ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Home Run Derby mess with Alonso? 1-11 since the break and seeming to over-swing on everything

I assume this post was made before Diaz recorded the final out?

But I just saw the Met's won last night. Got an actual win streak going.

Did whatever it took to put the anti-stink on him. Needed that win over the locals. Yippee!

Reactions: redking
The Wilmer Font era has ended. Traded to Toronto for a guy named Cash Considerations. Look forward to seeing this new guy - I hear he's money.

Reactions: Foads
And yet many of you loved the signing just because he wasn't going to be the closer. Bad pitching is bad pitching no matter what inning.
But there is bad pitching, and then there is what we have seen this year from Familia.

He wasn't even bad last year with a 3.14 ERA. He's at 7.34 this year.

The Wilmer Font era has ended. Traded to Toronto for a guy named Cash Considerations. Look forward to seeing this new guy - I hear he's money.
It will take 2 weeks for Considerations to blow out his elbow and get Tommy John Surgery

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor Worm
Finding help in relievers is a difficult task, but trading away (for nothing in return) what little success you have at a weak position doesn't make sense.
Meanwhile, you keep a boatload of bums who will continue to lose games for you. Also, the bonus is to call up more bums. I felt Lugo, Font, and sometimes Gsellman gave you at least a starting point with the bullpen.

Reactions: tico brown
Finding help in relievers is a difficult task, but trading away (for nothing in return) what little success you have at a weak position doesn't make sense.
Meanwhile, you keep a boatload of bums who will continue to lose games for you. Also, the bonus is to call up more bums. I felt Lugo, Font, and sometimes Gsellman gave you at least a starting point with the bullpen.
And some people said BVW was better then Chaim Bloom.

And yet many of you loved the signing just because he wasn't going to be the closer. Bad pitching is bad pitching no matter what inning.
I thought bringing him back was fine but paid too much. There is NOTHING in his history even remotely this bad. If fact, he has been a pretty decent for most of his career. Just not the guy I would rely on to close.
He should be a 2.80-3.25 era and 10ish k’s per 9 innings.

McNeil with 1 run scored in 8 straight games. 11 runs scored in his last 10 games, 19 runs scored in his last 22.

Reactions: tico brown
The 3 Amigos just don't get it, and remember how they all used top mock the Mets injuries? Came back to bite them in the butt. Epic Fall on the way.[cheers]
Their only purpose is to troll on here and its allowed. But dont you dare mention the words KELENIC, DUNN, or that Cano and Diaz is a Top 3 Clusterf*** Trade ever, or even talk about a combined no hitter that occurred under freaky circumstances.

great win yesterday. Smith goes yard late to give us the lead and the bats explode. Alonso's shot still has not landed. If this team only had a bullpen.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I'm not a Mets fan, but follow them a lot since I live in the area. I would not mess with any of the young core players at the trade deadline this year unless someone blows you away with an offer. I would see what you can get from guys like Vargas, Wheeler (tough now that he is on the IL) and Frazier, etc.

I know Dom Smith is blocked to a certain extent, but keep trying to develop him in LF and see what you have. The homegrown core is pretty solid so far: Alonso, McNeil, Conforto, Smith, Rosario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT