ADVERTISEMENT

No. 18 Rutgers Wrestling Treks to 2022 Ken Kraft Midlands Championships

I really like the last few matches from Clark. He's starting to find an offense from neutral. His top game hasn't been as great this tournament and he's finding a new way to win. He's gaining confidence in neutral and is much more sure of himself.

Last edited:
Soldano is very sloppy thus far and is down 11-6 after the 1st.
Glad Soldano won but he probably needs to drop to 174. That guy was huge and able to stop a lot of his rolls due to strength, size and height.

Reactions: rpiseman
Not going to be home from hand surgery until 13:00 tomorrow....Will have to stay off of boards and watch replay(Hope i can) of semi's

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Are the team wrestling scores on Trackwrestling accurate? It says RU is currently in 2nd, but I have no idea if that is accurate

That guy was def bigger and the match was sloppy, but Soldano only has 1 loss in a true freshman campaign, with several ranked wins and onto the Midlands semis. I'd say he's doing alright.
He is doing great. But, he will also have issues against bigger, not necessarily better guys.

Trent Hilger, now here's a guy who's been around the block about a thousand times. If you look close enough you'll see some grey hairs in that man bun of his.

Reactions: jerzey devil
Soldano showed his strength on that reversal. This kid is so dangerous. Funky as funky can be!

Just looked up the guy Soldano beat from NW. He is a redshirt freshman who wrestled 220 his senior year in hs. Most likely kept his football weight and didn’t cut a pound but still a long way down to 184 in college.

Glad Soldano won but he probably needs to drop to 174. That guy was huge and able to stop a lot of his rolls due to strength, size and height.
Nah. He's at the right weight and wrestling his style. That's not changing and he stuck the kid. Cutting an obscene amount of weight isn't for many.

Last edited:
Performance in second round much better. Peterson beat Miller for a second time this year, Sammy looked his best, Oliveri gave Matthews a battle, Clark fantastic, Boone is good just not ready for the top guys, and no words to describe Soldano. Heilman hustles and fights like hell.

Tomorrow will be telling. Can we get 3 champs and will guys perform in the wrestle backs. A good performance will give us momentum going into the Big Ten duals.

Heilman wins 3-0. Not his best match but solid kid from Penn really did nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT