ADVERTISEMENT

March MatNess is ON ! NCAA Wrestling Tourney Thread :

184- Gravina winning 6-3 , mid 2nd period. Mat 3
Crone knocked off Bannister

So
133 Delvecchio vs. Montoya (7). Montoya beat Delvecchio in the nebraska dual match
149 Theo vs. Crone (US). Never met before.
184 Gravina vs. Dudley (7). Gravina beat Dudley 3-2 in a dual match, and Dudley beat Gravina at the B1G tourney last year 8-2.

This is it boys...go big or go home

So
133 Delvecchio vs. Montoya (7). Montoya beat Delvecchio in the nebraska dual match
149 Theo vs. Crone (US). Never met before.
184 Gravina vs. Dudley (7). Gravina beat Dudley 3-2 in a dual match, and Dudley beat Gravina at the B1G tourney last year 8-2.

This is it boys...go big or go home
Can we get 1 more AA at least? I think we have a shot against all 3 Blood Round opponents.

What are the "places" we are still going for beside Anthony who can still get 1st ... is it a bracket like the B1Gs? ie a 3rd place match a 5th place match etc.

What are the "places" we are still going for beside Anthony who can still get 1st ... is it a bracket like the B1Gs? ie a 3rd place match a 5th place match etc.

The three in the consolation bracket can wrestle back to 3rd, one win to guarantee 7/8 match, 2 wins to guarantee 5/6 match and three wins to be in 3/4 match.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Montoya trailed No. 17 Scott DelVecchio, 4-1, in the second period before a pair of takedowns gave him a 7-4 win

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Hey guys,

Appreciate all of the updates and commentary as always. I know it's happening tonight, but does anyone have a rough idea of what time? Thanks

“It was a monster day for us,” Goodale said. “Ashnault’s win was huge. We knew Anthony and Kenny were going, but to have DelVecchio and Gravina fight back and win two, that’s huge for our program and is great for our guys. It shows a lot of character. It’s a tough thing to wrestle back at this tournament, so we’re excited."

http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/m-wrestl/recaps/031717aab.html

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/...estling_get_4_all-ame.html#incart_river_index

"Rutgers has an opportunity to have an unprecedented four All-Americans -- including a national finalist -- thanks to 141-pounder Anthony Ashnault's dominance and the out-of-the-spotlight work done Friday morning by 133-pounder Scott DelVecchio and 184-pounder Nicholas Gravina.

"We need a champ," Goodale said. "That's what we're chasing right now. It's a hell of a morning. But it's part of that roller-coaster. We're high, and now we've got to keep it there and stay on top of that mountain. Tonight is important. Anything can happen. We're trying to punch all three through and get a finalist."

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Just my luck, my daughter is in the High School Musical tonight so I will miss the semi's and blood round. I will DVR it but no way I will not be peeking at my phone during the show.

Already told my wife if Ashnault makes the finals I am not going to the show tomorrow.

For the newbies, tonight's round will be on 6 mats. You will have the "Blood round" on mats 1, 2 ,5 and 6. The Semi's will be on 3 and 4. As mentioned before my favorite round of the tournament, especially when you are watching live at the event, which I am not at this year because did I mention I have a high school play to go to. No I'm not mad at all. LOL.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/...estling_get_4_all-ame.html#incart_river_index

"Rutgers has an opportunity to have an unprecedented four All-Americans -- including a national finalist -- thanks to 141-pounder Anthony Ashnault's dominance and the out-of-the-spotlight work done Friday morning by 133-pounder Scott DelVecchio and 184-pounder Nicholas Gravina.

"We need a champ," Goodale said. "That's what we're chasing right now. It's a hell of a morning. But it's part of that roller-coaster. We're high, and now we've got to keep it there and stay on top of that mountain. Tonight is important. Anything can happen. We're trying to punch all three through and get a finalist."

Have not been posting today much, just watching!!! But Del and Gravina really grinded thru the wrestle backs! As you know, huge fan and friend of AA and really hope he solves the Heil style. I really feel RU will get two of the 3 blood round victories and RU will break thru with 3 All Americans! Of course if Anthony makes the finals that will make whatever happens in the blood round forgotten!!
Also, a lot of RU fans think RU gets mostly bad publicity, but Jim Gibbons loves RU and is always praising the team, the fans and the RAC. He is my new favorite announcer!! Lets go Anthony!!!!!

Just my luck, my daughter is in the High School Musical tonight so I will miss the semi's and blood round. I will DVR it but no way I will not be peeking at my phone during the show.

Already told my wife if Ashnault makes the finals I am not going to the show tomorrow.

Bring your IPhone, you can watch the big Ashnault- Heil match and put it on mute. Or bring earbuds ,lol. OR, try not to find out results and watch replays on ESPN3/watch/app etc when you get home. I just rewatched the full Ashnault - Kolodzik match for the 3rd time, lol. What a great app .

Bring your IPhone, you can watch the big Ashnault- Heil match and put it on mute. Or bring earbuds ,lol. OR, try not to find out results and watch replays on ESPN3/watch/app etc when you get home. I just rewatched the full Ashnault - Kolodzik match for the 3rd time, lol. What a great app .
It's on ESPN. Would think they have a dual screen. DVR the show. Enjoy. $$$$

Which is a great idea until he screams out and fist pumps when Ashnault wins!!

Have not been posting today much, just watching!!! But Del and Gravina really grinded thru the wrestle backs! As you know, huge fan and friend of AA and really hope he solves the Heil style. I really feel RU will get two of the 3 blood round victories and RU will break thru with 3 All Americans! Of course if Anthony makes the finals that will make whatever happens in the blood round forgotten!!
Also, a lot of RU fans think RU gets mostly bad publicity, but Jim Gibbons loves RU and is always praising the team, the fans and the RAC. He is my new favorite announcer!! Lets go Anthony!!!!!

Are you guys ready for this? The best night of wrestling all year!

Oh Yeah, watching blood round on laptop and semis on TV..i think I will watch ashnaults match on computer

HOLY Smokes Gilman goes down

DelVecchio looks worn out. Then he comes alive in the last minute. I just don't get it.

Fvck I knew it both our wrestlers are going to go at the same time.

Ok ... Delvecchio lost 8-5 and was unseeded ... Motivation for next year ... Theo up 7-0 ... And it's ASH time!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT