ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 PGA Tour Thread

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
Starts today in prime time. Even though the two weeks in Hawaii seem like spring training its great to have golf back on my viewing schedule.
Restricted field this week, just winners from last year tee it up. Course favors the bombers, no real problems on Kapalua, so it's grip it and rip it.
For 2019 I'm looking for some of the young guns to rebound from mixed results last year.
Don't really have a fan favorite anymore, don't have many I root against either. It has been that way for me for a few years now and I enjoy the game a lot more and watch more too.
Enjoy.

Superfan01 in the house. He is the real golf expert on the boards. Who can forgot his Ryder cup prediction (Thursday before tourney) of a European romp only to be laughed at by @WhiteBus who thought his boy Phil in the tourney for the US was a good idea. Hey we all make mistakes. Yikes!!!
Feel free to ask me any golf related questions. I’m the go to golfer expert on this board.

I have a great one. Will Woods ever win another major?!

Great question Caliknight. To answer your question. Yes woods will win another major as long as he stays healthy. Big if of course.
He was in several majors last year and other than koepka prob played the best overall in the majors. For him he needs to control the driver which I believe he will fix.

Gotta give woods credit. His comeback from all his surgeries in his 40s is one of the great comebacks of all time. We are blessed.

I have a great one. Will Woods ever win another major?!

Was wondering how long it would take for this question, lol. I have the same answer as superguy - he will if he stays healthy for at least the next 2 years, as he also needs time to regain his full consistency and touch , i.e., if he's healthy for the next 2 years, I think he wins one during that time.

Starts today in prime time. Even though the two weeks in Hawaii seem like spring training its great to have golf back on my viewing schedule.
Restricted field this week, just winners from last year tee it up. Course favors the bombers, no real problems on Kapalua, so it's grip it and rip it.
For 2019 I'm looking for some of the young guns to rebound from mixed results last year.
Don't really have a fan favorite anymore, don't have many I root against either. It has been that way for me for a few years now and I enjoy the game a lot more and watch more too.
Enjoy.

Looking forward to it also. Was always a Phil fan, but I think he's close to done on the Tour, with regard to being a top player, so I don't really have a favorite from the younger set. Would love to see Kuchar and Westwood finally win majors, but I wouldn't call them favorites of mine. Might have to wait for someone new. I'm also hoping that this is the year I get back to playing golf more than 2-3 times per year - I miss the days of playing 3-4 rounds a week...

Reactions: WhiteBus
I predict the youth movement continues. Big year for Dechambeau. Beau Hossler wins two events. And Cameron Champ becomes the new rookie darling of the tour.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Ricky Fowler will be close but blow another chance at a major

Tiger will win twice but not a major.

Matt Kuchar will continue to be the richest guy who seldom if ever wins.

DJ and Koepka will have a knock down drag out fist fight the 1st time they're paired together. Dana White will immediately sign them up.

Phil will lose the millions he won in the Tiger match betting he can recreate the clubhouse shot from Tin Cup blindfolded.

Patrick Reed will actually make a friend on tour. It'll last 2 weeks.

Ian Poulter will become an American citizen making the US team odds on favorite for the 2020 Ryder Cup.

Enjoy.

I had a dream about golf the other night. It was summer. I was driving up 18 enjoying the weather.

Superfan01 in the house. He is the real golf expert on the boards. Who can forgot his Ryder cup prediction (Thursday before tourney) of a European romp only to be laughed at by @WhiteBus who thought his boy Phil in the tourney for the US was a good idea. Hey we all make mistakes. Yikes!!!
Feel free to ask me any golf related questions. I’m the go to golfer expert on this board.

Handicap?

I predict the youth movement continues. Big year for Dechambeau. Beau Hossler wins two events. And Cameron Champ becomes the new rookie darling of the tour.

I've been reading up on DeChambeau's golf theories. Iron shaft length. Driver shaft lengths. Bryson is gonna be a fav.

Reactions: ClassOf02
Going to the Waste Management Open in Scottsdale for a bachelor party next month. Can not stress enough how excited I am for that as it brings together a big party and golf. Should be a great time!

Going to the Waste Management Open in Scottsdale for a bachelor party next month. Can not stress enough how excited I am for that as it brings together a big party and golf. Should be a great time!
Thats awesome. Love that tournament for many reasons. Besides the massive fun crowds its on Super Bowl weekend so I don't have watch any of the pregame shows!

Reactions: RUScrew85
Thats awesome. Love that tournament for many reasons. Besides the massive fun crowds its on Super Bowl weekend so I don't have watch any of the pregame shows!

Not to hijack the thread but yes we're doing tourney Sat and then getting reserved spot at a bar for the game on Sunday. Return Tuesday where I'll be dead since we arrive Thursday night.

Not to hijack the thread but yes we're doing tourney Sat and then getting reserved spot at a bar for the game on Sunday. Return Tuesday where I'll be dead since we arrive Thursday night.
You must report back to all of us after.

Reactions: Zak57
Was hoping Tiger was playing in this, figured he might since there is no cut and guaranteed points, but looks like he won't start til The Farmers, Jan 24, at Torrey Pines .

I played Kapalua on my honeymoon. My wife stayed back at the Resort and let me have the afternoon. The greens fees and club/shoe rentals pretty reasonable all things considering. Played the Bay course, and they paired me up w a nice couple. Just enjoyed the views, the beers, the breeze and even hit a couple straight, lol. Why is hitting a golf ball straight so damn hard anyway, lol I was a pretty good hitter in baseball many years ago, but boy, hitting a golf ball , is a whole other skill.

The Kapalua golf resort web site is very nice.

https://www.golfatkapalua.com/

Speaking of the new rules. I played on Tuesday - it was 82 degrees out and beautiful. Played the new rules. My club has decided not to use the out of bounds rule where you can drop in the fairway with a 2 stroke penalty. I think that rule is dumb. If it’s out, that means you hit a bad shot so tee it up again and you will most likely be in better position. Given the choice I assume 90% of the time a good golfer hits again.

The putting with the pin in is a mess. I Never put the pin in and out so many times. One guy wants it in, The next doesn’t. Slows things down. However I saw a putt made that I have never seen made in 25 years. Downhill putt that never drops if you hit the hole but it hit the pin and went in.

I do like dropping from knee height.

So the Island winds are up and keeping scores down except for Kevin Tway who is battling the flu but posts a terrific 7under.

Was hoping Tiger was playing in this, figured he might since there is no cut and guaranteed points, but looks like he won't start til The Farmers, Jan 24, at Torrey Pines .

I played Kapalua on my honeymoon. My wife stayed back at the Resort and let me have the afternoon. The greens fees and club/shoe rentals pretty reasonable all things considering. Played the Bay course, and they paired me up w a nice couple. Just enjoyed the views, the beers, the breeze and even hit a couple straight, lol. Why is hitting a golf ball straight so damn hard anyway, lol I was a pretty good hitter in baseball many years ago, but boy, hitting a golf ball , is a whole other skill.

The Kapalua golf resort web site is very nice.

https://www.golfatkapalua.com/

I played Torrey Pines 15 years ago.

Reactions: Abro1975
Speaking of the new rules. I played on Tuesday - it was 82 degrees out and beautiful. Played the new rules. My club has decided not to use the out of bounds rule where you can drop in the fairway with a 2 stroke penalty. I think that rule is dumb. If it’s out, that means you hit a bad shot so tee it up again and you will most likely be in better position. Given the choice I assume 90% of the time a good golfer hits again.

The putting with the pin in is a mess. I Never put the pin in and out so many times. One guy wants it in, The next doesn’t. Slows things down. However I saw a putt made that I have never seen made in 25 years. Downhill putt that never drops if you hit the hole but it hit the pin and went in.

I do like dropping from knee height.

Yeah pin in and out is going to slow play. Just leave it in.

Reactions: Section124
Loving the on course interviews which the players have agreed to this year.

Tour players will sometimes putt with the pin in? Or are we talking about weekend players?
It's a rule change for everyone, tour and weekend warriors. It won't slow the tour down as they have caddies but I imagine it will slow down public play initially

It's a rule change for everyone, tour and weekend warriors. It won't slow the tour down as they have caddies but I imagine it will slow down public play initially

Which is ironic as the intention of the rule was to speed up the game.

Our foursome left the flag in all day and it made things a lot easier. Definitely sped up play on the greens. I had three birdies today and all of them were putted with the flag in including a four footer.

Reactions: Section124
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT