ADVERTISEMENT

Most hated B1G player

Ironically, I think HC McCaffrey is a jerk but his players overall seem like OK guys. The Bohanon-Geo friendship may make me biased.

Conversely, I have a ton of respect for Painter but his players rub me the wrong way - Stefanovic, Edey, and Ivey.

Oh, and Curbelo sucks!

is Luka Garza still an option? Because he is high on my list..........
What will your friends on the Iowa board say when they read this?!?!?!

Paul's headband probably contributes to the hate. And yet if he was on Illinois or Northwestern or (fill in the blank), every B1G fanbase would love having him on their squad, and we might hate him.

Young to me is more of a blue collar guy. I actually like him as opposed to the big smirker preppy chicken winged dorkasaurus up north. Plus i dislike Howard and that whole university and their fans.

Paul has reached draymond status to the point that if you asked him he may say he’s never committed a foul lol

If you don’t already, pay attention to Paul’s reaction when he get called for a foul…it’s one of my favorite parts of our games. His reactions are incredulous he complains about 99% of the calls demonstrably haha.

The fact that he won the sportsmanship award was borderline hilarious
He also seems to talk quite a bit of shit on the floor. I also found the sportsmanship award to be pretty funny.

Reactions: gregkoko and RUsojo
For whatever reason, this question was much easily answered when we were in the Big East. No shortage of them there. For current B1G, I’d go Edey or Bohannon

Told someone in my office who is a Wisconsin fan about this thread. They said Mulcahy for sure. They called him dirty(i corrected with aggressive) and they cited the headband also. That headband triggers people

Last edited:
People see ordinary looking white guys and don't think they should be good. When they are it pisses them off.
Some years ago, maybe in the 90’s, our student section had the awful habit of picking out an opposition white guy and yelling “dork” every time the selected guy had the ball. This lasted a couple seasons.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Some years ago, maybe in the 90’s, our student section had the awful habit of picking out an opposition white guy and yelling “dork” every time the selected guy had the ball. This lasted a couple seasons.
Yup, we did that, although it didn't have to be a white guy.

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
Funnier yet was when we played one team, don't remember who, that had a white player with tight curly hair.....every time he touched the ball the student section would yell out
"screeeeeeech", a reference to the fella on "saved by the bell"

Last edited:
I have good friends from Illinois and was shocked to hear last year and this year how hated Paul was . I do not remember him ever doing anything dirty like Davidson does every game , so it was surprising. Davidson is # 1 across all fan bases because of his borderline dirty plays . But a good list has been mentioned here with Hunter Dickinson with his chirping constantly and his elbows and crying for fouls . We need some poster dunks of Cliff into Dickinson ‘s face in the rematch.
It’s his headband

RHJ wears a headband too. Let's be real. It's because he's white and he's good. Same with Davison. Same with Dickinson. Same with Garza.
Mulcahy plays chippy and you will definitely hate his guts if he's on the other team. He does all the little things that will get under an opponents skin, which I love. I'm glad he's on our side lolol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT