ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Myles Johnson is in the transfer portal

Pike has not really re-recruited his own players with much success so I was not anticipating anyone with eligibility coming back.

Cliff will replace Myles no problem next year so I’m not too bothered by this at all. As long as Myles doesn’t go somewhere stupid which there is no reason to believe he would.

Pike has not really re-recruited his own players with much success so I was not anticipating anyone with eligibility coming back.

Cliff will replace Myles no problem next year so I’m not too bothered by this at all. As long as Myles doesn’t go somewhere stupid which there is no reason to believe he would.

How many Big Ten starters have announced they're coming back?

Reactions: kyleman4

somewhat agree with you on this. Myles was basically a zero on offense whether it was feeding to the post or as a decoy. Cliff has the offensive skills but is going to need to bulk up. I am very interested in seeing his progression. Its the rebounding that I am worried about but RU can land a Harrar and now that becomes easier with Myles gone. We can offer plenty of playing time for a big. Pike has to start recruiting another big guy that is for sure.

Reactions: GORU2014

are we really going to blame pikiell that Myles graduated in three years and happened to grow up on the total opposite side of the country with great academic institutions down the street? Not everything that happens needs to be a bash pikiell moment.

on the other hand Myles provides nothing on offense, so its 4 vs 5. So to me I do not mind accelerating the timeline here to get this team better offensively.
Cliff has a lot of work to do if he’s gonna single-handedly raise our team’s offensive profile. I’ll agree the potential is there (I think Oturu would be best case scenario) but he’s yet to flash much beyond lobs/putbacks

Not surprised at all. I am curious where he ends up but I’m not so certain this will be driven by academics alone like many seem to think

Reactions: RW90
Cliff has a lot of work to do if he’s gonna single-handedly raise our team’s offensive profile. I’ll agree the potential is there (I think Oturu would be best case scenario) but he’s yet to flash much beyond lobs/putbacks

its just going to change things from the stagnation we saw this year, remember Cliff was thrown in without any time to develop in the non conference. Ive seen better offensive skills from him than I ever did from Myles. Yes I dont want to downplay, losing Myles is a loss for the force he was defensively and in rebounding. I look at it as an opportunity to give this program a shakeup that it probably needs. We have guys on the bench and we likely will have guys in the portal. You tinker and mold a new team

Reactions: BillyC80
are we really going to blame pikiell that Myles graduated in three years and happened to grow up on the total opposite side of the country with great academic institutions down the street? Not everything that happens needs to be a bash pikiell moment.

Technically he graduated in 4 years. He redshirted his first year

Not surprised at all. I am curious where he ends up but I’m not so certain this will be driven by academics alone like many seem to think

UCLA? Stanford? The Pac 12 may good now but Myles physical play with little post moves doesnt seem like a great fit there.

Cliff needs to develop quite a bit to be an adequate replacement for Myles. He’s not there yet. Not close.

At least he gave us team for Pike to work the portal. I like Harrar a lot but I think he winds up in a higher profile program.

on the other hand Myles provides nothing on offense, so its 4 vs 5. So to me I do not mind accelerating the timeline here to get this team better offensively.

Our offense worked better with Johnson on the floor than off the floor, whether or not he himself was averaging double digits.

Wish him the best of luck - door is still open if he chooses not to leave!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT