ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ok if we lose tonight but keep it a close game. But it means we have to come back and win tomorrow. If we do win tonight, can Mickey please make sure he has the "A" lineup in there for the final game...

I am ok if we lose tonight but keep it a close game. But it means we have to come back and win tomorrow. If we do win tonight, can Mickey please make sure he has the "A" lineup in there for the final game...
IDK. Remember we are playing 20 in a row. Nido is going to get two starts per week. Cano is going to need the occasional day off. Smith's got to play sometimes as long as he's on the team. Lagares will get his starts, especially against lefties (maybe tonight). There will always be a little mixing and matching. TBH I don't even know what the "A" lineup is.

That said, Mets will soon need to drop one bench player, maybe two. BVW has promised that the best 25 will be on the roster. So we'll see.

Todd just looks lost at the plate. Let him play from the 7th on for D but he cannot start any longer.

Are the Mets totally against sweeping teams. It's like an organizational thing to be happy to win two out of three. Where do the Mets find bum pitchers from other teams and give them new life?

Washington is not a good team, so Font must not be a solid pitcher. The Nats are crushing his pitches like it's BP.

Last edited:
Reactions: tico brown
Looks like Font is Comic Sans MS.
ConcernedBetterImperialeagle-size_restricted.gif

This is why I was even against giving up even a medium bonus baby who hasn't pitched stateside for him!!

I'm a true believer in kicking a man (Nats) when he's down. Instead of signing a group 30+ y/o position players, sign quality mid relief pitchers and a starter with same money.
Proba ly wouldve had Keuchel for the same money they gave Lowrie and/or the 2/3 experienced AAAA players who are now in Syracuse.

Proba ly wouldve had Keuchel for the same money they gave Lowrie and/or the 2/3 experienced AAAA players who are now in Syracuse.
Those AAAA guys are on minor league contracts making minor league money. They aren't the problem. The problem is that the Mets didn't believe that McNeil was the genuine article, and spent big bucks to replace him - money better spent elsewhere.

Reactions: tico brown
Those AAAA guys are on minor league contracts making minor league money. They aren't the problem. The problem is that the Mets didn't believe that McNeil was the genuine article, and spent big bucks to replace him - money better spent elsewhere.
I wouldve said Frazier as well but people would say that he was signed last year. I just hope McNeil gets a fair shot, compared to Murphy, Flores, and Turner

Reactions: cicero grimes
IDK. Remember we are playing 20 in a row. Nido is going to get two starts per week. Cano is going to need the occasional day off. Smith's got to play sometimes as long as he's on the team. Lagares will get his starts, especially against lefties (maybe tonight). There will always be a little mixing and matching. TBH I don't even know what the "A" lineup is.

That said, Mets will soon need to drop one bench player, maybe two. BVW has promised that the best 25 will be on the roster. So we'll see.
With that all understood- A lineup is still pretty easy...Ramos, Alonso, Cano, Rosario, Davis, McNeil, Nimmo/Lageras, Conforto...Nido once or twice a week to rest Ramos. Smith/Frazier your primary off the bench for pinch hitter or late D.
I have really grown to like Smith a lot. Amazing what a year does. But, he may be the best chip we have to make a move for a pitcher. Get the best deal you can for the combo mentioned above and sign DK at this point.
Maybe I am not smart enough to be a GM but this does not seem like it is brain surgery.

Yup... Mets don't need Dallas Keuchel... or Gio Gonzalez for that matter as long as they can get Font or depend on Matz and Vargas to come back to their AAAA levels on the rotation. Meanwhile Wheeler is getting rocked by the Nats 4-0 in the first. FFS.

McNeil and Conforto both left today's game with injuries. Concussion protocol for Conforto and abdominal strain for McNeil. If they are out for an extended period of time this season can go down the toilet quickly.

McNeil and Conforto both left today's game with injuries. Concussion protocol for Conforto and abdominal strain for McNeil. If they are out for an extended period of time this season can go down the toilet quickly.
:flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush:

Reactions: Kbee3 and Zak57
Time to bring up AAAA player Carlos Gomez and send Broxton to the Newark Bears.

Anyone but Broxton. He’s whining now because he’s not playing enough and doesn’t understand why he’s not playing? Seriously? He’s not playing because he sucks. How difficult is this to understand. He was brought in the be a 4th or 5th outfielder and he has to proven he can do that. He’s not even proven to be the fielder he’s supposed to be.

Let me get this straight, Dom Smith all but begged the Mets to play in the outfield and they said no. Conforto is out now possibly anywhere from a week to 2 weeks. Calloway is saying Broxton will replace Conforto... WTF. This team is in this position because they refuse to play the best players available. Dom can play the outfield a little, but what the Mets need most is offense. Dom can provide that over Broxton. While we're at it Davis needs to the majority of time at 3rd.

Let me get this straight, Dom Smith all but begged the Mets to play in the outfield and they said no. Conforto is out now possibly anywhere from a week to 2 weeks. Calloway is saying Broxton will replace Conforto... WTF. This team is in this position because they refuse to play the best players available. Dom can play the outfield a little, but what the Mets need most is offense. Dom can provide that over Broxton. While we're at it Davis needs to the majority of time at 3rd.
I think Davis has started every game in the last week except like one. So yeah he's getting the majority of the time at 3rd.

The Riversharks went under (pun intended) in 2015. Maybe the New Jersey Jackals? Vic Black pitched for them last year.
How about the Atlantic City Aces? Or whatever the hell that defunct Atlantic League team were called.

Nats hadn't won back to back games since April I believe. Hadn't won a series in a month. And losing a series to them when you dont see either Scherzer or Strasburg is bad. I don't know how much Broxton was signed for. Or did he come in a trade? Either way I dont see how he lasts the season. A .140 ba at the major league level is simply not sustainable.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I just came back from Binghamton at Trenton game. Very enjoyable. Was not impressed with gimenez. Has speed and a good glove but can’t hit. Trade him when he still have value.

Broxton was a trade.

I was supposed to go to the Bingo/Thunder game but didn't go last minute. Will try for tomorrow.

After hitting a three run homer in the third inning, Carlos Gomez was removed from tonight's AAA game in Syracuse. So it looks like he's on his way to Citi, to replace Conforto who's been placed on the 7 day concussion IL. If so, someone will have to be dropped from the 40 man to make room. My guess is Ryan O'Rourke. Broxton survives for a little while longer at least.

Gomez will be returning to the Mets after a 12 year hiatus, having made his debut as a Met rookie in 2007. I think that is the longest interval between Met appearances. (Jason Vargas was 11 years.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT