ADVERTISEMENT

March MatNess is ON ! NCAA Wrestling Tourney Thread :

157 Final- Van Brill loses by Major to Mastriani. Man, what the heck happened to JVB the 2nd half of the season? Had a very good first half, then went downhill fast.

I feel like this a lot. The wrestler we are up against is stronger. I didn't feel Theo had a shot.
PRoblem is Theo is the strongest wrestler on the team pound for pound. More disappointed that he has the experience of being a senior and lost to a freshman. I am watching UM and they have 3 freshman in the qtrs and will just get better and better. I am very proud of where we came from and where we are but we really need to get those HS studs that will be in the Qtrs early in their careers like Ash.

The bad news about Jack losing is if Ashnault loses tonight he will likely have to wrestle Jack in his first wrestle back match. Hopefully Ash can pull off the upset tonight, but Heil is damn hard to score on. He is a great defensive wrestler who will punish Ash for sloppy shots. Ash has got to pick his spots carefully tonight.
Was hoping he beat Heil tonight (the best based on ranking) and seal the deal against Jack, so a little disappointed. But if Ash wins it all, it really doesn't matter!!! Two more!!!!!!

174- End 1, Pagano losing 2-0 plus the RT

Bernstein from Voorhees HS in Hunterdon County

Pagano does realize the object is to get out from bottom right? He's done absolutely nothing this entire match thus far. Over 4 1/2 mins. of riding time? Really

Last edited:
184 | Nicholas Gravina is on deck on Mat 1 against No. 13 Bryce Carr (CHAT).

184- Gravina losing 2-0. ugh. right at the buzzer. Nick needs to attach the legs instead of just trying to muscle guys up top.

184- Gravina losing 2-0. ugh. right at the buzzer. Nick needs to attach the legs instead of just trying to muscle guys up top.
With a shoulder injury its tough to attack the legs. If you get sprawled on that shoulder its a lot of pressure and likely to dislocate that shoulder again. I think the upperbody strategy is intentional due to past injuries on Gravinas part. It sucks, but hopefully he gets the shoulder right for next year.

Reactions: rondi
Yes Gravina with the pin. Hey Abro what was the 1pt penalty Gravina gave up for. The announcer was too busy talking about other matches to mention it.

Reactions: Abro1975
Yes Gravina with the pin. Hey Abro what was the 1pt penalty Gravina gave up for. The announcer was too busy talking about other matches to mention it.

I missed that point as well. Was texting w my wife who is at Morristown Hospital as her mom had surgery today. I told her I'll come pick her up AFTER morning session, lol. Leaving soon, be back for Happy Hour then Session 4 !

I missed that point as well. Was texting w my wife who is at Morristown Hospital as her mom had surgery today. I told her I'll come pick her up AFTER morning session, lol. Leaving soon, be back for Happy Hour then Session 4 !
My prayers go out to your family. Hope everything went well with the surgery. You do know your probably never going to hear the end of it for that move.[laughing]

Tonight Session 4 :

141- 4 seed Anthony Ashnualt vs 1 Seed Dean Heil , winner advances to finals !

133- Scott DelVecchio vs Josh Alba, UNI. wrestlebacks. Del needs 2 more wins to AA. Winner faces 5 seed Micic

149- 15 seed Ken Theobold vs winner of Bannister/Crone wrestleback. Theo makes AA w a victory.

184- Nick Gravina vs Hunter Gamble wrestleback. Nick needs 2 more wins to make AA. Winner gets 4 seed Dudley , Nebraska

Reactions: KidDagger
Theo is wrestling again in this session, not tonight correct?

Huge win for Delvechio. One win away right? He fought his ass off for that.

Tonight Session 4 :

141- 4 seed Anthony Ashnualt vs 1 Seed Dean Heil , winner advances to finals !

133- Scott DelVecchio vs Josh Alba, UNI. wrestlebacks. Del needs 2 more wins to AA. Winner faces 5 seed Micic

149- 15 seed Ken Theobold vs winner of Bannister/Crone wrestleback. Theo makes AA w a victory.

184- Nick Gravina vs Hunter Gamble wrestleback. Nick needs 2 more wins to make AA. Winner gets 4 seed Dudley , Nebraska

I think DelVecchio gets #7 Montoya from Nebraska, not Micic.

After 3 Sessions:

1.Penn State 73.5
2. Iowa 57.5
2. Ohio State 57.5
4. Oklahoma State 47.0
5. Cornell 44.5
6. Missouri 43.5
7. Minnesota 37.0
8. Virginia Tech 34.5
9. Wisconsin 28.5
10. Nebraska 26.0
11. Lehigh 24.0
12. Virginia 22.5
13. Illinois 22.0
14. Arizona State 21.0
15. Northern Iowa 19.5
16. Central Michigan 19.0
17. Rutgers 17.5
18. Michigan 17.0
18. South Dakota State 17.0
20. Edinboro 16.0
20. Wyoming 16.0
22. Oregon State 12.5
23. NC State 12.0
24. Rider 11.0
25. Old Dominion 10.0
25. Princeton 10.0

Rider comes back to earth. If Ashnault could sneak into the finals and if we could pull off 1 more AA, we could end up finishing up in top 15.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT