ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Diaz-Cano trade is already the 3rd worst trade in franchise history and that's without Kelenic or Dunn even doing anything in the majors yet.
Sad part is that this trade can move up on this list

Sad part is that this trade can move up on this list
Or it can be viewed fondly as a success - if Diaz becomes a modern day Tug McGraw or Jesse Orosco - a key component to a championship team.
Obviously, won't happen this year, but it could happen. Don't ask me to bet on it though.

Or it can be viewed fondly as a success - if Diaz becomes a modern day Tug McGraw or Jesse Orosco - a key component to a championship team.
Obviously, won't happen this year, but it could happen. Don't ask me to bet on it though.

Good thing because the odds of this happening while with the Mets is LOOONNNNNGGGG based on recent history. Will not happen with Diaz because he will either continue to crap in his pants, have a dislocated finger turn into paralysis below the waist, or get traded for mid level prospects before he signs his first big FA contract.

So watching the Met's game yesterday, it appeared that Lagares pulled his cell phone out from his back pocket while in the field.

Is that common nowadays? Is it tactical? Or was he just checking facebook?

So watching the Met's game yesterday, it appeared that Lagares pulled his cell phone out from his back pocket while in the field.

It's fairly common for OF's to reference note cards as to positioning against different hitters. Never saw a cellphone before, but why not.

Nah- just his wife wanting to know what he was up to.

Reactions: cicero grimes
It's fairly common for OF's to reference note cards as to positioning against different hitters. Never saw a cellphone before, but why not.
It was a quick glimpse, but it sure looked like a cell phone, a super thin one, which I imagine they can afford.

Don't they make flexey phones too nowadays?

It was a quick glimpse, but it sure looked like a cell phone, a super thin one, which I imagine they can afford.

Don't they make flexey phones too nowadays?
Because waiting the few minutes to when you’re in the dugout takes so long! Looking forward to the first instance of distracted OF play where it costs a team...you know it’s coming...and probably a Met...and it will be hilarious !

I called it.
Yeah... he wakes up when the season is damm near over. BTW, after a decent 2018 season when it looked like he was about to turn into a legit contributor, explain why Amed Rosario has all of a sudden turned into Robinson Cano, Jr?

Yeah... he wakes up when the season is damm near over. BTW, after a decent 2018 season when it looked like he was about to turn into a legit contributor, explain why Amed Rosario has all of a sudden turned into Robinson Cano, Jr?
AR isn’t the best around by far but this has been his best offensive season

Reactions: Doctor Worm
So far it is but as I've been saying he's still below average offensively at SS. He needs a monster second half.
I don't disagree- just thought it a strangely timed post as it is easily his best offensive season. And I think some of us have now settled into just being happy he is hitting better than he was. And more so since this seems to be a position that has also become the best hitter on most teams. A SS needs to be now 275 ba + 25hr + and also steal 20+

I shouldve said Defensively. His hands and glove were not as bad as they are this year

Now, that makes more sense and very strange too. I just don't remember him being this bad

Reactions: Knight Shift
It used to be that the four corner positions (1B, 3B, LF, RF) were considered offense-first positions, but up the middle (C, 2B, SS, CF) were defense-first. But nowadays it seems there is no such thing as a defense-first position. If you can't rake, you can't partake.

I don't disagree- just thought it a strangely timed post as it is easily his best offensive season. And I think some of us have now settled into just being happy he is hitting better than he was. And more so since this seems to be a position that has also become the best hitter on most teams. A SS needs to be now 275 ba + 25hr + and also steal 20+

Now, that makes more sense and very strange too. I just don't remember him being this bad

It's just not a bat currently that I need to get in the lineup and keep there. I figured he'd take that next step by now but his slow incremental improvement while being a positive sign overall his production with the bat and glove leaves a lot to be desired. I still have some faith that by the end of the year he proves me wrong so he can be a piece at SS that we need.

Wheeler to IL. If it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck.
Here's a tissue. Stop your sobbing.
Then take a look at the number of games missed by Yankees players this season due to injuries.

Last edited:
Here's a tissue. Stop your sobbing.
Then take a look at the number of games missed by Yankees players this season due to injuries.
Nothing even remotely the same you dolt...Wheeler is not expected to help us out at all this year but was our only player that could have brought back significant return before he becomes a free agent.
He is now hurt during the only time we could have traded him.

It used to be that the four corner positions (1B, 3B, LF, RF) were considered offense-first positions, but up the middle (C, 2B, SS, CF) were defense-first. But nowadays it seems there is no such thing as a defense-first position. If you can't rake, you can't partake.

Disagree about center field and catcher. Yes, a team needs excellent defenders at those positions, but a center fielder or catcher who is good-field-no-hit has always been headed for the bench. But what you say is true of ss's and 2baggers, and I think the difference is that nowadays their are plenty of guys who can hit playing those positions -- there are now bigger people playing ss and 2b -- so every team now seeks offense at ss and 2b to keep pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT