ADVERTISEMENT

No. 16 Rutgers Wrestling Treks to No. 1 Penn State for Sunday Dual / Match Thread

This is a ridiculous take. So he can’t celebrate because he’s too good? These guys put thousands of hours into their craft. They can do whatever they want when they win.
Rid
This is a ridiculous take. So he can’t celebrate because he’s too good? These guys put thousands of hours into their craft. They can do whatever they want when they win.
Watch seb. Or Brooks’s called sportsmanship. Other kids got thousands of hours in too.

True, but it’s also not like Ferrari is a nobody either. The point is there is always going to be a top guy somewhere. You redshirt to avoid one guy and then another one will pop up. It’s rare that you get a weight class that doesn’t have at least one standout with multi champ potential. If Poz or whoever is ready to compete now, let him wrestle. It can’t be easy to sit on the sidelines.
So true… look at 174… Cstar ... 184 brooks.. 197.. ferrarri.. all 4-5x potential… someone rs to avoid one of them and another year another top guy will just emerge.. gotta beat the best to be the best…. Wooooooo!!

Oh dude... just go get a job working for Penn State Wrestling washing jocks already.Geesh!
Just giving everyone the opportunity to see what you call a "d!ck."

Aren't you the one that tried to claim Bulsak was a better wrestler, because Dean's dad gave his kids more opportunities than Bulsak had? Funny, I always thought the better wrestler was the one who won the match. But, please, with your wrestling pedigree, tell us how Bulsak was the better wrestler yesterday.

Bulsak might do more with less, but that doesn't make him the better wrestler.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Enough with the childish nonsense. Back to Poz... To me, he has looked big and imposing until I saw him yesterday against Brooks. Unless it was my TV, Brooks appeared so much bigger that I might have thought he was a 197 guy. Someone mentioned the possibility of him going 197 and that could be a real possibility. I'm not in favor of redshirting Poz but surprised no one has acknowledged it would make a spot for Soldano. I think Soldano will be ready on day one, much like Poz. And then there is also Casale coming in. I don't see anything opening up for Janzer.

I had thought there was a possibility that Poz could pull an upset - then I saw the match and realized how much a gap still exists. I also thought Shawver might pull it off and he almost did. He has been great this year and has lots of potential. I don't think Peterson is a given next year at 125 or 133. If he ever gets healthy, he'll have two years out of competition to come back from.

I also thought Shawver might pull it off and he almost did. He has been great this year and has lots of potential.
Shawver going to surprise some people come NCAA's..don't think he'll make podium but wouldn't be surprised to see him in bloodround.

Poz is GREAT..Brooks is a different beast. Brooks biggest test will be this Friday against Amine.

Rivera can do it his way. Starocci can do it his way. They can both exist.
Like you..I truly don't care what these kids do. That being said RU Crackers and Ru Diesel both claimed Starocci did some type of showboating and that's just not the case. Pawrestling put the clip up for anyone to see the match..

It's just weird to me. As a PSU fan, I expected SeaBass to ragdoll Merideth. I expected the same with Carter. Both did their best to get pins, but a tech is the next best thing. They did what they needed to do against inferior opponents. just don't get the "d!ck" comments about Starocci from this match.

Reactions: 4382 and PSUer1989
At Cornell every kid except Yanni takes a grey shirt year at finger lakes CC before starting. It’s not a bad way to transition into NCAA. Remember, of these kids reclassed before HS so had extra year of physical development. Poz didn’t. He’s very young. I’ve followed his career and he gets steadily better every year since youth. IMO, a RS year for him is not bad idea and likely give him best chance to stand on top.

I'm actually teaching a class this semester that might suit you. It's called:: "sit and spin 101". I'm sure you'll ace that class
No shock your teaching the class with all the practice you've 🤣😂 . And just because you were good at wrestling doesn't mean you know what your talking about. You ever watch the NFL lot of those coaches never played in the NFL yet they coach at the highest level

To me the extra pushing out of bounds, elbow to the neck, dancing, shuffling wasn’t needed. Not the worst thing in the world but when your a heavy fav doesn’t sit rite. Go back and check posts other posted same thing It wasn’t something you had to look for just could see he was overboard.

Ashnault one time held up 10 fingers at the Princeton coaches and fired finger guns at the Oklahoma State bench. No one thinks any less of him for it. Let the kids have their fun.

What I came over here to say, before I saw the history revision by Koleszar, and the crazy take on Starocci is "Congratulations." Your kids came to scrap yesterday. You definitely have some good young kids that are going to make some waves in the future.
Why didn’t you say that in the 1st place😳

Shawver going to surprise some people come NCAA's..don't think he'll make podium but wouldn't be surprised to see him in bloodround.

Poz is GREAT..Brooks is a different beast. Brooks biggest test will be this Friday against Amine.

Northern Iowa kid gave Brooks a test.

To me the extra pushing out of bounds, elbow to the neck, dancing, shuffling wasn’t needed. Not the worst thing in the world but when your a heavy fav doesn’t sit rite. Go back and check posts other posted same thing It wasn’t something you had to look for just could see he was overboard.
He shuffles in every match. It's been said him and RBY train with some boxers and MMA fighters and they try to take the footwork and apply it in wrestling trying to create different angles and optomize their athleticism.

As far as everything else..Starocci is a "mean" wrestler. He's physical and a bully on the mat. He didn't just do this to O'Neill.

I think it's one of those things..If he was on your team you'd love him but as an opponent, maybe that rubs you the wrong way.

Once the match is over he's always respectful, doesn't gesture towards other team, and runs off the mat

Northern Iowa kid gave Brooks a test.
Yes..he's tough as well. Apparently they've been wrestling each other since they were kids and have as many as 10+ matches against each other (and Brooks hasn't lost any), so there is something to be said about familiarity.

We haven't seen Brooks/Amine..so that's why I say it's his biggest test

Ashnault one time held up 10 fingers at the Princeton coaches and fired finger guns at the Oklahoma State bench. No one thinks any less of him for it. Let the kids have their fun.
At an SKWC fund raising event a few months after the Princeton dual Scott introduced Coach Ayers to the crowd and Ayers held up 10 fingers. Brought down the house. OK State, the legendary John Smith., and their gamesmanship deserved the finger guns but I would suggest that a different finger from the index digit would have more appropriate and more Jersey. Great respect for Smith’s accomplishments as a wrestler but negative respect for his despicable perfornance against Suriano.

What I came over here to say, before I saw the history revision by Koleszar, and the crazy take on Starocci is "Congratulations." Your kids came to scrap yesterday. You definitely have some good young kids that are going to make some waves in the future.
And your forum spent five pages crying about MVB beating BB ...it was refs fault, it’s was BB doing all the wrestling , he chose neutral because he was scared and so on and so forth ...it was a great match ..yea BB had only takedown but MVB took 90% of the shots ...rode him out two straight OT periods ...and our coaches knew the criteria system and used it to win ..both guys wrestled tough and our guy won ...end of story ...why spend half your thread crying like little sissies ...never seen such National Champion contender fans who cry so much

I like the new OT format but it does lend itself to be exploited. Don’t like that you can choose neutral and essentially run around for 30 seconds. I don’t blame Goodale or MVB for doing it but both guys should have to ride out if you’re going to use riding time as the tiebreaker

Reactions: PSUer1989
I don’t believe in redshirting to avoid one wrestler. To me that’s no different than ducking.

There are also injuries, Olympics, other redshirts, weight changes, transfers, etc annually. Isn’t Poz expected to go 197 in the future?
He's not a 197lber. Poz may redshirt after next year. Soldano will most likely redshirt next year.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
And your forum spent five pages crying about MVB beating BB ...it was refs fault, it’s was BB doing all the wrestling , he chose neutral because he was scared and so on and so forth ...it was a great match ..yea BB had only takedown but MVB took 90% of the shots ...rode him out two straight OT periods ...and our coaches knew the criteria system and used it to win ..both guys wrestled tough and our guy won ...end of story ...why spend half your thread crying like little sissies ...never seen such National Champion contender fans who cry so much
Why are you asking me? I haven't posted a single message in that thread about the BB v MVB match. You expect me to control what everybody in that forum says?

Reactions: SCNJ
Paw
You are correct. Our kids came to scrap and to their credit they were not intimidated. Brooks is a supreme talent and a joy to watch. Every time Poz was in for a TD Brooks countered and turned it into a TD for him. I am OK with Z

Poz taking a redshirt in his career but not to **** someone. I agree about Shawver being a future talent. He will surprise people.

Paw
You are correct. Our kids came to scrap and to their credit they were not intimidated. Brooks is a supreme talent and a joy to watch. Every time Poz was in for a TD Brooks countered and turned it into a TD for him. I am OK with Z
Has Poz been using that fireman's carry much during his career? The reason I ask is because he hit it as well as anyone can hit it, maybe except for Spencer Lee, and Brooks still avoided the takedown. So, I wondered if it was something that could have been scouted, or if Brooks' reaction was purely feel.

I think he has used it but Brooks was so strong he just brushed aside Poz’ takedowns like nothing. Unreal.

Has Poz been using that fireman's carry much during his career? The reason I ask is because he hit it as well as anyone can hit it, maybe except for Spencer Lee, and Brooks still avoided the takedown. So, I wondered if it was something that could have been scouted, or if Brooks' reaction was purely feel.
I wouldn’t say Poz has any one move that stands out, but his reattacks are incredible. You really have to work to take him down. He’s extremely flexible for his size and he can generate a ton of strength from bad positions. He’s not on Brooks level, I’m not sure anyone is, but he’s definitely on whatever the next tier is.

He's not a 197lber. Poz may redshirt after next year. Soldano will most likely redshirt next year.
For what reason? To just improve his strength and skills without burning a year? Does he have Olympic aspirations? Not sure how his freestyle is

I like the new OT format but it does lend itself to be exploited. Don’t like that you can choose neutral and essentially run around for 30 seconds. I don’t blame Goodale or MVB for doing it but both guys should have to ride out if you’re going to use riding time as the tiebreaker
Ot sure what match you watched but he prevented the guy from taking him down ...disengaged at about ten seconds left which was exactly what he is supposed to do ..

Enough with the childish nonsense. Back to Poz... To me, he has looked big and imposing until I saw him yesterday against Brooks. Unless it was my TV, Brooks appeared so much bigger that I might have thought he was a 197 guy. Someone mentioned the possibility of him going 197 and that could be a real possibility. I'm not in favor of redshirting Poz but surprised no one has acknowledged it would make a spot for Soldano. I think Soldano will be ready on day one, much like Poz. And then there is also Casale coming in. I don't see anything opening up for Janzer.

I had thought there was a possibility that Poz could pull an upset - then I saw the match and realized how much a gap still exists. I also thought Shawver might pull it off and he almost did. He has been great this year and has lots of potential. I don't think Peterson is a given next year at 125 or 133. If he ever gets healthy, he'll have two years out of competition to come back from.
Brooks is at another level than anyone else besides maybe Amine who I think is 30. Sarcasm.

Last edited:
He uses it but I wouldn’t say often. Poz is just a very technically sound wrestler. Doesn’t try or need to beat a guy by 10 pts. Takes what guys give him. Also tremendous Defense which makes what Brooks did that much more impressive. IMO Brooks is top 5 in country all weights, possibly even #2 with Lee out. Gable clear #1

Reactions: mikemessner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT