ADVERTISEMENT

No. 16 Rutgers Wrestling Treks to No. 1 Penn State for Sunday Dual / Match Thread

I can't stand Carter starocci! That stupid face of his, trying to beat up on a backup. I hope Kemmerer launches him and packs him. You got to give it to O'Neill. He's really trying to put up a fight

Agreed. He comes off as a dickhead

Ok … missed the Clark match but saw it was a decision which is awesome … too much to ask O’Neill against the top ranked wrestler … major would have been great, but at least not a pin and it offsets our technical fall … PSU has won 4 matches, RU has 3 … let’s see if our hammers can make things interesting with minor upsets!

Poz holding his own after the first … Brooks scored 2 with 10 seconds left … Brooks up 2-0.

Brooks needs 8 seconds for the escape … Poz almost got 2, but Brooks countered and got a takedown and is up 5-0.

Brooks rides Poz out for over a minute and is up 5-0 with riding time.

Another escape … 7-2 .., then another 2.

Repeat of last years B1G match … 10-2 … Poz wrestled better than to lose by MD.

PSU up 19-11.

As the announcer said Brooks is tall and has a wide stance which makes it difficult to get at his legs.

That straight leg out under the other guy move looks painful. I could never wrestle. Let’s go Greg!!

Dean getting in on a ton of shots. Bulsak fighting off some. Would like to see him shoot

Bulsak battled but needs to shoot more and not just look to counter.

Don’t know much about wrestling but we seem to be very methodical almost slow in our escape attempts.

I guess we did better than expected but I still hate moral victories and I still hope a giant sinkhole opens up in State College and swallows PSU into hell. (After RU leaves of course.)

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
I thought Bulsak looked great tonight. It could go either which way with him and Dean. If he wreatles like that he'll definitely be a top-five finish at the NCA tournament. As I had mentioned previously, he's got to stop letting other wrestlers get to his legs, and and take more shots. That was my argument a couple weeks ago. Other than that there was no shame losing a close match like that to arguably the best 197-pounder in the country.

There is not much difference between Dean and Bulsak.....that was good to see.
Keep grinding and working for a podium finish

RU did better than the predictions … let’s see if Esposito avoids the pin … OK with loss by TF just no pin

I thought Bulsak looked great tonight. It could go either which way with him and Dean. If he wreatles like that he'll definitely be a top-five finish at the NCA tournament. As I had mentioned previously, he's got to stop letting other wrestlers get to his legs, and and take more shots. That was my argument a couple weeks ago. Other than that there was no shame losing a close match like that to arguably the best 197-pounder in the country.
He was looking good up 6-3 but gave up a takedown last seconds of 2 nd turned momentum

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT