liked premium when I followed recruiting more closely, but when the flips and portal went nuts, not to mention guys tweeting out that they were down to 12 finalists as big news, I was done.

Reactions: fsg2
Be kinda of creepy-obsessive if anyone was sayin, just ... sayin.

Never had a use for premium, probably never will. Guess it's good for the increasingly paranoid loons who have to cower there solely because their rants are unwelcome on the free, public internet, including this site. Pretty pathetic to pay for that, but do what ya gotta do, I guess.

So its true

Wow

Lol. Not fighting. Just trying to get clarification. We good I hope
Just busting nads as I'm sure you and Bac are as well. I think these weather skirmishes are funny, but in the end, you wind up with good info or at least referrals to other sites with good info. BTW - raining like a bitch in NP right now. That's my final report.

Just busting nads as I'm sure you and Bac are as well. I think these weather skirmishes are funny, but in the end, you wind up with good info or at least referrals to other sites with good info. BTW - raining like a bitch in NP right now. That's my final report.

Agree. Love these threads.

I actually liked premium when I followed recruiting more closely, but when the flips and portal went nuts, not to mention guys tweeting out that they were down to 12 finalists as big news, I was done.
Yeah, feel like it would drive me crazy more than anything. Following the whims of 18-year-olds seems like something I'd rather not do closely. Happy to wait for signing day.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Between now and next Wednesday we will have 5 days near 50 degrees or higher and chance of rain no higher then 24% except next Wednesday which could reach 50 degrees. That's active? And your complaining about @bac2therac?? Wow!

• Love
Reactions: bac2therac
Between now and next Wednesday we will have 5 days near 50 degrees or higher and chance of rain no higher then 24% except next Wednesday which could reach 50 degrees. That's active? And your complaining about @bac2therac?? Wow!

As Bac has said already…way too far out to look at “percentages”

As Bac has said already…way too far out to look at “percentages”
Yet you called it an active week, right?? Point to the multiple active days. Did you even look at the forecast before your active week comment? And isn't your active week comment way worse the @bac2therac 2 day heads up? I'd definitely think so.

Yet you called it an active week, right?? Point to the multiple active days. Did you even look at the forecast before your active week comment? And isn't your active week comment way worse the @bac2therac 2 day heads up? I'd definitely think so.

Oh my gosh…dude. As me and Bac both said… forecasts on that time are “absurd”! Why would I look at forecasts. SMH.

I should have worded it differently…an active weather pattern for next week is probably what I should have said.

If you’re not great at reading models…I’m not “great” but do have a general idea…just a quick Twitter search of “active weather pattern” and a ton of meteorologists are talking about it. Which again is why I said as weather hobbyists, we keep an eye out.

Why is this so difficult?

Oh my gosh…dude. Didn’t you just say forecasts on that time are “absurd”????! Why would I look at forecasts. SMH.

I should have worded it differently…an active weather pattern for next week is probably what I should have said.
No I didn't say forecast were "absurd" . Are you losing it?? Are just confused with someone else??
No it's not active weather pattern for next week. Unless you consider 50s in January "active" and if you do, you would be the only one.

No I didn't say forecast were "absurd" . Are you losing it?? Are just confused with someone else??
No it's not active weather pattern for next week. Unless you consider 50s in January "active" and if you do, you would be the only one.

Yes I thought you were Bac. I’ve edited the post.

My bad.

Temperatures and “active weather pattern” have very little relation..so not quite sure what you’re getting at with the temperature forecast.

Yes I thought you were Bac. I’ve edited the post.

My bad.

Temperatures and “active weather pattern” have very little relation..so not quite sure what you’re getting at with the temperature forecast.
I have no idea of what you consider "active". You still refuse to point out the active days in the next week or acknowledge that your use of a week is well beyond your criticism of a 2 day heads up.
I am not @bac2therac but always give him credit for being the first from this board to visit the former white bus tailgate rig and Scarlet (Great Dane) in the Blue Lot early one morning in 2007.

I have no idea of what you consider "active". You still refuse to point out the active days in the next week or acknowledge that your use of a week is well beyond your criticism of a 2 day heads up.
I am not @bac2therac but always give him credit for being the first from this board to visit the former white bus tailgate rig and Scarlet (Great Dane) in the Blue Lot early one morning in 2007.

Cause that would be a “forecast”. And As I’ve said furecast a week out are absurd.

The weather pattern across the country will be active. Meaning a pattern conducive for storm after storm after storm. Wull these storm effect us? Who knows.

Last edited:
Cause that would be a “forecast”. And As I’ve said furecast a week out are absurd.

The weather pattern across the country will be active. Meaning a pattern conducive for storm after storm after storm. Wull these storm effect us? Who knows.
Umm yet you actually brought up the "week" term. Bac did not. Also we are talking about our weather not the country or the world.
Just proving a point that your busting chops of this thread is actually worse then the thread itself.

Umm yet you actually brought up the "week" term. Bac did not. Also we are talking about our weather not the country or the world.
Just proving a point that your busting chops of this thread is actually worse then the thread itself.

You do understand how weather in other parts of the country could effect our weather here, correct?

Again, should be a pretty active weather pattern next week (NWS has most of the eastern 1/3 of the country in an above average risk of prep heading into February) but again, take with grain of Salt since it’s a week out.

But certainly something to keep an eye on. Again don’t get what the black lash is here.

You do understand how weather in other parts of the country could effect our weather here, correct?

Again, should be a pretty active weather pattern next week (NWS has most of the eastern 1/3 of the country in an above average risk of prep heading into February) but again, take with grain of Salt since it’s a week out.

But certainly something to keep an eye on. Again don’t get what the black lash is here.
I do understand. You don't understand there is nothing going on for the next week around here for you to come up with the phrase "active week". Again please point to the local weather pattern around here that would be considered active.
The "backlash"is you were trying to be a smart ass but became a dumb ass because you contradict your own comments about too far out then bring up your own week comment. I thought it was funny. You were worse then what you were complaining about.
The irony is your complaint about backlash to you after you giving backlash. Can't make this shit up 🤣🤣

Reactions: MulletCork
I do understand. You don't understand there is nothing going on for the next week around here for you to come up with the phrase "active week". Again please point to the local weather pattern around here that would be considered active.
The back lash is you were trying to be a smart ass but became a dumb ass because you contradict your own comments about too far out then bring up your own week comment. I thought it was funny. You were worse then what you were complaining about.

All good. I admitted “active week” was the wrong phrase. I was dumb to use it: An active pattern is the right word…whether that leads to an active week around here or not..is why we need to keep our eyes out.

Making a forecast too far out is dumb. Totally agree. Making a weather thread for a storm you admit 24 hours later “was never a threat” or whatever the phrase was is also dumb.

Saying we need to keep our eyes on next week due to an active pattern in the country is not dumb.

All good. I admitted “active week” was the wrong phrase. I was dumb to use it: An active pattern is the right word…whether that leads to an active week around here or not..is why we need to keep our eyes out.

Making a forecast too far out is dumb. Totally agree. Making a weather thread for a storm you admit 24 hours later “was never a threat” or whatever the phrase was is also dumb.

Saying we need to keep our eyes on next week due to an active pattern in the country is not dumb.
I agree anything past 4/5 days isnt reliable but I don't see anything to worry about for the next week.
Disagree about the forecast for today being dumb. The Lehigh Valley received big flakes and low visibility and tough riding conditions during the 12pm-1pm news cycle I'm sure far North Jersey got the same. All that is gone now but today was an event.
The record in Philadelphia between measurable snow is 616 days. If we skate through this winter with no snow it will break the record. If not we are already at the 5th longest drought of snow.
January with warmer days has not lead to beautiful days. Overcast nearly every day and above average rain.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh…dude. As me and Bac both said… forecasts on that time are “absurd”! Why would I look at forecasts. SMH.

If you’re not great at reading models…I’m not “great” but do have a general idea…just a quick Twitter search of “active weather pattern” and a ton of meteorologists are talking about it. Which again is why I said as weather hobbyists, we keep an eye out.

You are being duped by clickbait

No it wasn't stupid...it was a heads up 48 hours on a potential snow to rain event..quite prudent actually

Why do some posters go so crazy about weather threads? Grow up people! I appreciate Bac's info and efforts.
510H7MK4TXL._AC_SY580_.jpg

You are being duped by clickbait

Ehh. I disagree, but whatever.

Its your textbook active pattern with polar air north of, subtropical air south of us…and a jet stream from southern cal to northern nj.

But regardless..if produce anything…it doesn’t matter.

We will see.

No it wasn't stupid...it was a heads up 48 hours on a potential snow to rain event..quite prudent actually

All good. And I’d agree.

But such events the past few years were ridiculed by you when there were posts made about them. But whatever…I guess we can post about them now without getting rudiculed.

Carry on

Reactions: RU848789
All good. And I’d agree.

But such events the past few years were ridiculed by you when there were posts made about them. But whatever…I guess we can post about them now without getting rudiculed.

Carry on

No they were ridiculous because they were started plus 5 days out

Because he started threads 5-7 days before running train on models

I laid out the possibilities which included models 48 hours before showing some snow especially north of 78..
I've never started a winter storm thread more than 5 days out (maybe 5.5 days once). I've commented on the possibility of a storm 7+ days out in pattern threads, since that's just something interesting to talk about - it's like speculating on the NCAA bubble now - fun, but a little silly. I start gameday threads 7 days out because it's convenient (after each game) and because I kind of find it fun to see how the forecast evolves, plus people seem interested, since this is a football board.

And fwiw, while some storm threads started 5 days out have busted, every major snowstorm we've had in the last ~20 years (when I started posting snowstorm threads in 2003, iirc), which includes about 15 storms over 10" for most of us since then, has shown major potential 5 days out, even if there wasn't model consensus, so people have had a good heads up on major snowstorms 4-5 days out fo 20 years, giving lie to your mantra that the models are "garbage" beyond 3 days out. I think people are smart enough to know that it's better to have a heads up 5 days out on major storms that materialize, even if that means they have to wade through some partial to total bust threads, which usually become obvious 2-3 days out, rather than not hearing anything at all until 2-3 days out.

You have also cried bust on threads I've started 2-3 days out on minor threats that don't materialize for most, like the one today. While I've been tempted to do the same here, I won't, since two wrongs don't make a right and it would be hypocritical. I get why others are doing it since the amount of grief I've gotten on weather threads is astronomical and they see the unfairness of that, but I'd actually rather nobody trolled these threads and that mods patrolled them, like they used to, since the trolling and bickering make it very hard for people to find the actual useful info (and people can debate whether posters should be looking for useful weather info here or not, but it's clear they do, so why make it harder than it needs to be?).

As I said yesterday, I have zero issue with you alerting people to a potentially impactful storm even if it didn't materialize for most. My only wish is that I might get the same respect from you that I give you. I've never really cared what T and the other trolls say (atlhough it's comical to see him try to play the reasonable anti-troll in this thread), but you have good weather knowledge, so I've always been interested in what you have to say, even if we disagree. The best solution for the community might be to have @RUJohnny start all the winter storm threads, although my guess is he'd grow tired of it pretty quickly, lol.

Reactions: RUinPinehurst
All good. And I’d agree.

Carry on
Yep, I've been hammered for threads started 2-3 days out that didn't pan out. I've also never understood the hate for pattern threads, but yes we are currently in an active pattern for the US with generally progressive flow from west to east bringing Pacific moisture and storms across the country, but that looks to quiet down for next week, except for the Cascades/Northern Rockies. Still a chance of some wintry weather next Weds/Thurs around here, but nowhere near worth a thread.

So discussing a potential major snow storm 5 days out is not allowed, but starting a thread two days before a minor snow/ moderate rain event is ok? Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT