ADVERTISEMENT

How will the Big Ten's last weekend shake out? The News-Gazette, Champaign-Urbana, Ill. - Predicts the games and Big Ten seedings. RU-6 seed.

The most hilarious thing will be when we beat NW and end up 5th or 6th in the Big Ten basketball standings. A far fetched fantasyland dream not too long ago when we finished 14th every year. Yet you would think we are 16th reading this board

Reactions: biker7766
The most hilarious thing will be when we beat NW and end up 5th or 6th in the Big Ten basketball standings. A far fetched fantasyland dream not too long ago when we finished 14th every year. Yet you would think we are 16th reading this board
It’s all the bandwagon fans who jumped on when talk of us winning the b10 and a deep run in the tourney started.

If all home teams win including Minn over Wisc.
#1 Purdue 2-4 Iowa Indiana MSU
5-9 Michigan RU Maryland Illinois NW #10 PSU
11-12 Nebraska Wisconsin #13 Ohio St #14 Minnesota

We lose, we are a #9.
1) If Michigan wins at Indiana, Michigan move up to #3, Indiana drops to #9 vs #8 NW, big stakes for Indiana. We stay #6
2) If Iowa loses at home, Iowa #5, we fall to #8 even with a win, #9 NW
*We want Iowa winning, with RU 0-2 vs Iowa*
3) Illinois winning @ Purdue, ILL #4, MSU #5, drop us to a #7
Illinois game only affects a #6 to a #7
4) Maryland winning @ Penn St only, drops us to an #8 even with a win.

Illinois and UM winning, we are a #6 Maryland #7. NW/IND 8/9
Ill, UM, Maryland winning, would drop us to #7, NW/IND 8/9

Wisconsin win @ Minnesota and Nebraska loses @ Iowa only effects who we might face in round two as a #6. Wisconsin 11, Minn 14 in back 2 back games.
If Wisc and NEB matches wins or losses, Neb 1-0 vs Wisc, Neb 11 Wisc 12.

I would prefer getting a 6 vs 11/14 or 7 vs Penn St than face NW in back to back games, NW, Indiana, and Illinois are losing most tiebreakers at 11-9. Best case before our game, we don't want Iowa losing, keeps us in range for a 6 or 7 seed with a win in all scenarios. I think Michigan winning @ Indiana locks us at #6 or #7 with a win.

Last edited:
Can someone do most likely scenario why do people keep avoiding this scenario

Ind over Mich
Pur over Wisc
Wisc over minny
Iowa over nebby
Ru over NW

And that scenario with psu over md and md over psu

Ind over Mich
Pur over Wisc
Wisc over minny
Iowa over nebby
Ru over NW

Purdue playing Illini

I have your scenario above somewhere

Ind over Mich
Pur over Wisc
Wisc over minny
Iowa over nebby
Ru over NW

Penn St wins we are a #6, MD wins, we are an #8 in the most likely scenario.
If Maryland wins, we lose a 1-0 vs MD tiebreaker in a 11-9 bracket. I'd rather rely on Michigan winning @ Indiana keeping us out of 8/9 in the BTT.

If Indiana and Illinois loses, Illinois #9, Indiana #8, NW #7 if RU #6 wins today.
We are a #6 whether Maryland or Penn St wins in this case.
Indiana loses, Illinois wins, we are a #7 vs #10 Penn St.

Indiana losing is the key to most of our chances of getting a #6 or #7 seed

Last edited:
Penn St win we are a #6, MD wins, we are an #8 in the most likely scenario.
If Maryland wins, we lose a 1-0 vs MD tiebreaker in a 11-9 bracket. I'd rather rely on Michigan winning @ Indiana keeping us out of 8/9 in the BTT.

If Indiana and Illinois loses, Illinois #9, Indiana #8, NW #7 if RU #6 wins today
Indiana is the solid fave to win at home vs Michigan, this is a more likely scenario

Indiana is the solid fave to win at home vs Michigan, this is a more likely scenario
Indiana have won the last 2, by 1 point(62-61 @ UM this yr) and 5 points(74-69 at home in 21-22), Michigan had beaten Indiana 9 straight times before that. this is a revenge game for Michigan in a must win to stay on the bubble.

Michigan is 3-10 5-2, Q1/2 8-12 with a Q4 loss, they are 5-0 Q3. KPI 54 SOR 58

you want indiana to win...has ncaa implications

after that you root for PSU for BTT standings...while also has ncaa implications we have beat PSU twice

agree, i have no idea why people are rooting for Michigan
I want an easier path in the B1G tournament and avoid Purdue is why I'd prefer Michigan winning over Indiana.

I'd rather avoid Purdue till the finals or avoid Iowa or Purdue in the quarterfinals from a 7/10 or 8/9.

Illinois loss doesn't guarantee getting out of 8/9 and getting a 6/7 with an Iowa win or loss.

Indiana loss guarantees a 6 or 7, no matter any other result, that's how bad their tiebreakers are.

With Purdue and Maryland leading,
Best case is Rutgers wins, Michigan wins, Iowa loses or wins

Iowa loses
1) Purdue 2) Maryland 3) Michigan 4) MSU
8/9) ILL/IND 7) Rutgers 6) NW 5) Iowa
2,3,6,7 very favorable

Iowa wins
1) Purdue 2) Iowa 3) Maryland 4) Michigan
8/9) ILL/IND 7) NW 6) Rutgers 5) MSU
2,3,6,7 very favorable to avoid Iowa till semis

Either is a good bracket for us.

Last edited:
I want an easier path in the B1G tournament and avoid Purdue is why I'd prefer Michigan winning over Indiana.

I'd rather avoid Purdue till the finals and avoid Iowa or Purdue in the quarterfinals from a 7/10 or 8/9.

Illinois loss doesn't guarantee it getting out of 6/7 with an Iowa win or loss.

Indiana loss guarantees a 6 or 7, no matter any other result.

Iowa loses
2,3,6,7 very favorable

Iowa wins
8/9) IND/ILL 7) NW 6) Rutgers 5) MSU

Nope

I'd rather avoid Purdue till the finals and avoid Iowa or Purdue in the quarterfinals from a 7/10 or 8/9.

Illinois loss doesn't guarantee getting out of 8/9 and getting a 6/7 with an Iowa win or loss.

Indiana loss guarantees a 6 or 7, no matter any other result, that's how bad their tiebreaker are.

Iowa loses
2,3,6,7 very favorable

Iowa wins
8/9) IND/ILL 7) NW 6) Rutgers 5) MSU

Id like the best outcomes to secure a ncaa bid

Win vs NW today handles that, but I'd rather not play NW again on Thursday in Chicago so close together in the tournament. I'd rather play a 10, 11, or 14 seed on Thursday
I rather make NCAAs like Bac said…if we play NW again it’s not bad W/L

So where are we now with early games over?
We want Iowa to beat Nebby (halftime right now. If we win tonight that puts us 6th, highest possible finish. Indiana-Mich won’t matter.

Other scenario is if Neb wins, then we need Michigan to win for us winning to bump us to 6th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT