ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came back from Binghamton at Trenton game. Very enjoyable. Was not impressed with gimenez. Has speed and a good glove but can’t hit. Trade him when he still have value.
You made a decision on a prospect based on 1 game?

Nats hadn't won back to back games since April I believe. Hadn't won a series in a month. And losing a series to them when you dont see either Scherzer or Strasburg is bad. I don't know how much Broxton was signed for. Or did he come in a trade? Either way I dont see how he lasts the season. A .140 ba at the major league level is simply not sustainable.
They could have skipped Font and pitched Thor, Zack and Jake this series. It is inexcusable that he would not alter the rotation with the two off days. You miss Max and Strasburg and still cannot win two of three. Inexcusable. Ship out Broxton, TF and Calloway as well.

They could have skipped Font and pitched Thor, Zack and Jake this series. It is inexcusable that he would not alter the rotation with the two off days. You miss Max and Strasburg and still cannot win two of three. Inexcusable. Ship out Broxton, TF and Calloway as well.
True. But in fairness Zack was one of the failures in this one.

Reactions: tico brown
When Hector Santiago is hitting more home runs than Tim Tebow or even Keon Broxton.

BTW, he's 3-1, 3.35 in 7 starts... WHY NOT? Hes better than Font or at the least hes the lefthanded Lugo/Gsellman.

These are all BVW decisions not Mickey.

Then, why have a manager...even worse, a pitching “guru” as a manager if he is not making day to day lineup decisions

Clubhouse management and in game strategy. He has a say obviously but the ultimate decision is BVW not Mickey.

20,000 x 50 x 15 = ??????

4.5 = ?
2 = ?
1 = ?

20,000 less fans in September
$50 per ticket
15 home games
15,000,000 in lost revenue

Eat 4.5 mill on Vargas
2 mill to sign Gio Gonzalez
Eat 1 million on Broxton

Not spending 7.5 million will cost ownership 15 million without even factoring food and parking along with possibility of fans losing interest in August that will cost several more millions in lost revenue.

Stupid and cheap is no way to go through life as an owner

The Keon Broxton era, such as it was, is over. DFA'd. Conforto to IL. Gomez up and is in the lineup, batting sixth. Sewald up as 12th pitcher.

Gomez rocking #91.

Last edited:
The Keon Broxton era, such as it was, is over. DFA'd. Conforto to IL. Gomez up and is in the lineup, batting sixth. Sewald up as 12th pitcher.
It only took a quarter of the season to realize Broxton was a waste and the Mets got fleeced by the Brewers. I'm not high on Sewald or this 12 pitchers idea until the MLB expands the roster. Bottom line, if the Mets had addressed their pitching situation at the beginning of the season, they would not be burning through suspect pitchers. This is what happens when you nickel and dime the wrong areas of the team. Instead, the Mets spent money on questionable backup position players who I think were overpaid.

Yup. There is just hardly any major league talent on this team. Aside from Alonso, McNeil, and sometimes deGrom, there is not much to get excited about. They play dinosaurs like Frazier, Ramos and Cano and act like they are stars.
I’m losing interest quickly.

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-b...-mickey-callaway-questions-in-miami/307227706
Coming back from a brutal road trip where they lost five of six games, Mets COO Jeff Wilpon called a meeting with Van Wagenen and Callway, and many believed it was to let Callaway know that his leash was short. However, that wasn't the case at all, as Callaway noted it being a normalcy that these meetings occur following a road trip.

Mickey’s horrible managing probably cost 2-3 games this year and he’s about the worst manager the Mets have had since Art Howe.
However, Brodie made the horrible pickups this off season and then claimed the Mets were the favorites in the NL East. 4th place is almost a lock.

You made a decision on a prospect based on 1 game?
Yes. When you're sitting 4 rows behind home plate, you can tell whether a kid has pop. Gimenez does not and his .250 average at the AA level also speaks volumes.

Defensively, he's very good and he has very good speed but all he'll be offensively is a slap hitter - and not very good at the Major league level.. I'd recommend watching him if you can this weekend at Trenton and let me know your opinion of him.

Because de Grom is having a bad year?

The one thing Callaway should be good at is handling pitching and that has been an epic fail. His other managerial skills are atrocious. If we have decided to rebuild then trade the assets and keep Callaway. If we are still trying to compete then we need to go all in and hire a manager who can help us win.

The one thing Callaway should be good at is handling pitching and that has been an epic fail. His other managerial skills are atrocious. If we have decided to rebuild then trade the assets and keep Callaway. If we are still trying to compete then we need to go all in and hire a manager who can help us win.
So de Grom winning the Cy Young is on de Grom. de Grom struggling this year on on Callaway. Callaway made de Grom forget everything he knew about pitching. Got it.

I'm not defending Callaway. But blaming Callaway for last night's lost is ludicrous.

Carleton Fisk i just looked it up. Hit .243,.245 and .229 in minors. Made the hall of Fame.

Losing to the Marlins again at this point: so I guess our resident Marlins fan didn't show up this year.

I think Mickey Moron’s days are numbered, thankfully. A loss tomorrow could do it.

I say send the manager and the big league roster to Syracuse. Bring the triple A team and manager up. Can't be any worse.
OK I'll play along. Let's say the Mets, right now, brought up EVERY legitimate major league prospect currently playing for Syracuse. Every single damn one.

QUESTION - Whom do you send down?

ANSWER - You don't have to send anyone down, because you didn't bring anyone up. The Mets have no MLB prospects at the AAA level. Soon they will promote Anthony Kay to Syracuse from Binghamton. Then they'll have one.

As far as the manager goes, can you even NAME (without looking it up) the Syracuse manager? Can anyone on this board? I know I can't. And you want to promote him? IF (big if) Callaway does get the boot, Jim Riggleman is the obvious interim replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT