ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA now considering MSG a HOME game

What does that have to do with anything? I'm confused why you or any RU fan is okay with this

It’s our overall body of work that impacts seeding…not one specific q1 or q2 win or loss. That’s what those other two games have to do with seeding

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Not sure what this means. You think the East Regional is restricted to teams that don't have (checks notes) a high Q3 neutral loss and a home Q2 loss to a school with a NET better than 60?

I’m just saying those losses will have a much bigger impact on our seeding than this change will

I’m just saying those losses will have a much bigger impact on our seeding than this change will
No kidding lol. As will our win at Mackey. Not sure how any of that is relevant to the NCAA screwing us out of a Q1 game. If you think that's no big deal then ok. I guess we'll see.

No kidding lol. As will our win at Mackey. Not sure how any of that is relevant to the NCAA screwing us out of a Q1 game. If you think that's no big deal then ok. I guess we'll see.

Everyone is acting like this game is MAKE or BREAK where we’re playing in the Tourny. It won’t be. Relax.

There’s no vendetta against us…we’ll be placed where we’re deserved come March.

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004
3+ games at the same site is the rule so the only team in America that can't be in the east regional is St John's
Just to expand on it...teams can't play in a venue where they've played 4 or more regular season games, or a venue in which they are hosting (final 4 excluded). So, you'll see a team like Villanova manipulate their games at Wells Fargo Center in years where it's a host to make sure they haven't played more than 3 games. St John's might have tried something similar this season with MSG (especially since they play only 4 games there), except that they are hosting it, so they were ineligible to play there regardless of their schedule.

This is a good site to lay out all of the nuances of the bracketing process (note that my bookmark still from last year, as I haven't gone looking for this year's yet)...

here is the deal, we shouldnt be finding this out just days before...SOMEONE MESSED UP HERE
Ultimately won't effect the outcome of the game. However it could give our guys a little more juice and motivation on top of this being a revenge game to begin with.

With that said, I hope they let us know this when we initially agreed to it. And further if this is what they're saying moving forward we should tell the big ten we will never play at the garden again

There is no upside to this move.

And if we lose, going into the next 2 difficult away games could set us up for a 3 game losing streak. Not a good look.

I hate everything about this. Now even more.

There is no upside to this move.

And if we lose, going into the next 2 difficult away games could set us up for a 3 game losing streak. Not a good look.

I hate everything about this. Now even more.

Kids and team love it….so that’s all that matters!

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers56
It is bullshit BUT let’s hope that heads with more common sense - with plenty of factual evidence to show in our favor - that this gets flipped back to “neutral” before all is said-and-done.

Reactions: Scarlet83
OBVIOUSLY it doesn’t affect the game itself. How could you possible think this is what anyone means? It affects the credit we get for the game, win or lose.

A poster alluded to the fact we shouldn’t have found this out now. IMO doesn’t matter when we found out since it has no impact on game.

Furthermore, if it's a home game the introductions better reflect that. Lights FULLY on for MSU's starting lineup. Lights off, spotlight on and our home intro for when our guys get announced
Yup. Bring our PA guy along too.

And in all seriousness, there better not be MSU fans on the jumbotron.

For anyone who went to the Michigan game at MSG in 2020, they went back and forth between rowdy Rutgers fans (to cheers) to cute kids in Michigan gear (to boos).

It felt like a neutral game with a decent contingent of Wolverines.

We'll see if this is any different but I won't hold my breath.

here is the deal, we shouldnt be finding this out just days before...SOMEONE MESSED UP HERE
They made the announcement for the PSU game at the Palestra after the game that it was a home game for them, so it’s not an RU thing.

If this is, in fact, a change and it was considered neutral until today (which I don't know is true) then I want someone in the media to investigate what the process for making this change was made only 48 hours before tip. Who or what prompted someone at the NCAA to revisit this? Did Michigan State contact the NCAA? If not, who did? Have they ever done this 48 hours before tip before and what was it? When they talk about NCAA resumes and seeding they always talk about Quad 1 wins first. This will now not be a Quad 1 win but it would be for Michigan State. The difference in seeding has all sort of implications for both. For example, given our weak remaining conference schedule, we could conceivably go on a run and compete for #4 NCAA seed. When it comes to where teams play in the tournament, seeds thru #4 have priority for being placed close to home. That means the difference between playing at Albany and potentially MSG and travelling to Boise, Idaho or something. We already got cheated out of 1 Quad 1 win at Ohio State and this could be a second. Still pissed.

If this is, in fact, a change and it was considered neutral until today (which I don't know is true) then I want someone in the media to investigate what the process for making this change was made only 48 hours before tip. Who or what prompted someone at the NCAA to revisit this? Did Michigan State contact the NCAA? If not, who did? Have they ever done this 48 hours before tip before and what was it? When they talk about NCAA resumes and seeding they always talk about Quad 1 wins first. This will now not be a Quad 1 win but it would be for Michigan State. The difference in seeding has all sort of implications for both. For example, given our weak remaining conference schedule, we could conceivably go on a run and compete for #4 NCAA seed. When it comes to where teams play in the tournament, seeds thru #4 have priority for being placed close to home. That means the difference between playing at Albany and potentially MSG and travelling to Boise, Idaho or something. We already got cheated out of 1 Quad 1 win at Ohio State and this could be a second. Still pissed.
As alluded to earlier in the thread..they changed the PSU-Purdue from neutral to home AFTER the game was played.

A week ago this thread was full of complaints about playing on a neutral court. Now all the sudden neutral court matters……..sigh.

Again, let’s just win. We wanna prove we’re a top 25 team? We shouldn’t have an issue winning wherever we play. If this is an issue….we ain’t too 25
I’ve been consistently pro-MSG game until now so you’re making an inaccurate comparison in this case

Reactions: Scarlet83
That’s not the issue at all and if it was it’s considered our home court. Lose lose. Quad 1 v Quad 2. Lesser seed in tourney?
I have no idea what you mean, it’s pretty much the only issue here unless anyone was complaining about a longer commute to the game

As alluded to earlier in the thread..they changed the PSU-Purdue from neutral to home AFTER the game was played.
That was 100% a Penn State home game. Any ruling to the contrary would've been a travesty. I don't understand the process for doing this. Why would they possibly wait until 48 hours before or after to make a decision? Makes no sense.

Reactions: bac2therac
That was 100% a Penn State home game. Any ruling to the contrary would've been a travesty. I don't understand the process for doing this. Why would they possibly wait until 48 hours before or after to make a decision? Makes no sense.

Please see the new thread I started. Saturday is 100% an RU home game per NCAA policies written in handbook.

Shoujd put an end to any conspiracy’s the conference is screwing rutgers

Seeding? Imagine we end up being the best 6 seed and end up in Des Moines instead of a 2-3 hour drive up to Albany as a 5 seed because of this.

It's an absurd decision that is inconsistent with similar games all over the country this season.
If we can’t win at the Garden, what difference does it make if they put us on the road. The value of getting a high seed for us is to get a shot to play in the Garden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT