ADVERTISEMENT

March MatNess is ON ! NCAA Wrestling Tourney Thread :

Ash is POSSESSED!!! Meats Heil in semis!! Down goes Kevin Jack to meredith again on other side of bracket!! LFG ASH U CAN B A NATIONAL CHAMP!!

141- Woo hoo !!! Ashnault wins 6-2 !

and Kevin Jack gets upset ! Ashnault has a real good shot now for NATIONAL CHAMPION !
?? Jack is in the bottom bracket. He needs to beat the #1 seed.

141- Woo hoo !!! Ashnault wins 6-2 !

and Kevin Jack gets upset ! Ashnault has a real good shot now for NATIONAL CHAMPION !
Ash's final will be tonight's semi vs Heil . If he wins that I really like his chances to be champ!!

WOW. Gotta say i loved the confidence shown by the Princeton kid going in. What wrestler shouldnt feel that way? But it makes the win sweeter for sure. Great job Ash

Theobold wrestled nothing like the last match. I don't understand why he kept trying to sit out in the 2nd period.

149 Final -Theobold loses 5-1 to freshman Thomsen (who he beat 8-1 earlier). Theo can still AA with a win in the wrestlbacks.

Ash looked great & dominated.

Disappointing result by Theo, as he needed to be more aggressive looking to score on his feet, but Thomsen was very strong, as evidenced by riding out Theo.

?? Jack is in the bottom bracket. He needs to beat the #1 seed.
Ash can beat Jack ... Important thing is ASH won and advanced ... To be champ, he should compete against the best ... Time to shine!!!!

Ash looked great & dominated.

Disappointing result by Theo, as he needed to be more aggressive looking to score on his feet, but Thomsen was very strong, as evidenced by riding out Theo.
I feel like this a lot. The wrestler we are up against is stronger. I didn't feel Theo had a shot.

Ash can beat Jack ... Important thing is ASH won and advanced ... To be champ, he should compete against the best ... Time to shine!!!!

Jack lost to Bryce Meredith. Ash will wrestle Dean Heil tonight (who he lost to in the semis last season). If he wins, he'll face the winner of DiCamillo vs. Meredith in the national championship on Saturday night.

157 | No. 13 John Van Brill is on deck on Mat 2 against No. 14 Sal Mastriani (VT).

149 Final -Theobold loses 5-1 to freshman Thomsen (who he beat 8-1 earlier). Theo can still AA with a win in the wrestlbacks.
Disappointing as I wanted him to make a run to the finals and he beat the guy before ... But hey he beat the #2 seed and only needs one more win to be AA!

The bad news about Jack losing is if Ashnault loses tonight he will likely have to wrestle Jack in his first wrestle back match. Hopefully Ash can pull off the upset tonight, but Heil is damn hard to score on. He is a great defensive wrestler who will punish Ash for sloppy shots. Ash has got to pick his spots carefully tonight.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT