ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers falls to Mississippi St. 70-60 in Gotham Classic

Holy Sh*t, Simpson is beyond words bad. 2-13. Who told this kid to take 13 shots?
No matter how cold some guys on the team get they continue to have the green light to keep throwing up misses. I don’t get it. Today it was Derek and PART of the reason we had no shot to get back into this game

Reactions: koleszar
No matter how cold some guys on the team get they continue to have the green light to keep throwing up misses. I don’t get it. Today it was Derek and PART of the reason we had no shot to get back into this game
Because there’s only one guy who isn’t cold. “Only Hyatt can shoot” isn’t a viable strategy. You can’t strategize your way out of missing every shot.

Can the team force some players into the portal? Some guys I know I don’t want to see around next year screwing things up when they actually have some talent coming in.

This will be a problem all season moving forward.

****ing awful, and there is no path to improving that stat rest of season. Today was really bad in the rebounding battle, but most games they are going to lose rebounding battle.

Reactions: RU MAN
No. He’s playing great defense and in a major shooting slump. I doubt he will be some all-time great but major recruiting miss is a huge exaggeration.

He wasn’t a huge recruit so we are basically getting what was expected of him out of HS

However before this season (after a DECENT first year) IMHO he was certainly overhyped - eg,, one expert citing him as one of his national “breakout players”.

thus rather than saying he was a “major recruiting miss” I think it certainly could be said that he hasn’t lived up to the hype heading into this year

FWIW I never understood the hype - not sure what people were seeing when they said he could be a star.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
****ing awful, and there is no path to improving that stat rest of season. Today was really bad in the rebounding battle, but most games they are going to lose rebounding battle.
Not only bad in rebounding but we got bullied today by men vs boys.

Reactions: RAC93
Can the team force some players into the portal? Some guys I know I don’t want to see around next year screwing things up when they actually have some talent coming in.
We did….and then we brought one back and put him in the rotation. What does that tell you?

No. He’s playing great defense and in a major shooting slump. I doubt he will be some all-time great but major recruiting miss is a huge exaggeration.

He’s not a major recruiting miss, but HE IS a disappointing sophomore. He still looks like a Freshman and does not show much of any progress. JMike already looks better than him.

Reactions: RedTeam1994
We did….and then we brought one back and put him in the rotation. What does that tell you?

Tells me these current guys suck and we need as little of them around next season. Bring in the new blood and let them play. If Simpson transfers out because Dylan and JMike are getting bulk of minutes then so be it.

SHU blowout win over #5 UConn
Rutgers blowout loss.

This week at Prudential has sucked.
Devils better win tonight or I'm not coming back here for a while.

As much as I appreciate the seniors, fanbase is very close to writing the year off as a complete loss already, which is a sad way to see cliff and Hyatt go out

Tells me these current guys suck and we need as little of them around next season. Bring in the new blood and let them play. If Simpson transfers out because Dylan and JMike are getting bulk of minutes then so be it.
I agree but it tells you outside of Griffiths Pike struck out this past off season. The idea was to replace Palmquist and Reiber with better players and that didn’t happen. We asked Palmquist to come back and replaced Reiber with no one.

Not a bad effort. They just are not a tough team. They can be easily pushed around. Miss St. just toyed with them in the second half.

What did you watch? The effort was awful, Cliff had ZERO rebounds……REBOUNDING IS ALL ABOUT EFFORT….come on man

Reactions: Mr Magoo
My instant reaction is we will be lucky to get to 14 wins this year. Simpson just isn't a P4 player. Too small to get good shots in traffic and a poor outside shooter. And Cliff is nothing more than a rim protector. No offensive game and a below avg rebounder. Hyatt is the only consistent offensive threat on the team and it shows with lengthy scoring droughts in every game.
It was men against boys on the court today. Miss St has way more talent and size.

What did you watch? The effort was awful, Cliff had ZERO rebounds……REBOUNDING IS ALL ABOUT EFFORT….come on man
Miss St. was pushing Cliff and others around all game. Its like fighting someone twice your size and getting beaten up. You may have effort but it ain't gonna show when the other guy is just beating your butt down.

We have two of the top three recruits next year. This has to be the laziest trolling ever.
No trolling, I’ve been a fan since ‘83. Are you won of the people who this summer said this was going to be our best team ever? This team sucks. Fact, we’ve done nothing but get worse since March 2021. I have hope for next year but if you look at the last few programs to land two top five recruits in a given year, they don’t do so well. The last one was Kentucky who had a full team of 4 and 5 star players. We will have very little to support Ace and Dylan. Warning, don’t expect the world. It’s a team sport it takes a talented ROSTER and good coaching

My instant reaction is we will be lucky to get to 14 wins this year. Simpson just isn't a P4 player. Too small to get good shots in traffic and a poor outside shooter. And Cliff is nothing more than a rim protector. No offensive game and a below avg rebounder. Hyatt is the only consistent offensive threat on the team and it shows with lengthy scoring droughts in every game.
It was men against boys on the court today. Miss St has way more talent and size.
Agree with you. We are not a good and MSU is. Lucky to only lose by 10. When MSU gets their best player back, they can do some damage in March.

Reactions: darkcheck
I think MSU gave him a couple shots so he would keep shooting . . .
Simpson kept shooting because the other players on the court don't seem to have the skillset to create shots off the dribble.Simpson can create shots but his accuracy is lacking.

Simpson kept shooting because the other players on the court don't seem to have the skillset to create shots off the dribble.Simpson can create shots but his accuracy is lacking.
He forces too many contested shots. In fairness our offensive sets, schemes and movement SUCK

Cliff has about as much chance of making it in the NBA as Wimsatt has of being drafted by the ,NFL

Reactions: FastMJ
Miss St. was pushing Cliff and others around all game. Its like fighting someone twice your size and getting beaten up. You may have effort but it ain't gonna show when the other guy is just beating your butt down.

If Cliff is as of high a quality player as it is claimed he is, then you fight through that and find a way. How do you think Dennis Rodman got rebounds? From his superior height? I don’t think so, it was effort. Cliff is far too inconsistent at this point in his career and lacking in toughness and effort. You can not excuse ZERO REBOUNDS…..once again, come on man……get 5 at least, shit go get three of them even……wtf

Just because you think you're a good shooter doesn't mean you are.

Reactions: biazza38
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT