ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cut.jpg

Matz is thinking: M-I-C-K-E-Y G-T-F-O- of my face!!!

Matt Ehalt‏Verified account@MattEhalt
A source said Mickey Callaway will not be fired tonight, and the team is not prepared to make a change during this road trip. This does not rule out Mickey being canned Monday, but there are no plans for him to be fired today/tomorrow.

Hardly a vote of confidence!

OK I'll play along. Let's say the Mets, right now, brought up EVERY legitimate major league prospect currently playing for Syracuse. Every single damn one.

QUESTION - Whom do you send down?

ANSWER - You don't have to send anyone down, because you didn't bring anyone up. The Mets have no MLB prospects at the AAA level. Soon they will promote Anthony Kay to Syracuse from Binghamton. Then they'll have one.

As far as the manager goes, can you even NAME (without looking it up) the Syracuse manager? Can anyone on this board? I know I can't. And you want to promote him? IF (big if) Callaway does get the boot, Jim Riggleman is the obvious interim replacement.
It was sarcasm. My patience for the mets is at its breaking point. Why do I punish myself?

Yes. When you're sitting 4 rows behind home plate, you can tell whether a kid has pop. Gimenez does not and his .250 average at the AA level also speaks volumes.

Defensively, he's very good and he has very good speed but all he'll be offensively is a slap hitter - and not very good at the Major league level.. I'd recommend watching him if you can this weekend at Trenton and let me know your opinion of him.

Professional scouts don't make decisions on players that fast. Anyone can have a bad night.
You'd have put Tuffy Rhodes in the HOF after opening day of 1994 or written off Willie Mays completely after his first few weeks of play in 1951.

Funny....I actually tuned in the Mets game today. But I only watched the first at bat....by the Mets lead-off guy.
Then I had to leave.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
That trade wouldve made sense with Diaz if they signed Gio, Keuchel, or whoever else that wouldve improved this club. But its an assinine deal since they lost a couple of the big prospects and seems to be happy with the usual status quo by not sig3n any of the above or continuing to play the likes Frazier, TDA, etc. They are lucky they havent screwed up McNeil's progress with Cano being here playing 2B.

That trade wouldve made sense with Diaz if they signed Gio, Keuchel, or whoever else that wouldve improved this club. But its an assinine deal since they lost a couple of the big prospects and seems to be happy with the usual status quo by not sig3n any of the above or continuing to play the likes Frazier, TDA, etc. They are lucky they havent screwed up McNeil's progress with Cano being here playing 2B.

Cano is already an albatross and why would we even need Diaz when there are hardly any games to save. Playing Frazier is just beyond ridiculous.

Hopefully, at least Calloway May be gone after today. He’s inept and his attitude reeks of losing.

Reactions: shields
It's more than Calloway. The GM is just as responsible for this mess. This is what you get for hiring an agent and a pitching coach from the American league.

Last edited:
I think Cano just got Callaway fired. May have happened anyway, but today's "effort" sealed the deal
Yeah right. Ill put that under the same category as "I HAVE COMMITTED TO RUTGERS." Ill believe it when I see it. Until then, same old same old: Im done.

No matter what moves the Mets make in the offseason, hopefully some of the usual posters wait until at least the all-star break of next season until they talk....at all. I thought the Mets were a legit World Series darkhorse this year. This is a low point and that’s really saying something for the Mets.

I was in the car today when Cano pulled his crap. What did Keith say on tv?

I have been a Callaway defender all year but no more. I was sickened by him LYING to defend Cano, saying that the ball had landed foul and then (unbeknownst to Cano) spun fair. In reality it was fair all the way, with Cano staring at it motionless.

Reactions: shields
In order to re-enact 1969 we have to fall into last place. So far everything is going according to plan. I salute the owners and GM on their vision of things.

So what did Cano do?
Cano hit a dribbler in front of the plate and stood there staring at it while the Marlins turned a 2-6-3 DP. That's twice in three days he didn't run out a DP ball. He showed no remorse and blamed the umpire for not calling it fair (although he did).

Ultimately Jeff is the real problem and then he got schmoozed by this jackass BVW. Do you think he's going to call Cano into this office to discipline him when he was his former player? Very doubtful.

Someone put in a big bet on the Mets today,knocking them down from +140 to +120.Then,the crowd continued to back Corbin pushing the Mets back up to +140 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT